la Cigale
    Excellent 5/5
    Average 3/5
    • Breakfast included
    • Pool
    The Rocks Villas(Koh Tao)
    Excellent 5/5
    • Pool
    Average 3/5
    • Beachfront
    Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    All reviewstwin villagarden villarock villasairee beachespresso machinegreat breakfast optionspleasure of stayingown mealsgreat bars and restaurantsloved our stayprivate spaceoutdoor showerhammock on the balconyexploring the islandshort walkmobile phonethree nights
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having travelled throughout Southeast Asia with my two daughters (6 and 9 years old), I can safely say that this was our favourite place so far. We had space, privacy, and time to contemplate the pure beauty of the place. Andre, Nun and the staff were so helpful with every aspect of our stay and it was such a pleasure to stay in accommodation with character and style, rather than the bland five star hotels we'd been in for much of our stay. We will be back, and it will be for much longer next time.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably good.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
    Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at La Cigale in April 2012 on my 23 day solo adventure. Having traveled a fair bit including the Maldives I can easily say this is one of my most favorite places in the world which I am always recommending to others travelling to Ko Tao. As soon as I arrived I couldn't stop smiling when I was shown to my bungalow. The view is to die for and the accommodation is beautiful with a huge bed looking out onto the view and the most fantastic bathroom I have ever had. For the price you just cannot beat this place! The other massive plus point is Andre... on arrival Andre provided me with a mobile phone that had important numbers ready for me to call, I ordered some food which was bought to my terrace for me and he even got cigarettes for me - first class service!! The walk down to the beach isn't too far, took me about 25 minutes to walk back at night from Fish Bowl area but for a few days of total indulgence it's definitely worth it! I cannot wait to come back here when I go travelling at the end of the year with my boyfriend. Just book it, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
    Reviewed January 24, 2013

Pure luxury, just a few minutes away from buzzing Sairee Beach. We spent 2 amazing nights at La Cigale and enjoyed every moment of our stay. The view you get onto the Sea and Sairee Beach is just absolutely breathtaking. It's the perfect place if you are looking for a private peaceful getaway, yet don't want to miss out on all amenities of Sairee Beach area. From the warm welcome to the honest and warm goodbye of the owner, La Cigale made our stay on Koh Tao rememberable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed January 23, 2013

We are so pleased we decided to stay 12 days with Andre' & Nun and their awesome staff ! The villas are nestled into a hill side of rainforrest with black butterflies and monkeys cooing as you walk up your private pathway to enter this artistic, classy, comfy , spacious villa with awesome views from the bedroom and balcony .
    Andre'& Nun are so welcoming and helpful the staff is never rushed and by some magic seem to know when you are out of your room and when back the bed is made ! The bed is super comfortable with extra thai pillows and soft sheets,
    We celebrated a special birthday with extended family and friends and Andre' helped us so we could have some drinks and light refreshments on the rooftop terrace at sundown - so nice ! We also made use of the kitchen as we rented a small scooter to tonk along on and visited the local markets on the main road past Mae Haad , we bought prawns, crabs, mangosteen, mangoes ,eggs and went "home " cooked it up and enjoyed on our balcony with a cold Singha . Nice to not eat every meal out and some days we didn't want to leave laCigale and just "stayed in " .
    The rest of the island is lovely to explore and the crowd is mixed ages mainly young dive enthusiasts and old divers like us but the common interest for nature makes it a more laid back crowd but you can still party to sunrise if you like on Sairee beach like our 20 year old daughter did but we were pleased to walk up the hill at the end of the evening and be back at "our" secluded , classy, quirky awesome place.
    Special mention of the feature bathroom it is an indoor/outdoor with rain shower and orchids growing on the shower walls ! laCigale is ecofriendly and collects rainwater for the showers your skin and hair will love it !
    The rest of our extended family were most impressed with our place and after they left for 6 nights at Koh Samui they texted us back saying we were so lucky to still be on Koh Tao. To quote Arnie " We'll be Back "

Room Tip: They are all lovely but we liked the family villa with a separate loung eroom / dining . Also Barracuda is a great place to dine but book a table in advance .
    • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had 3 nights at la cigale and it wasn't long enough we loved it here the location is ideal and the garden villa is really tremendous. Andre and nun are the best two hosts can't do enough for you. We will without a doubt be going back and book for longer next time we can't rate la cigale high enough

• Stayed: January 2013