“We will be back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Manchester, United Kingdom
“We will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

Its taken me while but i felt like it was only right to wax lyrical about The Place. My missus and I spent 10 days in Villa 1. The Villa is perfect really, the bed was super comfy and the view was something else, the plunge pool was excellent, the tv system..... everything was great. What would make the whole thing that tiny bit better was for some speakers to plug your ipod into so you can listen to your music on the deck!
Koh Tao as an Island is what i wanted from a 10 day break. I particularly liked the cabaret show which showed off the beautiful array of Thai LADIES on the Island. The Island also has great restaurants, lots of things to do....we did a boat trip round the island with snorkelling and cliff jumping and the works. Recommended!
Guy and Bex are super sweet, Guy rang me up to see if we wanted any beers picking up for us because he knew the walk up the hill could be challenging with a crate of beers, little things like that go a long way with me, and that is just one example.
Make sure you rent a scooter and drive up the hill, great fun especially with someone on the back, will you make it? wont you? great fun!
We will be back!
Jon + Hattie

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Baboonery
theplacekohtao, Owner at The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Hi Jon and Hattie

Thank you so much for your fantasitc review. We're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

You'll be glad to hear that we now have an ipod dock in both of our Villas so the next time you come you'll be able to drink those beers with some music!

See you both again soon.

Guy and Bex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Thanks to Guy and Bex we've had an unforgettable honeymoon at The Place.

Simply everything was fantastic, from the private pool with awesome views, a cosey and huge bed, lovely kitchen to an even more lovely bathroom.

But you not only get lots of privacy, you also get an iphone docking station, a large flat screen TV with an on demand HD box showing the most up to date movies and a private mobile phone in case of any urgent requests. All for free!

Oh and by the way: the pickup from and to the pier is also for free.

Simply put: there was absolutely NOTHING to be not happy about.

Thanks again for an unforgettable stay!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tog_20
Hellevoetsluis, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

We were at the Place, Villa 2 in april for 2 nights and it was the best place ever and we travel a lot. Guy & Bex have thinking about everything,the villa was more than completed!!! The first night we call the Indian, they bring us very good food and the 2nd night the private cook Ed was coming and that was perfect, great diner for 2 and later relaxing with dessert in your own swimmingpool. We wish we had a house like that, we say to everybody, go if you can and than enjoy the Place!! Thx a lot Guy & Bex, your a lovely couple, with fantastic ideas, we love it. If we come back to Thailand, we sure come to you at least 2 nights or more....and we say it to all our friends, the first thing they ask when we arrived at Holland, 'how was the Place..... You know the answer, GREAT!!!

1 Thank Bianci31
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

There are several things that make The Place as wonderful as it is.
Firstly, there's that view. You never get tired of looking at it and every evening is a different sunset.
Secondly the villas themselves. Thoughtfully designed and built ensuring that everything you could possibly want in a home away from is there whilst still feeling very Thai and blended with the surrounding environment.
But thirdly, and most importantly are the people who run it. Guy and Bex offer exactly the right amount of personal attention. Never intrusive but always available with a "can do" or "not a problem" attitude.
We were supposed to go down during the time of the recent floods but Guy was on hand with daily developments as to how things were and let us know when it was worth heading down.
My partner and I spent 2 weeks here and it wasn't enough.
Far and away one of the best places I've stayed in the WORLD let alone in Thailand. I wouldn't bother even looking anywhere else if your headed to Koh Tao. It has the perfect blend of luxurious environs with that personal touch you so rarely get nowadays.
Don't delay - book it! You won't regret it.

1 Thank Fusspot-Travel-Junky
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

A truly unique PLACE! Tranquil, beautiful and has all the ingredients for an utterly relaxing stay in paradise. Leave all your troubles at home and just relax! It is hard to say which view is best.... from the pool, the loungers, the bed or the breakfast bar. Having visited Koh Tao on a number of occasions I'd say they are TRUELY unbeatable views. Well done Guy and Bex for planning, designing and executing such a fantastic product. Every little detail has been so carefully thought through - Book now because this is a PLACE to fight over - the word is on the beach! Get in quick! See you both very soon!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank misshmarshall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Our trip to Koh Tao was split between 2 accommodation's the second being The Place & what a treat it was! My boyfriend & I were picked up buy Guy & taken up to the villa where we had a hamper full of treat waiting for us.

We stayed in Villa 2 which was amazing, very clean & secluded away from the hustle & bustle of sairee. The villa is a 10 minute walk to sairee beach or a 2 min cab ride at night which will cost around 200-300 thb.

Everything has been thought through from all information about the island & what to see & do to even having your own chef come up & cook a romantic meal for you. If you like me want to chill & enjoy the seclusion of the villa then Guy & Bex have provided a great selection of take away menus form restaurants from sairee....yum! There is also a tv with a massive selection of movies & series to get stuck into if the weather turns a little grim.

Overall our stay here was amazing & would thoroughly recommend to all. Guy & Bex have thought of everything & are happy to help in any way to make your stay fabulous!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Suebyclarke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

Although a seasoned traveller, as a single, older lady, travelling alone, I was looking for somewhere to stay that would give me my own private space but within call of assistance if I needed it, be close enough to shop, restaurants and the sea if I chose to go out, together with ample helpings of luxury. The Place gave me all this and more.
From the moment that I started the booking process Guy and Bex were extremely helpful and very patient. I had already been staying on Samuii for a few days so decided to take the private speedboat to Koh Tao which was a little more expensive but was a shorter journey. Guy and Bex were waiting at the pier for me when I arrived together with a taxi driver who whisked me and my luggage straight to the villa which was about a 10 minute drive along the coast road and then up into the hills. Guy had ridden off on his motorbike after greeting me and was waiting for me at the villa. I understand that the grounds are a work in progress but the path to the villa led through newly planted and existing tropical plants and trees with views of incredible boulders that formed part of the natural scenery - it was beautiful.
Stairs up to the villa brought me straight onto the deck area with my own infinity plunge pool. I was on the top of the tree line with views straight out to sea. Whilst I took in the view Guy opened up the folding glass doors of the villa to reveal an enormous bed that would also give me the same magical view. Guy then gave me a very comprehensive tour of the villa which included a luxury bathroom with what appeared to be an open air shower but in fact had a glass roof, a well equipped kitchen with a welcome hamper and a seating area with a flat screen television and an amazing entertainment system with hundreds of preloaded music and films. A phone was left for my use which had a small credit and pre programmed numbers so that I could call either Guy or Bex if I needed to. The welcome folder contained everything that Guy had told me on arrival (just in case I had forgotten anything) and also some take away menus from some local restaurants so that I really didn't need to leave the villa if I didn't want to.
My days were mostly spent reading, writing and relaxing whilst watching the birds and butterflies fly past at eye level. One night I invited some friends to join me for the most amazing fish supper, the ingredients of which were brought by the chef who then cooked them for us in our own kitchen and then served them up by candlelight at the table round the pool. One day I walked down to Sairee beach which was a very pleasant 10 minute walk but I couldn't wait to get back to my villa with its calming atmosphere, incredible views, infinity pool and total privacy, giving a sense of utter calm.
The Place was everything I hoped it would be and more - I can't wait to return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple