Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience

I was here on Koh Tao just for this Padi course. It was booked through STA Travel. But I am veeerry... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
amundrangoey
Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
via mobile
Amazing experience!

I had a great time doing the open water course with Steve And Christian. Steve did an excellent job... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ruthjer
Koh Tao, Thailand
via mobile

1,159 results
All reviews fun dives an amazing experience great company safe hands white rock special thanks makes you feel dive shop open water a lot of fun these guys diving pool dm tao team equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Completed my Open Water certificate with DJL diving and absolutely loved it. From a passing conversation with one of their instructors, Noah, on the other side of the island, I was inspired by his passion for diving and took the plunge.

It was a great experience, I feel confident in my diving thanks to my main instructor Jill who was really encouraging, enthusiastic and so patient with all of us in our group.

Steve, who covered some additional theory with me due to me starting at a very basic level, is a great instructor and seeing his work with a young lad on his birthday was inspiring.

The school is great as it makes sure to have smaller, more intimate groups ensuring everyone gets the attention they need to learn the skills to dive, before taking you to the best spots nearby to the Island of Turtles (Koh Tao) for diving. The visibility and volume of fish was spectacular, the myriad of colours and shapes in the rich tropical aquatic tapestry I have seen was very moving.

It's very reasonably priced for diving and our group went for the video and photo offer to record your last 2 dives (When you've got it down and feeling comfortable) based on the recommendation of the previous group, and I'm super happy we did as it's really something to remember.

The owner Tim, who loves diving, has a great team. If you catch him for a drink, after your course, will regale you with fascinating tales of sunken wrecks from around the world.
Also you should eat Aytie's food there it's cheap and amazing.

Thank you to all who helped for such a great experience. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 18, 2020

DJL not only has the coolest name on the island but it quite possibly has the coolest instructors as well. Stephen Cullen, dive instructor extraordinaire by day and master DJ by night, has one of the best attitudes you could ever ask for in a person - he truly made the experience fantastic. DJL goes above and beyond to make diving fun and safe while providing a close knit atmosphere that makes you feel part of their family. Couldn't ask for a better dive experience or trip to Koh Tao for that matter.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

I did my Search & Recovery -course and a couple of fun dives with DJL and couldn’t be happier with the service! They were very friendly and easygoing but at the same time professionals to the bone. Specially my instructor Dan was a very good teacher and we had loads of fun practicing together. Strong recommendation!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2019 via mobile

My brother and I spent the week doing our open water divers course with Noah. He really knew his stuff and went above and beyond to share his knowledge on diving and the Island. He even taught us to make bubble rings underwater. A life skill I'm sure.
The rest of the instructors were also really friendly and DJL as a whole were a great company start to finish.
Would have stayed longer and done another course but ran out of time.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

Honestly can’t recommend DJL Diving enough! The diving centre is very professional, giving all the correct paperwork and qualifications. The whole team are so friendly and the centre is well equipped with everything you need! I did the Open Water Course and my friend did the Advanced and we both had the best time. Also massive shout out to my amazing instructor Dan. Being quite nervous at the beginning he made me feel so relaxed, he was SO knowledgable (knowing Koh Tao diving sites in and out) and just a great friendly guy. Thanks everyone at DJL Diving for an amazing experience I will never forget :)

Date of experience: November 2019