“Open water diving”

Big Blue Diving
Ranked #3 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of Koh Tao's longest established Dive Centers offerring a full range of Scuba Diving Courses from Open Water to Scuba Instructor. Also specialists in Freediving, Technical Diving, Instructor Training & professional Underwater Videography and able to teach in all major languages & all courses including PADI, SSI, BSAC & TDI. Big Blue Diving, Koh Tao also offers FREE accommodation on days spent diving in shared AC dorms making it the most affordable dive center in the world! While also offering private AC bungalows on the beach as well as basic old skool style backpacker bungalows on the beach for those who'd rather pay a little extra for privacy. Awarded numerous prizes from all diving organisations & travel agencies & websites Big Blue Diving is everybodys favourite dive center.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Victoria, Canada
“Open water diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Overall, the open water course was a blast. Great accomadation, atmosphere, staff, diving, ect. Shout out to my instructor Guy. Absolute beauty. Going back for the advanced course. Can't wait. "We are number one!!".

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Big Blue and Ben - thanks a million...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just finished my 9th dive with Big Blue Diving, Koh Tao, and if it wasen't because I had to leave I could have stayed here much longer. Actually I was only here for the Open Water Course, but ended up doing the advanced course aswell. The diving around here is amazing and at our 4th dive we even got to see an whaleshark and a turtle.
The dive school is very efficient and know excatly wht they are doing. Our instructor, Ben, was leading the group through all 9 dives and he really made our diving experience one off the best experiences I've hd while dooing the well known Southeast Asia roundtrip. If possible get Ben as your instructor, he made if so much fun and was always very helpfull and on top of things whenever people needed anything in the water and on shore. Thanks...I will be back whenever I get the chance...

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Big Blue was incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Doing my Open Water Course (and the upgrade to an Advanced Adventurer the day after OW finished) at Big Blue was one of the best experiences of my life and certainly of my 3 months travel! Even though we were out of season, we spotted both whale shark and turtle twice - I went straight in and booked my next course.
Ben was the best instructor anyone could ask for and he got our team down to 30 meters like a dream, despite of whatever concern one might have had. I had quite a struggle with equalizing in the beginning, but Ben gave me all the time I needed and got me safely down independently from my group - I was truly grateful!
I think that I can speak for anyone in our 6 man group when I say that we all loved having Ben as our instructor and that we would recommend him very much!

Visited January 2013
“Wow - best time learning and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Big Blue may be a big diving school with people arriving everyday but all staff make you feel welcome!
The diving was amazing, we got to see a Whaleshark twice and a turtle on our 4th and last openwater dive! Our instructor, Ben, was very good, patient and explained things well, the whole group enjoyed his teaching and the diving so much we all stayed to do the advance, even taking a days break to make sure Ben remained our instructor :)
Thanks Big Blue, awesome time I don't want to leave :)

Koh Tao, Thailand
“Dive Big Blue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

My diving experience at Big Blue was fantastic! All of the staff are friendly, helpful and obviously enjoy their jobs. Beachfront dorm accommodation is included with the price of the course. My instructor, G, teaches with passion and enthusiasm and works her hardest to ensure that everyone is being safe and having a good time. Thanks for an awesome course!