Tripadvisor
Koh Tao
Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing!

My girlfriend and I had a brilliant (but intense!) 5 days doing our OW and then Advanced Adventurer... read more

Reviewed today
Rack005
Open water diver

Great place to learn scuba diving! Did a ”fast track” with THE best possible teacher Matt. He’s... read more

Reviewed today

from $84.34
from $89.62
from $37.95
3,582 results
All reviews open water course fun dives free accommodation advanced adventurer night dive amazing experience air con my boyfriend great instructor dive course made us feel whale sharks marine life big thanks laid back sairee beach learn how
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perfect stay for the open water diver certification. Really good and dedicated instructors. 12,5m pool for first day session and a quick tender ride out to the diving boat. The 4 dive site we went to were on different sides of Koh Tao so a perfect sightseeing on the way. Dive site’s were amazing and can not be described. You better come and see for ourselves.

1  Thank Henning2vs1
BigBlueRep, Public Relations Manager at Big Blue Diving Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello again Henning, congratulations on completing your Open Water and thanks for the excellent review too

For those thinking about learning to dive Koh Tao really is the ideal place. It has easy, beautiful dive sites, all-year-round diving, lots of dive centres to choose from and of course it's one of the cheapest place in the world to obtain your Open Water licence.

Here at Big Blue we try to go a little further than most on the island with our comfortable, shaded dive boats which we always try to send to 4 different dive sites on the Open Water course. If the conditions allow us to head to the far side of the island (as in your case) we love to go there too, for the reason you mentioned - getting some sightseeing in - and also because the vast majority of dive centres stay close to where their located to save money. This of course leads to some pretty busy divesites, compared to your first two dives when we were one of the only boats on the whole site!

We hope to see you again one day, and keep on diving Henning

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Big blue is a really good place if you wanna stay on the island, learn or improve your diving skills and have a really good time! We can only recommend Big Blue to everyone especially because the Dive Instructors make an amazing experience happen. Thanks so much to Dan and Gus!! You‘re great and have been the best Dive Instructors we could have imagine!! Love Koh Tao!!

1  Thank Janvgls
BigBlueRep, Front Office Manager at Big Blue Diving Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi , thanks for the great review

I'm so glad you're happy with choosing us as the dive centre to dive with here on Koh Tao. We take great pride in being a lot of fun but also well-organised and very safety conscious too. We do have a lot of chararacters here as you no doubt noticed, so it's never a dull moment especially with the man mountain of Gus and lovable Dan to dive with.

We'll pass on your kind words, and hope you'll visit again one day!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Can’t recommend Big Blue highly enough! I chose them as they (unlike many other dive shops on the island) offered the open water piece of my SDI certification. I completed my dives under the tutelage of Fiona and couldn’t have asked for a better instructor to guide me through the lessons and skills tests, all the while building confidence and having a blast in some incredible dive settings! The Big Blue team were obviously experts at what they do, catering to a variety of training and fun dive needs and ensuring everyone has a safe and fun go of it. You will not be disappointed, and, while I’m confident everyone on staff is top notch, I wholeheartedly recommend Fiona as a guide/instructor. If ever I’m back on Koh Tao, I will 100% be diving with Big Blue.

1  Thank essdeegee1

Hello and thank you for the review!

Firstly well done for becoming our latest SDI Open Water diver. There's not many places where you can do courses from PADI, SSI, SDI, TDI and BSAC on Koh Tao but we're one of them...and undoubtedly the best one too

Right now there's never been a better time to be diving and staying with us on beautiful Sairee Beach so nice timing guys; the weather is perfect, the island quiet, sunsets incredible every single night it seems! Fiona is a great teacher to experience our divesites with, and she's one of the many we have here with a lovely personality, bags of experience and also more than happy to work the course around the specific needs of her students, like in your case.

Thanks again for the review, and hope to see you again one day soon

Reviewed January 15, 2020

From start to finish Big Blue Diving was amazing! Before we arrived (without reservations) I sent a Facebook message to ask about dive trips and accommodations. Adele was quick to reply and was more than friendly so I already knew we were making the right decision. Check in was quick and easy with the help of Rachel at the desk. She got us set up and before we knew it we had a welcome drink in hand. We stayed in a private fan bungalo which was perfect for what we were looking for. The beach was beautiful and the bbq dinner was delicious. All the staff was great! We even had a chance to chat with Will for a bit and hear some of his stories about living in Koh Tao. The next morning I went on a fun dive to two amazing dive sites. Tayna my dive master was very friendly and made the trip a lot of fun. I lucked out and had some really awesome dive buddies too! My sister participated in the discover scuba program, and she said her instructor Dan couldn’t have been better! We both went on the afternoon dive boat and after completing her skills we were able to go on a shallow dive together! (So much fun!) We had a lot of laughs on the boat as well. Dive master Steve is absolutely hilarious. He is very knowledgeable about the fish but I couldn’t help but laugh at the way he described them. After our dives, we all had some drinks together at the dive shop. It was a great night. We were sad to leave but promise to be back ! We would recommend Big Blue Diving to anyone, we know you will love it!

Emily and Hayley

1  Thank EmilyB5175

Hello again Emily and Hayley, thanks for the great review

I could tell when talking to you that you were the right type of diver for Big Blue, there's a certain kind of person that thrives diving with us and you've both shown that you've got what it takes to be both great divers and a long-term member of the Big Blue family too - we'll save a couple of places for you both!

We love getting feedback about our staff, and all of us enjoy reading through reviews and i can tell you it definitely makes our day when we hear someone's has such a good time with us. I just forwarded this to Tanya and Dan so they'll be well pleased tonight, and Steven...well his ego is big enough anyway so best to keep this one secret from him okay?

Thanks again girls, it was a pleasure having you around the place

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Did a great dive today with these guys. Our instructor Rachel was awesome. There are lots of dive shops on Koh Toa but these guys stand out.

1  Thank bryanmA4537LU
BigBlueRep, Public Relations Manager at Big Blue Diving Koh Tao, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Yeah, damn right Bryan - we love to get such nice feedback about our team here

Rachel just read this review, and left the room with a smile you could park a car in! She's always so happy to hear back from her divers, be it good or bad, and let me tell you it's always good as she's such a scuba nerd

I hope you'll be back one day for some more underwater fun with us, and safe travels Bryan.