The Place Luxury Boutique Villas
$148
$70
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$47
$42
  • Breakfast included
$33
$32
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
$67
$48
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$186
$166
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$33
$30
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
Hotels.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$49
1,029 results
All reviewsmr bearthought of everythingmobile phoneour honeymoonwelcome basketcomplete privacyprivate poolfiltered watertext messagenespresso machinebarracuda restaurantvilla numbertaxi driverprivate chefentertainment systempre programmed numberssairee beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for 4 nights in May '11 - to celebrate my 30th birthday. My husband had booked this all & I didn't know where we were staying until we arrived in Koh Tao and were met by Guy.
He had booked based upon Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. His words to me were "I didn't think the place could be as good as the reviews said it were" - "it was alot better"!!
The villa's have the perfect setting...close enough but far enough away from the centre. They are really well equipped - so much so that you never have to leave. Extensive selections of films, ipod dock, tv games etc & everything you need to chill out in the sun!

Guy & Bex were fantastic hosts and went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our stay.
We also did a day's diving which they arranged for us.

In summary.....I would love to return to Thailand...and would definitely come back to stay here & would most certainly recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday in the islands!

Guy & Bex - This was the perfect end to our holiday in Asia! Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine_JJ
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I have to say that i really had think about whether or not write this review as part of me wants to keep this magical island, along with 'The Place', just our little secret!

We spent 5 nights at The Place in May of this year. From the moment we stepped off the ferry greeted by a smiley-faced Guy, to our reluctant departure we were swept away by how perfect our getaway was. As we were doing our open-water PADI course we didn't spend too much time in the villa over the first 3 days but we did catch the amazing view from our patio every morning and relaxed in the beautiful room at night. With a big King-sized bed, LCD TV (stacked with movies by the way), comfy sofa area and a somewhat exotic bathroom the villa made our stay very comfortable and relaxing.

Guy and Bex have truly captured the essence of Koh Tao in their stunning villas. Thanks for a wonderful stay guys. We'll be back.....!

2  Thank YaniandNick
Reviewed May 14, 2011

The only bad thing that we can say about The Place is that we couldnt stay longer, unfortunately they were booked up.

Guy and Bex provide a 5 star service and make you feel super special. They have thought of absolutely everything from providing you with your own mobile phone to contact them for anything, you even have your own driver Mr Bear who picks you up and takes you anywhere for about 300 Baht. Make sure you get the Chef from Barracuda to come up and cook for you, yes thats right you can have your own private chef. People on the Island say that he is probably the best on the island so well worth it!!

Also have a private massage, this is beautiful whilst overlooking the amazing island of Koh Tao.

We really could go on about this place but dont want to say too much as others may flock there and I think its much better to keep this a hidden hideaway thats not even visable on maps!!!

Thanks Guy and Bex, we will see you both next year.

2  Thank adamilly
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Its taken me while but i felt like it was only right to wax lyrical about The Place. My missus and I spent 10 days in Villa 1. The Villa is perfect really, the bed was super comfy and the view was something else, the plunge pool was excellent, the tv system..... everything was great. What would make the whole thing that tiny bit better was for some speakers to plug your ipod into so you can listen to your music on the deck!
Koh Tao as an Island is what i wanted from a 10 day break. I particularly liked the cabaret show which showed off the beautiful array of Thai LADIES on the Island. The Island also has great restaurants, lots of things to do....we did a boat trip round the island with snorkelling and cliff jumping and the works. Recommended!
Guy and Bex are super sweet, Guy rang me up to see if we wanted any beers picking up for us because he knew the walk up the hill could be challenging with a crate of beers, little things like that go a long way with me, and that is just one example.
Make sure you rent a scooter and drive up the hill, great fun especially with someone on the back, will you make it? wont you? great fun!
We will be back!
Jon + Hattie

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Baboonery
theplacekohtao, Owner at The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Hi Jon and Hattie

Thank you so much for your fantasitc review. We're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

You'll be glad to hear that we now have an ipod dock in both of our Villas so the next time you come you'll be able to drink those beers with some music!

See you both again soon.

Guy and Bex

Reviewed May 5, 2011

Thanks to Guy and Bex we've had an unforgettable honeymoon at The Place.

Simply everything was fantastic, from the private pool with awesome views, a cosey and huge bed, lovely kitchen to an even more lovely bathroom.

But you not only get lots of privacy, you also get an iphone docking station, a large flat screen TV with an on demand HD box showing the most up to date movies and a private mobile phone in case of any urgent requests. All for free!

Oh and by the way: the pickup from and to the pier is also for free.

Simply put: there was absolutely NOTHING to be not happy about.

Thanks again for an unforgettable stay!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!