“SPEED BOAT DIVING...EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #11 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Busan, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“SPEED BOAT DIVING...EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

On our last day in Koh Tao, my girlfriend and I wanted to do one last dive in the beautiful waters Koh Tao has to offer. She did her Open Water at Big Water and I did a few fun dives with them as well. Big Blue was a decent operation as it provided a lot of structure and routine to the dives. But since we only had one more day, we wanted a more personal experience considering it was our last day to enjoy. We were prowling the area the evening before our last day and getting quotes and basic info from every dive shop on the beach. Most were the same deal and price until we stopped into GOOD TIME ADVENTURES...Good Time had a different vibe straight away and for good reason. Although they obviously offered diving they provided an array of other services as well (rock climbing, jet skiing, hiking, wake boarding etc). Their diving was a bit different too, as it was via SPEED BOAT. I have never dove by speed boat and the coast different was nominal so we were sold. We throw down a reasonable deposit (50%) and we were all scheduled to come back in around 9am (super reasonable time). This was another HUGE selling point, not having to waking up at 6am and dive with the hoards of others schools. We were told that because of the later start we would have the ocean to ourselves, which was for the most part correct:)

We were a little lucky and my girlfriend and I were the only divers. So it was me, my gf, the DM and the boat captain for the 2 dives starting around 9am. This was another awesome aspect of diving with them (the small/private groups).

I will spare any reader the details of the specific dive, but it was great diving and the staff and DM and Captain were great. We were able to basically choose which dive site we wanted and they were very accommodating and chilled with the whole process.

I'd HIGHLY suggest doing a speed boat dive, and the price Good Time offers compared to a resort speed boat is fantastic.

Overall A+

1 Thank dcaredman
SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. We are very proud to do things differently to the rest of the dive tribe, so we're glad you appreciated our small boat, group sizes and offset dive times. We're very antisocial when we dive - more fish and less other divers is the way we like it best! I'l make sure your comments get passed on to your DM and boat captain. Thanks again and enjoy your onward travels. We hope to see you back here for more adventures of the goodtime variety soon!

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Munich, Bayern, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I'm glad that I chose Goodtime Adventures to do my Open Water License. It was a great experience, with a good academical education and awesome dives. I had a lot of fun with my teacher Dennis :-)

1 Thank StefanMenzel
SaraW246, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hi Stefan, and thanks for leaving such a nice review. I will make sure your kind comments get passed on to Dennis. Enjoy your onward travels, we hope to see you back at Goodtime Adventures soon for your advanced certification :)
“Many adventures all rolled into one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Had a great afternoon trekking through the jungle, cliff diving, a speedboat ride and amazing snorkeling. I didn't expect to see so many species of coral and fish without going diving.

I would highly recommend this trip. Even if you don't have a great head for heights you can choose which jumps to do. And it's great to do two activities in one trip. Great staff, too!

Visited July 2013
Charly S, General Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks or your fantastic review of our 'Jump into Jaws' trip, its good to hear you enjoyed it. Its one of our favourites too, with so many fun activities packed into the one adventure. And I agree, we're lucky to have such amazing marine life on our doorstep. Hopefully next time you will have more time to fit in some dives so we can get you an even closer look!
Windsor
“Excellent scuba diving trip...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Brilliant divemaster (safe, fun and thorough) and a company that make the extra effort to get great diving for you. At the higher end of the price scale in Koh Tao but very very good value and in the grand scheme of things probably only a few hundred baht different to anyone else over a package of dives so well worth it (we were doing fun dives as both have AOW PADI licenses).

Varying sites depending on where you've dived before and only taking small groups (4 of us diving with one dive master only) which means they can take you to sites where others aren't & further away if wanted. They also use a couple of lovely speed boats rather than hideous big dive boats.

We dived with one of the large companies before them (Ban's) and had a much worse experience.

Also worth noting they also offer round the island adventure trips - we didn't have enough time but they looked awesome.

Visited July 2013
Charly S, General Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi Hannah, and thanks for taking the time to write such a complimentary review. We've always had a strong focus on small groups and personalised service, with flexibility on dive sites and itineraries. This allows our customers to get the best possible experience rather than just feeling like another number on the boat list! We're happy you enjoyed your dives with us, and hope you will make it back here one day for the adventures you did not have time for on this trip. Until then, safe travels - and good luck staying dry in Burma!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Extraordinary experience diving with the Goodtimes crew! Laidback and very fun, but still a high focus on safety. Excellent instructor (Matt)!

2 Thank phunkris
Thanks for your review, I will make sure your comments get back to Matt. We hope you will manage to make it back here for more goodtime adventures soon. Happy diving in the meantime!