Well, to be honest I don't usually write comments for any blogs or forums even though I use them for further information. So as most of the other people I found Woodlawn villas on tripadvisor and other forums on German websites. As me and my wife were on our honeymoon I was obviously looking for a nice accomodation. There are top nodge accomodations available at Koh Tao but we decided on purpose to stay at Wooslawn as it offers an authentic place with excellent house keeping and terrific support from Luke and Michelle. Both owners are nothing but lovely people who make a big difference to other high class accomodations around the world. So the following bullets show you the big pros and only very very small cons of Woodlawn villas:
- Price/Benefit ratio
- nicely located (next to a super market, laundry, food etc.) and close to the beach.
- quiet and perfect to enjoy some time together (even for families)
- each bungalow is equipped with a kitchen but food delivery is cheap and goood :)
- cute furnitured
- authentic (what you see on pics is what you really get), you also have somehow the impression of being in the jungel even though this isn't the case
- fantastic housekeeping
Cons (well there are no real cons if you really know what you want):
- is located on a hill which makes it so quiet and nice but might be a bit steep for those who don't rent a scooter or don't take a taxi.
- no spa area or anything like that but just keep in mind woodlawn villas isn't a fancy 5 star location but rather an authentic, nice and clean accomodation.
I can definitely recommend this location. The owners are reliable and lovely people. I wouldn't recommend it if this isn't worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodlawn Villas resort is located in Chalok Baan Khao. Guests can choose from a 240m2 Family Villa with Pool View, two 70m2 Garden Suites, three 36m2 Garden Villas and twelve new 30m2 Superior Double Rooms with Balcony. All accommodation has access to the resort swimming pool, set within two acres of coconut palms, tropical gardens and manicured lawns. Our location is just a minutes walk to the local supermarket, 2 minutes walk to restaurants/cafes, dive shops, yoga, massage, pharmacy and 5 minutes walk to the nearest beach. Each room includes a complete information pack highlighting activities, restaurants and places to visit whilst on the island. The atmosphere at Woodlawn Villas is friendly, fun and relaxing. We look forward to accommodating you on Koh Tao. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Woodlawn Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.