“Awseome experience!”

Big Blue Diving
Ranked #3 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of Koh Tao's longest established Dive Centers offerring a full range of Scuba Diving Courses from Open Water to Scuba Instructor. Also specialists in Freediving, Technical Diving, Instructor Training & professional Underwater Videography and able to teach in all major languages & all courses including PADI, SSI, BSAC & TDI. Big Blue Diving, Koh Tao also offers FREE accommodation on days spent diving in shared AC dorms making it the most affordable dive center in the world! While also offering private AC bungalows on the beach as well as basic old skool style backpacker bungalows on the beach for those who'd rather pay a little extra for privacy. Awarded numerous prizes from all diving organisations & travel agencies & websites Big Blue Diving is everybodys favourite dive center.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awseome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Couldnt reccomend this diving school highly enough especially if you have never dived before. Me and my girlfriend were both excited to try this but also a bit nervous. We had Rick as our instructor for our open water course. If you get him you are in our opinion very lucky. He made all 3 days of the course good fun but was also very proffesional and put us at ease as he is so calm under the water. Though we have heard from other travellers good things about all of the instructors. Also have to mention Andreas who assisted our dives and is a dive master in training. We have no doubt he will go on to become just as good. Overall great fun and made to feel safe at all times. If we ever return to Koh Tao will definately be diving with big blue again. Accomadation also excellent and all staff very helpful at all times. Thanks guys! Neil and Toni - Farnborough, UK.

Visited January 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“How to have a great day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just wanted to say a very special thank you to our dive instructor Natalie!!

She went through the paces with my mother who was 50+ and had never dived before. She made my mum feel very safe and helped her at every corner to guide her through what is a daunting thing to do.

Not only did she teach my mum the ropes but also juggled that with me and my sister who were fun diving, when she had the time to check on us she was always pointing out great stuff for us to check out.

A real classy chick!

Big up, big blue!!!

Liverpool
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing place :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed at big blue in November! Only planned to stay for 4 but stayed here for 6 as we loved it so much! We found big blue to be very professional and also a great place to relax and have fun! It has a very welcoming atmosphere and a great bar to relax after a day's diving!

Accomodation was ok! Originally had a free room as we were diving, however we upgraded to a nicer room at the newer big blue 2 which was just a few mins walk down the beach and was much quieter and relaxing! The only problem we had was that our room wasn't cleaned once and we ended up having ants in the room!! After numerous times complaining about this, nothing was done about it which we found was very disappointing! This would definatly be a piece of feedback that I hope big blue takes on board!

As for the diving and the dive courses, we couldn't fault these in anyway! I did my advanced open water and also plenty of fun dives and found the dive masters to be extremely knowledgable and professional! They also like having a beer after the days dive so a small tip to say thanks :) buy them a beer!

I dived with Norwegian Tom, Carly, Anke, and Mikey! All of which were fantastic! Really took their time to talk about the days dive and knowledgable about the surrounding areas! Everyone loved their job! Very safe divers!

Big blue is a great place to watch the sunset and I don't think I have ever saw sunsets quite like it!

Overall, a great place to stay (minus the ants) , a great place to dive and a great school to learn with! :)

Moab, Utah
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“More than I ever imagined”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I came to Koh Tao after traveling through southern Thailand. Big blue was highly recommended by many of the travelers I had met. When I arrived at the island, I found them and the resort was very professional. Super kind people gave me the run down for the course and I was hooked. I booked for the open water dive course, which consists of 4 open water dives and a pool day (learning). I loved every minute of it. I was lucky enough to have the best instructor I could asked for, her name is Petra. She is a rock star... So knowledgeable, safe and funny. When I was given my open water card, I decided to stay for the advanced diver course, which Petra was also teaching. I can tell you that 4 dives just doesn't cut it, you will want to stay there for much longer. The ascended course took the group to a wreck from WWII, chumphon pinnacle and other areas to navigate. I would not have traded this experience for anything. Thank you Big Blue diving and most of all THANK YOU PETRA!!! .... For you are the best. Can't wait to come back for more diving next year.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“big blue and koh tao”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Absolutely amazing !! The staff, especially AMI my open water instructor...she was incredibly calm, funny, knowledgable and averall fantastic.We had only small groups, just 3 in ours, I felt confortable, completely safe and at ease( and I was really nervous!!) and Ami made the whole 'learning to dive' experience completly awsome!! They even filmed us on the last dive, (the one where we all qualified as open water divers) edited so well that it will make me smile always , a treasured memory. definitely hooked now though, will be back for more.Cant rate it higher....the best dive school in Koh Tao, staff, accommadation, beaches, boats and dive sites ALL Fantastic.

Visited January 2013