“Best day of my trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #11 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Giessen, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I did some climbing with Goodtime Adventures about a week ago and it pretty much was the best day of my trip. Because I used to work as a Diving Instructor on the island, I always thought that I had seen everything of Koh Tao, but Dave my Climbing Instructor, took me to places I had never been before. He was an awesome guide and instructor, very inspiring, professional and great for a laugh and some very nice chats.
Thank you ever so much Dave and Goodtime Adventures, it was worth every Bath!
Panos

1 Thank Panos I
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. I've passed on your comments to Dave - he really appreciated what you had to say.

We're glad you discovered new areas on an island you'd lived on before. We love showing people a different side of Koh Tao because it's such a beautiful place and the view is gorgeous.

Thanks again,
The Goodtime Crew

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
“The name says it all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I did a snorkelling day trip with these guys on a Contiki
It was a great day, so it was an obvious choice when I was going back to I my open water dive course.
Instructors we awesome and they drove us to uncrowded dive sites.
We even went back for a few fun dives after the course finished because we has so much fun.

Everyone was super friendly and we were practically living at the shop when we were doing the course because the cafe is great.
Would recommend to anyone

Visited March 2013
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thanks for your review. We were super-happy you came back after your Contiki experience and we've loved having you as part of the family. It really was a pleasure to have all 3 of you with us. We're delighted you loved the diving - it honestly gets better and better the more you do.... so we hope to see you back here for some more again soon.
Take care and thanks again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A really personal touch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I first visited Goodtimes as my travel partner was a keen climber; when I found out they offered diving as well, I decided to sign up with them for my Advanced OW course as a matter of convenience. Although the staff were really friendly, I was initially slightly skeptical about diving with a smaller dive school with a less well-established reputation... fortunately, these worries were soon quashed when I got in the water with them!!

While other schools in Koh Tao boast of 4-to-1 ratios, my AOW with Carlito was 1-to-1; my Rescue course was with two instructors (Sara, Cam) and just one other student. And there was no ‘single student supplement’. The individual attention I received from each instructor meant that I could ask plenty questions, expand my knowledge and practise my buoyancy control and other skills over and over again. I was never rushed through anything, and feel like I have really improved as a diver as a result.

As well as these courses, I signed up for a UV night dive led by Linzi. There are no words to describe how awesome and trippy an experience this was so I won’t go on about it... But it was unreal!!

On another occasion, I had 68 and 73 minute fun dives with Sara and a friend. The only limitation to our dive time was air consumption; throughout the afternoon, the three of us only saw one other group in the water. This is truly exceptional – I did my Open Water with another school on Koh Tao last year, and my instructor counted 50 other divers on the site...

In fact, every dive I did with Goodtimes was relaxed (except for the Rescue Course “Dive from Hell”, naturally!!) and I was able to really appreciate the dive sites without worrying about traffic, fitting into a schedule with OW students or crashing into other groups!

On the recommendation of my friend, I did the beginners’ rock climbing course with Dave who has 17 years’ of climbing experience. The morning ‘classroom’ session (on the deck on the beach!) was 1-to-1, with my mate joining us in the afternoon to climb. Small groups were a recurrent theme of my Goodtimes experience – with just two of us, we had a huge amount of wall time, and plenty of advice, support and laughs with our instructor.

The friendly, laid back nature of the staff at Goodtimes belies the wealth of experience and expertise that they have accumulated over their (significant!) years. Without exception they are upbeat, helpful and knowledgeable in many areas. I’ve learnt a huge amount about everything from marine biology to the platysma muscle (Charly: cervical branch of the facial nerve...), Burmese culture (thanks Myo!) and to the best places to climb in North America. The combination of great conversation, a slackline and a guitar over a couple of sunset beers made for brilliant, chilled-out evenings.

Overall, I’ve had an enormous amount of fun with Goodtimes. While I was there, I noticed that they always make a huge effort to get to know everyone who comes in; I know I was never once made to feel like 'just another customer'.

If you want to avoid the characteristic ‘factory diving’ feel that prevails in Koh Tao and enjoy a genuinely personal experience with a great group of people, look no further. Highly recommended!

2 Thank Chris L
Hi Chris, and thanks so much for such an awesome and thorough review. Great to hear you enjoyed your time here as much as we enjoyed having you with us. During your stay you truly became part of the crew - not difficult considering you tried pretty much all of our activities. You rock! All of our staff got to know you on a one to one basis, and we are all agreed that we'd like you to come back please! Divemaster is calling.... :) Hopefully see you back on our rock soon for some more goodtimes....and adventures!
Canada
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Great Times at Goodtimes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Where most people come to Goodtime Adventures for the diving, this was a rock climbing trip for me. Koh Tao wasn't originally planned as a stop, but I read that they had granite climbing, so since most of my climbing has been done on limestone I thought I'd check it out! Everyone at the shop was very friendly and laid back. Dave, our climbing guide really knew his stuff, and we got to do a good variety of challenging climbs. I learned a lot not only about granite climbing, but he was a wealth of climbing knowledge, as well as pretty easy going, but still safety oriented. Whether diving or climbing, I recommend Goodtime Adventures!

2 Thank Dave B
Thanks for such a great review on our climbing activities. Welcome to the world of granite! I have passed on your comments to Dave, which he appreciated. He had a great time with you up on the rocks and was happy you left with some challenging climbs accomplished. Keep up the climbing, and we hope to see you back again for some more adventures soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Time Forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

"Paradise is not a place you go to but how you feel for a moment in your life".
And GTA is just that place guys.(For all ages)
I did my advanced certification course with my girl friend and it was so much fun.
Our instructor Linzi is the coolest instructor to train with.She is so much fun and will make diving seem as easy as breathing.
All the people at GTA are very friendly and have tons of experience and knowledge to share.
We miss you Linzi and Sara and cant wait to get back and dive with you guys.
Also the place has great food and the best sunset view at Sairee beach after a nice day of fun activities.They have the best speed boat and their equipment is top notch.
You will regret choosing any other dive school!!!

2 Thank Aadhar_puri
Charly S, General Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thanks for such a positive review, we are happy you had such a great time with us. I know Linzi really enjoyed getting to know you guys, both above and below water. You were great fun to have around and were a great addition to the Goodtimes family during your stay :) We are looking forward to seeing you again - hopefully soon! - for some more adventures, diving, and sunset chill sessions. Happy diving until then :)