“Great Times with Goodtime”

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #12 of 92 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Times with Goodtime”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I only did 1 dive with Goodtime Adventures, but it was great. I signed up for a UV night dive and was totally blown away by the experience. Matty was my dive master and I was really impressed by him. The dive lasted about an hour (we were at Japanese Gardens and you don't move around all that much during the dive). I had trouble equalizing while descending and was ready to swim back to the boat but he was extremely patient with me and saved my dive by talking me through it. I'm super appreciative for this even over a month later.

UV night diving is mind blowing. I highly recommend it. Goodtime staff are phenomenal - most chilled on the island IMO and very politely asked about my level of diving experience, in particular night diving experience. I think I was around 20 dives (I had my PADI AOW certification), only 3 of them being night dives. I will say, even if you're comfortable diving at night, diving with UV lights is a different experience. Your visibility, in particular peripheral visibility is really limited as the torches really only help you see what's directly in front of you and have limited range (so you need to be close). I dive with prescription lenses in my mask and I was happy that the filters fit over your mask.

It's a pretty profound experience. You minimize your movement in the water in order to get as close as possible to the UV reactive corals and sea creatures. If you flounder in the water, this may be a tough dive for you - buoyancy control is critical here.

I can't say enough about this. I've never seen a photo that does it justice, it really is one of the coolest things I've ever done underwater, and I'm really happy that I signed up to dive with Goodtime.

Visited August 2013
Linziland, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello, and thanks so much for your excellent feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your UV dive so much, and we agree - it is pretty mind blowing! Thanks for your honesty about buoyancy control, it is important to us that all of our divers feel safe and comfortable on their diving experiences with us - and as you point out not something that is easy to describe to those who have not been, so its something we always stress in the sign up procedures.

I will make sure your kind comments get passed on to Matty, he is a very patient dive leader and an asset to the Goodtimes crew. We're very glad you were able to overcome your equalisation problems and enjoy your disco dive to the full extent.

Thanks once again, and we hope to see you back on our boat on future visits to Koh Tao.

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lives up to it's name”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Me and a friend took our beginner level rock climbing course with Goodtimes and loved it, Danny our instructor was very professional and experienced, and we felt very safe at all times. The shop is pretty small so you get a very friendly personnel service, Linzi the quiet shy shopgirl was very helpful and informative throughout along with every other member of staff.
Overall a great time and we will be heading back asap.

Visited September 2013
SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks for your great review. We're delighted you had a blast learning the ropes in climbing with Danny, I'll pass on your kind comments to him. We try hard to ensure that everyone has the best experience with us, of course not at the expense of safety which is our number one priority, as you pointed out. We're looking forward to seeing you back here again soon.

Just one thing though.... "quiet shy" Linzi? Have we met the same person?!
Happy climbing!
Bangkok, Thailand
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Fun, innovative, and highly professional with genuinely friendly crew”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Took the UV night snorkelling trip with Goodtime and it was awesome. Right from the start we felt comfortable and welcome and in safe professional hands. The guys n girls at Goodtime seem to enjoy their job and appear genuinely interested in making sure the guests have a fantastic experience. Swimming around in the pitch black armed only with a UV torch sounded a bit scary at first but in reality it was really relaxing. Had the opportunity to see the underwater world in a spectacular new way. And Dan, our guide, was really attentive and helpful, you can be totally confident with him.

Goodtime is a place where the people are cool, but without the cliquey attitude of some of the other 'cool people' on the island. Great place, drop in n ask them what they have going on!

Visited September 2013
Linziland, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Wow, thanks for such a positive and complimentary review, we're delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us so much. Its always been our mission to provide a fun and friendly service, whilst maintaining the integrity of our safety and standards, so we're happy to hear we hit the mark. Our staff are all, as you quite rightly pointed out, very passionate and enthusiastic in their work, and we love them for it. We're very proud of the team we have here, and we're lucky to have each and every one of them.

I will make sure your kind comments get passed on to Dan, and we wish you a pleasant stay for the rest of your time on Koh Tao. Many thanks again, and we hope to see you back here at Goodtime Adventures on your next visit.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing diving and amazing staff!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We came to Koh Tao for two things, our honeymoon and diving. thanks to the amazing guys at GT adventures they ticked off our second task perfectly!

We visited them on two occasions, the first day for the cliff jumping which was wicked and well worth doing and the second day was to do our refresher diver course and a fun dive.

Both of the days were brilliant, however the top two things were
1. Being lucky enough to see some reef sharks whilst snorkelling on the first day
2. The amazing dive spots they took us too, one of which he is the only company that goes to (ask to go to the cliff jumping dive spot!)!

Hats off to Tim and Charly, they run a wicked dive shop. Tim took us out both days and he is a really good guy that makes you feel like you have known him for years straight away.

Also thanks to our dive instructor from Florida (sorry names escapes us), it was just us three and he took us around some amazing places!

We will be going back as soon as we get the chance to step foot on Koh Tao again.

Oh and if you have a chance get their massive burger at the dive shop, one of the best burgers we have ever had in our lives!

Scott & Rose

Visited September 2013
Linziland, Owner at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we really appreciate your feedback. We are very happy you had such an excellent time with us. We love the fun and friendly vibe that our staff create on all our adventure and dive trips, and are proud to operate differently to the other dive centres here on the island, keeping groups as small as possible and avoid all the other dive boats, varying our dive sites and offsetting our schedule so we see the most marine life and the least number of other divers on our courses and fun dives! We are particularly proud of the passion and work ethic of all of our staff - from the owners and managers down to our cafe and freelance staff. Without the combined efforts of the whole team Goodtimes would be a very different place!

I will make sure your kind comments get passed along to Tim, Charly and Ben, who was your Floridian divemaster. Thanks once again for taking the time to review us, we are glad we were able to make the diving part of your honeymoon as enjoyable as possible. We hope the rest of your holiday was equally excellent, and wish you safe travels and happy diving on your onward journey.
Paris, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great diving school!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We did 10 fun dives and really enjoyed it. The staff was professionnal and very friendly. The little speed boat can not take more than 2 groups of divers. Once we even were just the two of us with our dive master! When you see other boats with 5 groups on board (=20 students + 5 dive masters), you really enjoy the privacy atmosphere. The restaurant is also perfect to take a drink or eat especially at the end of the day, simply enjoying the beautiful sunset.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank finou245
SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello, and thanks so much for your positive review. We are very antisocial divers and completely agree with you - the less other boats and people we see at the dive sites the better! That's really what fuels our business model - small groups, small boats and off set dive times to avoid the crowds, and of course allow you a bit more sleep by making our departures later than all the other dive centres! We are happy you stuck around after your dives to sample our cafe food and bar, and are welcome back anytime. You were both a pleasure to take diving, and we hope to see you back on Koh Tao again one day soon.