“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao
Ranked #11 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: SCUBA diving, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Cliff Jumping, Hiking, Trapeze, Boat Cruises, UV night diving and snorkelling and Watersports - all under the same roof! Looking for some serious fun? Then Goodtime Adventures is for you! A one-stop-shop for adventure on Koh Tao, we are the only SCUBA dive centre that operates speedboat diving right off the beach. We offer instruction from try dives to pro level through both SSI and PADI, with maximum group sizes of four to ensure your comfort and safety. We are also the only Rock Climbing school in the Gulf of Thailand providing introductions, courses, beta and equipment hire. As well as single activity courses, we offer adventure combination tours with a range of our fun-filled activities all packed into half and full day itineraries. On location is the Goodtime Beach cafe and bar, offering western, Thai and Burmese cuisine, weekly BBQ's, film nights, quiz nights, curry nights, slack lining and sunset specials. Also on site is the Goodtime Beach Hostel offering a range of accommodation from luxury private AC rooms with beachfront balcony to AC dormitories.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Feltham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

A few month ago I travelled to Koh Tao with Extreme Gap, who happened to use goodtime adventures in their program to take my rock climbing, snorkling, cliffjumping and abseiling. Of the experience, I would say it was one of the best of my life, exhilerating and thrilling. Of the company, they offer a unique service on the island, taking advantage of the amazing surroundings and eager tourists. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful, who seem to enjoy giving all their customers incredible experiences. The couple who run it are so lovely and chilled out, interacting with everyone on the outing. The equipment and facilities are good, the food in the restaurant delicious, (check out the suicide wing challenge :P ) the location stunning and convenient. All in all, I have literally nothing bad to say about Goodtime Adventures, only that I hope that they are still there if I ever go back to Thailand :)

Visited June 2012
1 Thank HannahManzur

• Polish first
  • Thai first
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Had a brilliant experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My review of this company comes 3 year after I rock climbed with them back in the summer of 2009.

Back then I knew that this company was special, from the personal friendly service from all the staff, to the amazing seculded locations we went to for the climbs, which became more challenging throughout my 4 day course. By the end of the course I was completing climbs that I never would have thought I would've at the start. This is down to good patient training from the instructors (and a little bit of credit goes to me!)

When I initially popped in to see if I fancied doing a course, I was greeted by Charly who was really friendly and full of good information.

By the end of the course I felt like part of the furniture enjoying sundowners and having laughs!

I dont remember how much I paid but remember it being good value. On the days of rain or poor weather when climbs were cut short, they made sure this was made up later on in the course.

This course was at the end of my year long travels and ranks among the best things I did.

I will one day return

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Scarbs
Stockholm
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“smashing fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

the bouldering and cross island trip was phenomenal and just so much fun. thanks to the whole team for making it a day otut of quality

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Severin G
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

the food is good and the view is fantastic
the staf are also cool.
a grate place to sit and have a burger , i did not dive with these people but they do have a speed boat and reg go to sail rock

Visited October 2011
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi thanks for the review ,we love our food as well nothing, better then sitting with a burger & a cold beer watching the sunset from our balcony outside the restaurant ,so glad you enjoyed.
Thanks again
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“awesome above and below sea level!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

i went to koh tao in jan 2012 to get certified as an OWD. goodtime was an excellent choice. the accommodation they arranged for me was perfect, a few minute walk to the dive shop and the beach.
the theory lessons were held one on one (thanks bart!), as my buddy had already completed his theory. linzi was an awesome teacher for the first few skills in the water and knew how to take my fears, first breath underwater blew my mind! for the rest of the dives we were two OWD students and sara (instructor) and darren (dive master). they both did a wonderful job! as a beginner i think it's the best to learn in a small group, i felt completely safe at all times.
the best thing about goodtime: they really avoid the crowds. the dive sites we went to we saw hardly any other divers, but many beautiful fish.
but not just the diving was great but the entire time i spent at the dive shop. the crew was just awesome, you can tell that they all love what they are doing! i felt welcome at all times!

i would recommend goodtime adventures to anyone who wants to learn how to be safe underwater, likes individual and professional assistance, enjoys a cold beer with a bunch of great people and just wants to have a goodtime!

Thank you goodtime adventures for introducing me to the magical underwater world! i hope i'll be back! :-)

Visited January 2012
1 Thank anita k
Charly S, Manager at Goodtime Adventures, Koh Tao, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for your review, we're pleased to hear you were so happy with your dive course and time spent with us. Our instructors all enjoyed teaching you, its always much more fun teaching smaller groups and getting to know students personally, and we're glad you feel the same. We would love to see you back on Koh Tao someday soon - advanced course next yes?!?!