“Awesome Adventures!”

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #11 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
london
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Awesome Adventures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I did some fun dives initially on my second trip to Koh Tao (I had looked to change dive school as the other place was too big and did not seem as friendly as it had), and went in to talk to Goodtimes about diving. I immediately felt good about the place - the staff there are all so friendly and fun!

My friend and I booked for a hike / cliff jumping day and were led by Sara and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I then went diving with Dennis who was a great instructor (far better than many I've since dived with elsewhere!). We had some fantastic dives in small groups on a nice speedboat.

I had such a great time that at the end of my 2 months travelling around South East Asia I felt I had to finish off my trip by taking my Rescue Diver and Emergency First Responder Courses. I had Lindsay and Sara as my instructors - a 2:1 ratio!!! Amazing! I had a great time and learned a lot.

I also had a personal goal to reach 50 dives before returning home in quite a tight time schedule. It was the end of season and they had already arranged to take their boat out of the water during the time they were closed. In order to help me achieve the number and the type of dives I wanted to do (including UV and Sail Rock), I was not only referred to other similar fantastic dive schools, but also taken to and collected from them when I was not accompanied by my own dive instructor on the dives! As a solo female traveller on my return, it really made me feel very comfortable with the other suppliers.

I can't speak highly enough of them. I'm pretty sure it won't be too long before my next Goodtime Adventure!

Leighann

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Jessica L
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for your review. It was great to have you with us and we're delighted you decided to end your trip with some Goodtimes!
Was great to help you reach your 50 dive target by the end of your trip. Keep in touch with us and visit us again soon. Next stop: DIVEMASTER!

• Polish first
  • Thai first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Scuba Diver's joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I went to GTA after reading some of the reviews on the place. Not a disappointment having seen numerous diving schools along Sairee Beach that seem to be taking groups of 10+ divers out with them. I went for a afternoon of fun dives. They accommodate both PADI and SSI which is a great help. It is a laid back atmosphere at the centre but the staff are professional and thorough when it comes to the safety aspects of diving. I spent most of my time with Sara who was a pleasure to go diving with. The boat GTA have is one of the fastest on the island and only accommodates a maximum of ten divers. This makes it a breeze getting to the best spots quickly, and they look to change site if one is too busy. I did two dives with Sara and another student and my following two dives were just the instructor and I which was brilliant. They offer a whole host of different diving activities and I will be looking to use GTA if I come back to Koh Tao again. Cheers guys.

1 Thank Tim M
Thank you for your review. We had a great time diving with you too, especially the deep dive at Southwest with those amazing barracuda! Keep in touch and we hope to see you here again soon.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Get experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Organised a full day tour but because of high seas couldn't do the cliff jumping only abseiling and rock climbing - WHICH WE LOVED. The site was close by, there was only one other person that joined us and the view was amaziing. I got my hair caught in the ropes, and the instructor charlie managed to free me without getting myself bald!

2 Thank Jayde D
Charly S, Owner at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I'm glad you guys had a good day, even if we were prevented from jumping due to the big waves. I had a great morning with you up on the mountain, lots of laughs, even when you did manage to get your hair caught just after I said "be careful, don't get your hair caught'! ;-) It was good of you to make sure my rescue skills were up to date!

Thanks again.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazingly Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We did day trip that started off with rappelling down this giant rock called Fraggle Rock with our guide/owner Charlie. She was an amazing guide, fun and informative and made me feel like not such a newbie. I was nervous since I have never repelled or rock climbed before, but I felt completely safe with Charlie. The rock climbing was challenging but the views at the top of Koh Tao are well worth it. After lunch we went snorkelling and lucked out because we got the boat to ourselves and Captain Rob was really cool. It was a truly awesome experience, the whole day I was smiling! Good time adventures are a fantastic friendly and completely professional.

2 Thank Kelly M
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks for your lovely review. We're happy you enjoyed your day with us. You were a pleasure to take up on the rocks, and also on the boat. We're proud to take safety seriously, but also keep the emphasis on having lots of fun, whatever level you are at. Hopefully we'l see you back on Koh Tao soon for some more adventures with us.
Mijas, Andalucia, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommend this friendly team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just like to thank Goodtime Adventures for a great days diving..Charly please say thanks to your dad for the great photos he took... Just sorry we didnt find you sooner as quite fancy a go at rock climbing and free diving.. Never mind maybe next year...
Dawn, Nic and Neil

2 Thank DawnKS13
Thanks for your positive review. We were also disappointed you didn't find us sooner...but there's always next time! We're glad you enjoyed your activities with us, and that you got some great photo memories to take away with you. Happy travels, and we hope to see you back here soon for lots more activities of the Goodtime kind!