“Good diving and good prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sairee Cottage Resort

Sairee Cottage Resort
Ranked #5 of 135 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good diving and good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We have stayed at the Sairee Cottage 3 years in a row, when in Koh Tao. My husband took his diving cert June 2011. The instructor, diving and location were great.

The prices are good especially if you combine diving cert. The cottages are basic with hot water, fridge, tv and aircon or fan. One year we stayed in a cottage right on the beach and we didn't need aircon due to the breeze. It was a bit noisy though so maybe a cottage further in is more advisable.

Good bar/reastaurant which is right on the beach.
The staff in both the restaurant and reception are very friendly and give good service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We didn't stay at Sairee Cottage so I can't comment on the accommodation. However, we did our PADI Open Water course here which I really enjoyed. Our instructor was pretty excellent and all the other instructors / dive masters were really friendly, knowledgeable and helpful too.

Sairee Cottage definitely has a good vibe about it!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Ban Ko Tao, Chumphon, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

My boyfriend and me took SSI Open Water course and we had a great experience..the classroom was really cool and we had our first practice in the sea and not in the swimming pool which is great...our instructor was really good and friendly and we had a lot of fun...we got 5 nights free in the basic bungalows, which are quite ok and are set in a beautiful garden 15m from the beach...the restaurant serves excellent food for a very decent price....the only thing we didn't like was the fact that after we finished the course we wanted to chill out for a couple of days before we went diving again, but our bungalow was soon "booked...however this is a diving oriented island and I would say most if not all diving places work like that...and yes, as someone already mentioned the girl at the reception is really rude and wouldn't even let us leave our backpacks at the reception for a couple of hours until we find new accommodation....but other than these minor inconveniences I would definitely recommend the place :)

Santa Barbara, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at Sairee for 5 nights and booked a bungalow along with an SSI Open Water Course for the first week of our honeymoon. The bungalow was nice- very basic with hot water and AC but with a comfortable bed and nice porch- it was well worth the 800 THB/night discounted rate we received. It was quiet clean and comfortable- the property was well maintained and the dive shop and school were brand new- all in a great location in Koh Tao walking distance from the night life and restaurants. The Sairee Cottage restaurant had recently been remodeled and the food and service were excellent- it was one of the nicest places on the beach for a drink or meal! Looking at other dive resorts on the islands... Sairee offers the best of the best and at great rates.

The SSI course was a great experience as well. We got lucky with a class of 4 and great instructor... and even had 3 Dive Masters go out with us for our first confined dive. The entire crew at Sairee were really helpful and positive and took us on some great dives... although the visibility conditions weren't always the best since it was storming a bit. I got to dive with my husband for my final 2 dives and we brought home a great video and lots of great memories.

I would highly recommend Sairee to anyone visiting Koh Tao... whether for diving or just a few days on the island for snorkling, massage, and relaxation.

montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

First of all, the diving there is very nice, the teacher I had was very nice too. But thats about it. We rented a room for 1700 bath a night and ended with 1700 mosquito bites a night. All jokes aside, I had 100 bites and my girlfriend at least 50. It is ridiculous. Couple of days we didnt get any hot water and front desk girl is rude. Im not someone who complain about hotels, but for me to have a hard problem to get hot water, getting bite 100 times by mosquito and having to deal with a rude receptionist, doesnt make me feel like going back at all. If it wasnt from the diving, my rating would be at Terrible. Im in another part of Thailand right now trying to recover from all those mosquito bites lol. Im sure you can find a good diving staff anywhere else at the same price with better quality.

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Booked 3 bungalows here for a group trip right after the new year. They were all nice, basic bungalows in a beautiful garden setting, just off the main "yellow brick road" in Sairee Village. Half our group did certifications and half did try dives and everyone has great experiences thanks to the dive staff that went out of their way to make sure we had a good time.

My partner and I were even lucky enough to have Sarah take us out for essentially private instruction which was a really nice way to get our Open Water Certification as she was a friendly & patient instructor and laughed at all of my stupid jokes. My partner unfortunately fell ill towards the end of the process and was unable to finish, however Sarah wrote her a detailed referral that she can take to a dive school further along in our travels without having to start from scratch.

All in all, an awesome experience and would recommend to anyone looking to dive for their first time or get a PADI or SSI certification while in beautiful Koh Tao.

Room Tip: Garden bungalows are cheaper, beautiful setting, and removed from the main road, so there is no nois...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mikeswisher
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I booked my stay here in Koh Phangnan and payed 9000 Baht (approx 180 english) and got a ferry over to Koh Tao, taxi to/from piers, Fan bungalow (basic but very clean and in great location) and an PADI open water course. Unbeatable value in my opinion.
Scuba group was a little big (6 people - although they would of done it with only four of us had we asked), and visibility was poor (3-5 meters) but instructor Neil was the perfect dude to learn how to dive with, I wish I had time to do my advance divers while I was there.
My girlfriend could not finish the course and was only charged for what she done, which I thought was very nice of them and just shows the friendly nature of the resort.

Room Tip: Backpackers will be more than fine in a fan bungalow, if you are on holiday, maybe look into paying...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple