“Amazing Times”
Review of Simple Life Divers

Simple Life Divers
Ranked #10 of 93 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Small to medium dive school offering all courses from beginner to Professional. We have 2 well equipped dive boats and great on site facilities including custom built pool for diver training as well as bar and restaurant facilities. We can also offer a range of accommodations ranging from dorm beds to private sea view bungalows.
Vancouver Island, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Times”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Diving with Simple Life was an awesome experience. I showed up in Koh Tao planning on fitting in 15 dives in just over a week, and instead ended up doing 46 dives in around 3 weeks. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly right from the start and made even the shop a fun place to be. The equipment was up to date and in great condition.. a lot better than some of the other shops I've come across in my travels through SEA.The Simple Life boat was full of fun and laughter between dives along with an endless supply of highly addictive biscuits and coffee. Our Dive Master James was incredibly knowledgeable about every site, (there are a lot of them) and set a nice mellow pace throughout each dive. He was great at pointing even the coolest little creatures out, no matter how well they tried to hide.

I highly recommend diving with Simple Life. It's a great "family" feel, and you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank ShaunSalmond

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Dive Shop”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I came to Koh Tao with a friend planning on spending 4 days diving. After the 4 days was up I didn't want to leave - so with the support of the dive shop finding me long term accommodation at very short notice, offering me places to stay until they found somewhere suitable, I stayed for a further 3 months and did my dive master certification! Definitely the best decision I have made!

I've dived on Koh Tao plenty of times over the past ten years and can honestly say that Simple Life is by far the friendliest and welcoming dive shop on the island. Made a lot of close friends and had an awesome time every day.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TrimHall
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Time Well Spent”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When I started looking to renew my diving experience (first time in 12 years), I started by e-mailing different dive shops on Koh Tao, the only one to reply was Gary of Simple Life. He answered all my questions and more, giving me bits of advice and tips, in a clear and speedy response. This helped me budget for my trip as well as knowing how to travel around Thailand, all this making for a very simple and enjoyable journey to the south of Thailand and Koh Tao.
Upon getting to Koh Tao and then a short taxi journey to the dive shop, I was made to feel extremely welcome. All the staff where helpful and polite, giving me advice that as it had been such a long time since I last dived, then I needed to do a scuba review (which was defiantly needed, as my skills where very rusty).
When I did my review, I was with Instructor Tim. He was very patient and calm, always there to point me in the right direction and giving little helpful hints and tips. With his help and guidance I did my review and was then on my way to becoming and advance open water diver. My advance consisted of 5 dives – buoyancy control, navigation, deep (30m), wreck (an old American WW2 boat) and a night dive. Each dive helping me to improve becoming a better diver and making me love and respect the ocean once again.
I then decided to do my Rescue Diver course, for this I had a new Instructor named Steve and his 2 assistance, Tim (DMT) and Julie (DMT). This was definitely my favourite course, under Steve’s tutelage I learnt how to deal with divers in all different manners of distress as well as how to find and rescue a missing diver. An excellent experience.
I then decided to do some fun dives; this allowed me to meet more of the dive shop staff, including James the shop Dive Master who took me on my great fun dives.
I am now looking at doing my Dive Masters with the shop, as my experience so far is everything I could have asked for.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Rich_t2
Beijing, Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Diving, made stress-free and fun!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My two friends and I were recommended to Simple Life Divers by another friend. We came to do our Open Water and stayed on to complete our Advanced Open Water. From start to finish, everything was straightforward, fun, clearly explained to us, and - overall - excellent value for money. Each of us came with different concerns and faced distinct challenges during the courses (equalising, mask-clearing, stings, etc.) but our instructor, Tim, was eternally patient and considerate and really took the time to talk us through every step of the way. He made us feel safe at all times and built our underwater confidence in just a few days. Another refreshing thing about Simple Life Divers was that they were never pushy - the option of continuing on to our Advanced, for example, was offered without any pressure and then the decision was entirely up to us.

Somewhat confusingly, Simple Life Divers is located in Wind Beach Resort, NOT in Simple Life Resort. If you choose to stay at Wind Beach Resort (as Simple Life Divers offers a package deal for diving and room at Wind Beach Resort), keep in mind that the accommodation (we had a fan room) was pretty basic and the housekeeping and front desk service were not the best. We did have several cockroach and ant encounters, a back door that kept mysteriously unlocking, as well as quite loud noise at night from the nearby discos. But, that said, it was very affordable and, honestly, if you're going for the diving you only need a room to sleep in.

1 Thank Plunkessence
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Same same, no different..”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I chose Simple Life Divers based on the numerous positive reviews. I had been to Ko Tao several times before and I was aware of the big diving industry on the island. I had hoped that this dive shop was different. However, I was rather disappointed. Diving with Simple Life Divers is the same mass processing like diving with many other dive shops on the island. They don’t really seem to care about you, at least not after you have paid for your dives. The facilities are basic, the equipment rather old and badly maintained and the instructors/dive masters just do their job, but nothing more. Overall, I had the feeling that they focus more on training their prospective dive masters than taking care of paying customers. At the end of the day it all depends on your standards and expectations. If they are not very high, you will be fine with Simple Life Divers. If you expect a bit more, you rather search for a good dive shop on the island (and please let me know if you have found one..).