“Wow! What a great find!”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #58 of 181 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: In the city of Mea Haad , located between Bangkok Bank and Seatran Pier , our Restaurant is open from 4 pm until....late.Buono Appetito
Douglasville, Georgia
“Wow! What a great find!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Koh Tao is a very laid back sort of a place and so finding a restaurant of this calibre was quite exciting to us. Food is the best and the chef is also the owner. We got there early allowing him the opportunity to chat with us and so he prepared our meals for us according to our requests. It was just wonderful...and the wine...was great as well. We had a bottle of Chardonnay...can't remember the name but I do remember it was Italian.

Visited October 2012
Dear guests ,
mille grazie and see you soon in koh Tao.

• Finnish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Honestly, best Italian ever. Seems like the best Italian chefs have been put on little Koh Tao! I ate the lasagna, it was like heaven in my mouth!

arnaldo83, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear guests ,
thanks a lot for you review , we hope to see you soon.
Grazie Mille......
Seattle, Washington
“Surprise - good Italian in Thailand!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went here twice - once because I wanted a mild pasta to take a break from spicy local food. I had pizza one night and a pasta with white sauce another night. The food is excellent! But it is a little expensive for Thailand. The restaurant ambiance is lovely.

Visited August 2012
arnaldo83, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guests , thank you for the review.
Hope to see you again.

Seattle
“Pizza Was a Bit Disappointing, Actually”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I ordered an anchovy pizza at La Dolce Vita and, given all the rave reviews, I was a little let down. Nothing special about the pizza. Quite a broad border of crust with no sauce. Nothing really wrong with the pizza but nothing special, either. When I asked the waitress for crushed red pepper flakes to liven it up, she apparently didn't understand what I wanted. Rather than go find someone with better English to assist me, she simply left and never returned. Perhaps I'd have been better off ordering pasta, but this was my experience with what I did order.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BallardBeaver
arnaldo83, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guests , thank you for the review.

I'am sorry than you don't really enjoy the pizza. We try to proposed traditional one , like in Italy.
Pizza today is famous all around the world , and be adapted to the costumers of different country.
About the service , my staff try to do his best....but we still in Koh tao....a very small island with young workers , without strong experience.
We have to be indulgent here.
I hope to see again , and i could maybe recommended you another dishes.

Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a member of the slow food organization and stating they have "home made" pasta we were kinda disappointed from the dishes flavors. The pasta didn't feel very "home made" but rather ordinary-supermarket-pasta.
The ambiance is nice and relaxed, and the coffee was very good.
Might be worth a try as we only few dishes.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank shkob1
arnaldo83, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the review.

I'am sorry than you don't like our fresh pasta ,homemade. Our Italian costumers are so happy to find that quality in Koh Tao.
But we have all some different tastes of course...
Hope to meet next time and i will be happy to recommended you an another dishes maybe.