“We would recommend Goodtime adventure to anyone who wants to learn diving and have a fun time, and here is why”

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #12 of 96 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My buddy and I did the SSI open water course with Goodtime Adventures just a few days ago, and we absolutely loved it because

1. People there really want to make sure that you enjoy learning scuba diving

They did not rush us because we were on a tight schedule. Instead, our DM Matty encouraged us to take our time and made us repeat the skills until we became very comfortable with it. He even went as far as rescheduling one of our dives so that we can have a full length dive instead of being rushed through a short dive because others finished before us.

2. It is not just about scuba diving; it is also about having a good time.

Hanging out with everyone at GTA is one of the things I really enjoyed on Ko Tao. People there are so chill it really loosened us city boys as well. We had a really good time just chatting with people after dives.

3. Small class and qualified DMs

That's another thing I really liked. Although there are plenty schools offer small classes, you still go on to a boat with whole bunch of people so it gets quite crowded while diving. At GTA they have a small speedboat so they can avoid times when other diving schools occupy the dive site. On the other hand, they usually take 3 groups of 2-4 students each with their own diving masters so you can really be at peace and enjoy diving.

There are also other things we can say for example Matty chased us down multiple times and gave us our diving log because we kept forgetting it, and Charly helped us hooking up with scooters and etc. So yeah, if GTA can keep up to their tradition and philosophy then I can confidently tell you that you need to look no further.

Tony

Visited May 2013
Timsahb, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello there, and thanks for such a glowing review, I'l make sure your comments get passed on to Matt. We're happy you had such a good time with us. We're very proud to run a bit differently to most other scuba shops on the island. Small groups have always been our favoured way to teach, it really helps you get the most out of your time with us. You guys fit into the shop really well, and were a pleasure to spend time with both on the boat and back on dry land - and the fact you embraced our chili wings makes you even cooler (or should that be hotter?!) in our books! We hope to see you back here for your advenced certification soon :)

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome people, awesome diving”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friend and I wanted to learn diving during our short 3.5 days stay in Koh Tao. Our plan was to complete our Open Water Diving in as short of a time period as possible so we can have a couple of days to check out the island and just relax a bit. Unfortunately, most of the diving schools on the island organizes their courses in big groups and was not ready to accommodate our schedule. Luckily, we stumbled upon Goodtime Adventures. We were able to obtain an instructor dedicated to just the 2 of us so we can complete our Open Water certification as early as possible. Of course, all this was at no extra charge! You would think the quality of teaching may not be up to scratch given the shortened time frame. However, Matt, our instructor, was not only very thorough and was also able to put us at ease throughout our 2.5 days training. The quality of training was top notch. In addition, everyone that you will meet at this place are just very friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to help out in whatever shape or form possible. I strongly recommend Goodtime Adventures to fellow travellers interested in learning to dive or rock climb to check this place out!

P.S. The food at the Cafe was simply superb. Definitely one of the best on the island.

Visited May 2013
Charly S, Owner at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We were more than happy to make a schedule that fit your needs and glad you enjoyed your times here with us. I would have to agree, Matt is a great instructor and glad you found the rest of the gang as friendly and helpful as well! It shows that they all love what they do! Also appreciate the cafe review, the bar staff work hard to make sure the food is top notch and we are glad you agree! Cheers!
Loddon, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trek, Cliff jumping and Snorkelling”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

As with a lot of other businesses on Koh Tao the (half) day was made by Sara who worked her little butt off to look after us. We had been diving the rest of our time and wanted to see a bit more of the island and really enjoyed the opportunity to trek from one side to the other (very sweaty but great fun - just make sure you have trainers). Cliff jumping was good then had a good hours snorkelling in Mango Bay in the bits the divers can't get to. Slightly disappointed that we didn't get to snorkel with the reef sharks but otherwise a great way to spend an afternoon before travelling home.

1 Thank Ian B
Hello, and thanks for your great response. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us. We pride ourselves on running more varied and personalised adventures rather than just the run of the mill scuba boat trips that are common across the island. Its a shame you didn't get to see the black tips, but I guess that's just one more reason to come back! Safe travels, and we hope to see you back on Koh Tao for some more adventures and goodtimes soon :)
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“JUMP DIVE CLIMB!! Did it all!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stop reading and just book here! Goodtimes is an amazing shop with an awesome staff. I found them on advice from my brother who did an open water and advanced course with Linzi and loved the shop, the level of care in instruction and all the crew. His excitement was more than enough to convince me so I came back and did my rescue diver course over a couple days in April 2012. Since then this place has become an unofficial home which has got me back time and time again to do all sorts of adventures!

Diving - Small crews, speed boats, and a genuine passion for diving make it the best place to dive!!! With the speed boat style diving it allows you to dive on an offset time to all the other shops giving you uncrowded dive sites that other places have no choice but to deal with. Plus waking up for a 9am boat rather than a 6:30 am boat was a big bonus in my books!!! Sara, Linzi, Tim and Charly all dive with passion and are great teachers excited to share crazy facts and secrets of the sea, plus small groups (no bigger than 4, and no more than 10 divers on the boat) make for a comfortable dive group.

Climbing - Before finding Goodtime Adventures I never really had any interest in climbing, but like the diving staff I found the climbing staff had a passion for climbing that is nothing short of contagious!!! So I found myself signing up for a day on the rock to try climbing, abseiling (repelling), and just enjoying the amazing views from Fraggle Rock!! It was a great introduction to what climbing is all about and the whole time I felt confident in my instructors safety and knowledge. I definitely want to continue climbing and learning!!!

Cliff Jumping - Just do it. Its awesome!

Anyways, I love you guys and so much thanks for everything!! Super excited for your new speed boat, and hotel too!!! Cheers!!!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank D G
Hello, and thanks for your great review Darren. We had - and continue to have - a great time with you whenever you visit us. We're happy you got to try our full range of activities, and loved them all as much a we do. You are a true Goodtimer! We pride ourselves on our personalised small group adventures, and the passion and enthusiasm of our staff. Who knows, if you continue to keep coming back, we may have to make it official and just give you a job here! Safe travel and keep spreading the Goodtime love :)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We'll be back!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our second visit, 6 days this time. Everything that we looked forward to: very welcoming, completely professional, excellent diving instruction with great personal attention, expert guidance on underwater life, and friendly relaxation at the end of the day.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank djwallace75
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We were really happy to have you back with us again this year and had another great trip. We really enjoyed diving with you and look forward to seeing you again next year!