“Amazing experience”
Review of DJL Diving

DJL Diving
Ranked #13 of 92 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Davy Jones Locker (DJL) Diving is a 5 Star PADI CDC Resort located in Sairee Koh Tao, we offer scuba diving courses for every level of experience from beginners 'Discover Scuba Diving' Experiences and PADI Open Water courses right through to Instructor and Staff Instructor courses. We offer 'zero to hero' style Divemaster internships for those wishing to fast-track to PADI Pro level. We do also offer a wide range of Technical and Wreck Diving courses for more advanced divers as well as Power Boat Handling and Underwater Videography courses. DJL has a swimming pool, bar & restaurant along with a wide range of accommodation for all diving customers.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I completed the four day PADI open water course.

The price was very reasonable with all course material, accommodation and a try dive in their own pool included. The fact they have their own pool was another plus as you get to practise the skills required to complete the course, rather than out in the open water.

I had problems with my ears, spoke to one of the divers, back at the shop, after my attempted dives. they knew what my problem was and helped to get it sorted! within the next 24 hours I was diving with no problems at all! On my second attempt they were very cautious with my descent which was very helpful, due to the ear problems before.

My instructor Jo was excellent and very encouraging. I would highly recommend DJL to learn/ try out diving!!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very friendly, amazing diving! ”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Koh Tao has a lot to offer anyone looking to experience some amazing tropical scuba diving in a relaxed setting. Davy Jones Locker Diving is a great center for this and I'd heartily recommend it. It's western run and the staff are very friendly, professional and helpful. I was already qualified before I came and just wanted to relax with some warm water diving for a change from drysuits in England. The fun dives option offered by DJL meant I could cheaply and easily enjoy the various dive sites of Koh Tao, without bothering with training packages and instructor fees. Everything is very flexible and you can dive pretty much whenever you want at short notice since rheir boat goes out twice a day (three times if there's a night dive on!) They also have a bar right next to the dive center where you can meet, socialise and buy very good food throughout the day! They can even sort out accommodation with Silver Sands, right next door to the dive shop. They also run a taxi pick up/drop off service to/from the pier to make the entire trip very easy, something I was very grateful for since I'm travelling alone!
Very good service and value, strongly recommend!
James

“Dive with DJL in Koh Tao”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I did the 4 day open water PADI course with DJL and it was a great experience.

The course was good value for money including accommodation, all the equipment needed to complete the course and a couple of meal vouchers.

Our instructor, Jo, was great, she explained everything really well and was really encouraging. We were in a group of three, the dive school doesnt take groups larger than four in general which is nice as you arent waiting for lots of people to complete their skills, giving you more time to enjoy your dive! It also makes it easier to get individual feedback on how youre doing etc.

The dive school also has its own pool, which is a great place to have a run through and get some practice before you go into the open water, I found this really helped me.

I would definately recommend DJL in Koh Tao, very proffessional and great fun!

Visited November 2013
“Safe diving for first timers! Clear explanations given. All round really good!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Did a discovery course (Day trip). Was really good starter course for those who are new to diving. Small groups, and well looked after! Great experience and plently of sea creatures to see! Julia

“Nice instructor”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Thanks Mike for the amazing dives yesterday. You gonna be a good instructor. He is really friendly and relaxed! Thanks.