“Not for me. To remote. Dirty rooms”

Seaview Resort and Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 77 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We booked this place due to price, reviews and away from busy area.
What a mistake.
The busy area is relaxed in the day and early evening. Later I bet it can be loud.
The room was old, damaged flooring, empty crisp bag in light shape and just felt unclean.
Because it is so remote and in the hill side we had visitors to our room.
First there was ants all around the top of the walls. At night we thought we had geckos outside only to find two arguing with each other on our bedroom wall.
We booked out the next morning and stayed in the main beech area about 300m from centre. Was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank zackattard
SeaviewResortKohTao, Gérant at Seaview Resort and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Our resort is located in a quiet part of Koh Tao. We are sorry for the bad memories but we renovated rooms and our cleaners are making a good job. Geckos are everywhere in Thailand....

There are newer reviews for Seaview Resort and Restaurant

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We are Italian but we write in English so as to advise as many people as possible.
First of all out of 11 nights, our room wasn't made up 4 times and twice we found the litter bin with the rubbish from the bathroom left over in the bedroom (as a consequence, ants everywhere).
When it rained, the rain dipped inside the bathroom. The bathroom had something like a "hole" between the wall and the roof and during the night (but also the day) everything could come in, worse of all not having a door between the bathroom and the bedroom whatever came in through the "hole" crept close to our bed.
Last but not least the room was incredibly tiny and there was no place even to move around or where to put clothes. And forget the restaurant! We had to go to the pier beacuse out of 4 times we had dinner there we never could eat what we ordered! The worst was when they served me a dish I didn't want to eat but at last I ate and when I finished they arrived with the right one and pretended I would pay twice!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Simona F
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I enjoyed so much staying at seaview resort for a few days in kho tao. After travelling in thailand for a while I can only recommend this place. The atmosphere is really nice and peacefull overthere and the staff is relax and friendly. Special thanks to P.Nok for her warm welcome and daily smile ! Bungalows are quite nice with a thai decoration and they are really, really, quiet, just a bit away from the beach and shops… The restaurant offers a large view on bays and island, and the food Is fine too. Nice place

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The good thing here is that the owner is a doctor, so if something happens to you she is not far away. I can highly recommend everyone this resort because of it's good food, peacefullness and beautiful nature. Just to let you know, if you are afraid of lizards, this is probably not the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan S
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I made the reservation at seaview resort because I didn't want to be on Sairee beach, the first night was perfect cause I had an upgrade the room was great then the next day I changed room for a standard one 800 bats for a very basic room. There wasn't even a door between the room and the bathroom say bye bye to your intimacy, the light didn't light up anything.
The staff is friendly thought.
It's far from everything

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank gwenaelle l
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed at Seaview resort for 4 nights and had a good time there. For the small amount that we paid for a basic standard room, it was really good value. However, I would not go as far as saying that the room was luxury- it was very basic. I must also say that I did not like the non-flushing toilet, but unfortunately, non-flushing toilets are the norm on Koh Tao.

I really enjoyed the restaurant at the resort, which offers a magnificent view of the ocean. The menu was very diverse, the food was cheap and excellent tasting! I would definitely say that the restaurant made a significant contribution to making our stay there a happy one.

As other reviewers have said, the staff are also really friendly and helpful. They offer a significantly cheaper taxi service to various points on the island as well as two free transfers to the town every day at 8:45am and (about) 1:45pm.

***VERY IMPORTANT!! Make sure to call the resort the day before you arrive to arrange for one of their staff to fetch you at the pier (for free)***.
When I called the day before we arrived the manager warned me about the chaotic friendzy, of informal taxi drivers looking for business at inflated prices, that happens at the pier when newcomers arrive on the island. His advice was appreciated!

Overall, we had a great stay at Seaview resort. The room was ok, but not great. The restaurant and transfer service were top notch.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bwil001
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I've tavelled fairly extensively and can confidently say this is one of THE best places I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The delightful mix of luxury and nature blend together in perfect harmony, mealy complimenting the gorgeous sea that you get to wake up to each morning. The staff are fantastic, they offer the finest of service in whatever they do, whether it be supplying information on the island or serving up food in the top star restaurant. If you stay at Seaview prepare to be impressed, it's the perfect hotel to experience this stunning island in the sun.

Room Tip: ask for room 10
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo