“Accomodating”
Review of cafe del sol

cafe del sol
Ranked #20 of 191 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: cafe del sol is the first french restaurant since 1999 in koh tao. Pizzas, steaks and grilled fish specialities, Cafe del sol is well recognized for its excellent food. It's a hot spot for gourmet lovers from around the globe, Cafe del sol is an earthly paradise of pleasure and taste. The french/italian chef puts his 20 years of experience at your service at reasonable prices.
London, United Kingdom
“Accomodating”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was very impressed, they made me a vegetarian pizza with no cheese on it and it was superb! Tried a lot of the veggie stuff and it was all very tasty and decent portion size.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good for Some western food”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had lunch there was good, awesome collection of juices and smoothies.
Pizza was a bit undercooked or not so western.
But worth a place for any pastas and sandwiches.

Visited June 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not one good thing to say about the place....”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here as it was recommended to us in our hotel handbook, it said 'excellent food, excellent service' so we decided to give it a go. Also there aren't too many restaurants near the pier... My girlfriend ordered a vanilla milkshake and they bought her banana but we just let it go because their English was poor. Then she ordered chicken and chips, probably the most basic thing to order and they bought it out with mash. When we told them they had got it wrong they accused us of being in the wrong and eventually took it back with an attitude. She eventually got it back cold with chips after I had finished my meal. Both our meals were disgusting and flavourless and for what it was, very over priced. There was also ridiculously loud building works going on in the restaurant which made it very unbearable.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Cupcake1210
robertoKohTao, Propriétaire at cafe del sol, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
hello,
I appreciate your comment and thank you let me know so I can Still improve the service and quality of my restaurant.
in future please contact the manager
to settle the problem immediately than post a comment.
99% of my clients are very happy to eat here and it is not always easy to find perfect staff speaking english same you as in a small island like Koh Tao
please accept my apologies
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Best in Koh Tao”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went to this cafe while on holiday in Koh Tao. I ordered some spaghetti and a seafood pizza for my wife. The pizza was amazing, best in Thailand, and the spaghetti was top notch too. The waiter was extreemly curteous and bought us some appetiser. i even noted that the toilets were clean, which is always a nice change in Thailand. Overall my experience at this restaurant was excellent and I will invite my friends there in the future.

• Visited May 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Expensive but tasty”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is not cheap but it does have some good food. I recommend the vegetarian salad and the vegetarian pizza. Free wifi also.

• Visited May 2013