“A Little Paradise”

Ranked #5 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Dublin, Ireland
“A Little Paradise”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Of all the places i've been, Sairee Cottage in Koh Tao is the one place i would go back to over and over again. The people were nothing but friendly, helpful and professional when i was there. They always went out of there way to accommodate you and i always felt completely safe and comfortable. I would recommend anyone who travels to Koh Tao to stay in Sairee Cottage. It is little paradise, a true home away from home!!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisam992000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed here with friends back in May and loved every minute of it. All of the staff were really friendly and always helped out with anything that myself or my friends needed.

I train a lot for the sport that I'm in and food is a big thing for me as I usually eat 5 or 6 times a day. The food in the restaurant was beautiful and never disappointed, make sure you check out the BBQ in the evenings!

The bugalows were comfortable, cheap and well located. The diving was amazing!

I would highly recommend Sairee Cottage to anybody travelling to Koh Tao.

1 Thank pobrien84
Reviewed June 15, 2011

every year I return to Sairee cottage is a pleasure. the staff are all so nice. location is perfect. nice and chilled and only 2 minutes from the centre. the food is lovely. no complaints there.
all the diving I've done has been excellent with Sairee. all the lads are sound and have plenty of experience which makes you feel comfortable in the water
the only complaint I have is that there's no Sairee cottage in Dublin, Ireland :) cya soon sairee

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank BBB_Keith
Surat Thani, Thailand
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Ive been to thailand on many trips for the past 5 years but my favourite place of all of them is sairee cottage.The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and will go the extra mile for all guests and i have never seen any of the staff without a smile.They have accomadation to suit all budgets and the food,drink and athmosphere is defintely the best on the island.
The dive shop staff are very encouraging and patient with even the most nervous of divers,i know this because i was one of them and cant imagine i would of completed my open water without them.
I would highly recommend sairee cottage to any one,no matter what kind of holiday they are looking for.Im already planning my next trip over.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank 186605Sineadw
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Dan gord and the boys at the sairee diving school were amazing. Fun, safe, and good times. Best place on koh tao

• Stayed May 2011
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Myself and two friends stayed here in May for three nights after finding this accommodation in the lonely planet.
As the temperature at this time was 30+ degrees we choose an air con room. However we realised very quickly the air con didn't work. When we reported this to the reception their attitude was horrendous and they treated us like we were a massive hassle to them.

After sending someone to look at the air con (the handy man was very nice) they explained there was some kind of fault with all of the air con units and they don't actually ever get very cold.

When we asked one lady to come and have a look at the air con with us (as she wouldn't believe there was a problem) she started slamming things around, shouting things in Thai in her office and stomped out to our cottage.

WE WERE THE CUSTOMERS and did not deserve this attitude!

If you stay here just get a fan room as there is no point in paying more for air con.

There is absolutely no customer service what so ever and I would definitely never stay here again.

3 Thank Marchy85
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 23, 2011

After originally having planned to stay 3 days we decided to extend our stay at sairee cottage for over 10 days. The location is perfect, quiet, beautifull, close to everything and the staff has been great. Bungalows are comfortable, cheap and well located, and the restaurant has the best view in town. After experiencing our first dive with Mee and Clay we became addicted to diving and decided to pass the PADI as well as the advanced PADI. I definitly recommend Kho Tao and Sairee cottage in particular, I will remember it as our highlight of out trip in South East Asia!