“Varied menu with good service”
Review of cafe del sol

cafe del sol
Ranked #21 of 181 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: cafe del sol is the first french restaurant since 1999 in koh tao. Pizzas, steaks and grilled fish specialities, Cafe del sol is well recognized for its excellent food. It's a hot spot for gourmet lovers from around the globe, Cafe del sol is an earthly paradise of pleasure and taste. The french/italian chef puts his 20 years of experience at your service at reasonable prices.
“Varied menu with good service”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I had a tomato bruschetta and spaguettis allarabiata. Both were good. Lots of garlic but I like it. Efficient service. French fries looked and tasted industrial though and the place somehow lacked spirit (I went twice and felt the same).

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Very good”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I usually like to eat in different restaurant when I am on vacation. But as Ele & Ela became my favourite in Carvoeiro, Portugal, so became La Dolce Vita my favourite from Koh Tao. We ate there almost every evening. Even when we decided in the hotel room to go somewhere else, we ended in this restaurant. The food smells better, the restaurant is always full, the waiters are friendly (with people and also with the kittens which are walking around). And everything we ordered was tasteful. Oh, I must also mention their smoothies. Absolutely delicious.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Shameful”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Went to this restaurant as it looked busy and popular. Once we had our order taken we received our entree 1.5 hours later and then the mains came 20 minutes after that. I was absolutely outraged, furthermore the food was horrible and did not get our order correct. Massive disappointment.
They also had a stray cat roaming around and it jumped on my partners leg to get to his fish main. The cat also scratched him and the waiter laughed it off.
I will never go there again.

“The best burger and fries so far”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been eating burgers from a couple of places in Thailand, but this one has been the best so far! :) The fries were crispy, the bun were soft and the meat weren't dry as many other places. But the burgers at home are far better than the rest. :)

State of Bremen, Germany
“good place to eat”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

English speaking staff, good service and delicious food.Good value! I´d recommend this place to everyone and would eat here again!

Visited June 2014