“Very Professional Dive Centre”
Review of Master Divers

Master Divers
Ranked #2 of 96 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Master Divers is a small, professional PADI 5 star IDC centre on Koh Tao, Thailand, offering dive trips and the full range of PADI scuba diving courses and experience programmes. Guided snorkelling trips, UV night diving and UV snorkelling, as well as Freediving courses are also available here. Master Divers has a long standing reputation for offering a quality dive experience and maintains a friendly and relaxed environment. They guarantee small groups and offer private guiding and tuition too. Their team of multilingual staff are some of the most experienced on the island making the centre a sought after destination for divers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Hong Kong, China
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very Professional Dive Centre”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Although not avid divers, myself and wife have dived with many dive centres around the world and found Master Divers to be one of the most professional we have used anywhere.
We emailed in advance, to which we received a courteous and speedy reply regarding arranging our fun dives. As a result of the initial service we received, we also decided to gain our Nitrox qualification with Master Divers.
Linzi who took us for our fun dives was brilliant, and Mark with whom we obtained our Nitrox qualifications was very thorough and certainly made us feel very qualified whilst also not making the course seem intense, as we were on holiday!
We found everyone to be very friendly and although not the biggest dive concern, we would most certainly recommend their level of courtesy and professionalism to second to none.
Thank you so much for a great couple of days diving.

Visited March 2012
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank-you ! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and your Eanx course too !

• Polish first
Portsmouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Dive Company - Best on the Island”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Cannot speak highly enough of this company. We arrived in Koh Tao and experienced some issues with our accommodation (not booked with Master Divers or any connection to them) and Master divers - particularly Ayesha - were so helpful trying to organise somewhere alternative for us to stay even tough at that time we were not booked to dive with them but had only been in contact with them via email prior to travel.

Having sorted this we organised dives for my husband and booked our son onto a PADI Junior open water course. Adam was our son's instructor and he was extremely professional and thorough in his training.

My husband has dived in many countries with many companies and he said that Master Divers were the most professional he had come across and were extremely safety concious and very well organised.

Our son enjoyed the course so much that he went onto complete his PADI Advanced open water - not bad for a 12 year old.

All at Master Divers could not be more helpful to all of us and when we return to Koh Tao we would definitely return to them for our diving. We were staying a fair way from them on the island and it was certainly worth the walk and having seen some of the other dive operations we most definitely chose the right company. Small and personal is the key.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank SusieSuePortsmouth
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thanks for your kind words! We are happy that we contributed to making your holiday good fun and safe! We look forward to see you back next time !
Auckland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best dive school on the island”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I started out thinking I just wanted to give Scuba a try so would do an introductory PADI Scuba diver course - after 2 days I had had such an awesome time at Master Divers I cancelled my leaving ferry to stay and do a full Open Water course.

I was pretty nervous about learning to dive but was immediately put at ease by Master Divers, everyone from reception to the instructors to the boat captain were friendly, welcoming and made you feel safe.

On the course there were only 2 of us max to our instructor and we took plenty of time starting off and moving through the skills at our own pace. Anything we weren't comfortable with was worked on till we were, which now makes me feel much more confident in the water (even if I hated taking my mask off at the time!). Our instructor Tomo was awesome and made the whole experience hilarious and fun, as well as making you feel 100% safe and looked after. The vibe on the boat (and in the centre) was great and you could easily chat to all the instructors and students over a free hot drink, fruit or biscuit :) The open water dives were mind blowing and we got to see lots of amazing stuff plus the underwater photographer on the last dive means you can have some amazing mementos of your experience.

Since getting home I have joined our local Scuba Diving club and am going to be working towards my advanced qual. Master Divers introduced me to a whole new world literally and I don't think I could have enjoyed my first dive experience more :)

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Jessica D
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thanks for leaving a review! We will pass your comments on to Tomo ! We are pleased you had a great time, sorry we interrupted your travel plans and very happy that you have already continued your diving adventure!
Vancouver
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Wilco - the Yoda of diving and Dan - Skywalker - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I did a fun dive fourteen years ago in Austraila and have never dived since. I always thought I would be too scared and not feel safe. I went to Master Divers thinking ok, I'll just try the open water course. See how it goes, it all started with an email...I was instantly impressed with the high level of professionalism and speedy response. When I entered the shop for the first time it was awesome! They are laid back, professional and not intimidating at all! I felt safe at all times. Our instructor, Wilco, was great, easy to understand and engaging. I took SSI over PADI, I was able to get my card right away since they have an office right on the island. I did the online learning at home the week before I arrived, very easy to follow. Small classes (only three students in my group). I enjoyed myself so much I decided to take the SSI Advanced Adventurer course which included a night dive. I thought it would be scary at night but it was my favourite dive! I am a solo traveler so one of their dive masters, Dan, was my dive buddy, he was awesome! I highly recommend Master Divers - love diving you will!! THANK-YOU!!

1 Thank NoonisGirl
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to write a review and give us some feedback ! Wilco has just read this with me too - so he has seen your comments. We are very pleased that we were able to re introduce you to the world of diving again. Most divers say the same as you about the night dive too - thought it would be scary - but was actually the best dive they did! Keep diving - this is only the start of your underwater adventure!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent instruction, organisation and atmosphere!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I did my open water certification with Master Divers and liked the service there so much that I stayed on to do the advanced course. There are 3 factors which make Master Divers so special:
1. Instruction and small groups. There were only three students in my group. We had the excellent and very experienced Wilco (one of the owners) as our instructor and also the very calm Dan as a trainee instructor. This meant that we were never left alone and always had someone to help. There is nothing worse than an impatient teacher, but I never once felt that Wilco or Dan were frustrated with me, even though I was the most nervous in the group.
2. Organisation. I was amazed at how ordered Master Divers was given that it is a busy medium sized school with lots of students of all levels and many instructors. The boat always left on time, the right equipment was always ready and the instructors always knew what they were doing. As a student this reinforced their professionalism and gave confidence in their ability to teach.
3. Atmosphere. There was no 'us and them' attitude at Master Divers. All the instructors were happy to chat to us even if we were not in their group. I never once felt excluded even though I was a complete beginner. The dive shop itself was a nice place to hang out and you really felt the staff took an interest. This made for a relaxed atmosphere which is really helpful when your feeling nervous.

I tried diving half expecting to hate it and give up, and I was soooo nervous, but under Wilco and Master Divers instruction I feel like a whole new world has opened up to me. We have even changed our travel plans to fit in more diving. I would say to anyone who wants the privilege of seeing under the sea but is scared of the diving process go with Master Divers because they will ease your fears through their professional instruction.

1 Thank AsiaticTraverses
MasterDivers, Owner at Master Divers, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank-you for leaving such a detailed review ! We are happy that you had a great time ...small groups, un-rushed training and a friendly and organized dive centre - we're certainly on the list of things we wanted to create....we work hard to offer the experience that you had so its great for the team to receive recognition for this. Thanks once again and keep diving .....your underwater adventure has just begun !