“Perfect place to learn to dive with small groups and great instructors”
Review of Master Divers

Master Divers
Ranked #2 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Master Divers is a small, professional PADI 5 star IDC centre on Koh Tao, Thailand, offering dive trips and the full range of recreational PADI scuba diving courses and experience programmes, as well as Technical dive training and Freediving courses . Guided snorkelling trips, UV night diving and UV snorkelling are also available here. Master Divers has a long standing reputation for offering a quality dive experience and maintains a friendly and relaxed environment. They guarantee small groups and offer private guiding and tuition too. Their team of multilingual staff are some of the most experienced on the island making the centre a sought after destination for divers.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having not done any research about dive schools in Koh Tao before arriving, my husband and I are counting our lucky stars that we stumbled into Master Divers on our first evening on the island. We couldn't have picked a better place to complete our 4 day open water SSI course. Before signing up to the course, we were given all the details from equipment to course content without ever feeling pressurised into anything. All groups are kept to a maximum of 4 people to ensure a great and personal experience which when you are in the water surrounded by many groups from other schools is really reassuring. Before going out in the water, we were shown the equipment we would be using and felt very comfortable and well kitted out. Our instructor made us feel really relaxed during the dives and we always felt in good hands. The general vibe of Master Divers is very welcoming and friendly. The staff are very professional and honest whilst clearly enjoying their jobs and making sure everyone is happy and enjoying the experience. We would recommend this dive school without any hesitation and hope to return in the near future. Thanks to everyone at Master Divers!

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thanks for leaving a review - we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I already went diving with Master Divers several times and it was always a great experience. At Master Divers you find super nice, helpful and knowledgable staff, very good equipment, small groups, individualised teaching, a small dive boat …. There’s all you need as an experienced diver or a beginner.
At the beginning of January 2013 I did the two days digital underwater photographer course with Nick which I can highly recommend to anyone who wants to start taking pictures under water or improve their underwater photography skills. Everything was taken care of, Nick showed us how to set up the camera, introduced theory about equipment, the composition of pictures and special tricks for underwater photography. He gave us excellent tips from his own knowledge and experience, evaluated our photos with us after all three dives, answered all our questions patiently (and we were not an easy lot, one being a professional photographer and one being a hobby photographer!).
Thanks to the whole team, to Mark for his excellent navigation skills at Chumpon and to Nick for the two productive and fantastic days on the photo course. Master Divers is the place to be on Koh Tao. I will be back for sure.

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Nick is an awesome photographer and teacher and we are pleased to have him on the team. I have passed on you comments and we look forward to seeing you back again soon !

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Finished my 4 day SSI course yesterday. The staf really have a personal interest and make you feel welcome in koh tao, the world of diving and with Master divers. They make you trust yourself, the equipement and your buddy wit a lot of interest in you and the occassional humor :) but most important with there knowledge of diving and the live in the ocean and how to treat this. With small groups you really get to know your own reaction under water and what to do to make yourself comfortable in a cool new world. It was great.

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Im pleased that you enjoyed your course with us.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Spent 4 days doing our open water certification. We had our own instructor and a trainee instructor so it was pretty much 1 to 1 training. The team was very friendly and the equipment they had was pretty good. These guys aren't the cheapest but I would certainly recommend them. Thanks Simone and Nayumi!

Excellent - Simone and Mayumi - what a team ! Pleased you enjoyed your time with us and thanks for the review !

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I spent almost a week diving with Master Divers this past January and I feel like I can honestly say that they are the best shop on the island. It's a very well organized business with amazing and friendly service, small groups, great DM to diver ratio, and high quality and well maintained rental gear. I did my Tec 40 training with them and I absolutely loved it! I'll definitely be doing more Tec in the future. Thanks to Tomo for the instruction!

MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thanks for leaving a review Nick ! I have passed your comments to Tommo - I know he enjoyed teaching your course too. Let us know if you ever come back around this way.