“Pizza Was a Bit Disappointing, Actually”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #59 of 181 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In the city of Mea Haad , located between Bangkok Bank and Seatran Pier , our Restaurant is open from 4 pm until....late.Buono Appetito
Seattle
“Pizza Was a Bit Disappointing, Actually”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I ordered an anchovy pizza at La Dolce Vita and, given all the rave reviews, I was a little let down. Nothing special about the pizza. Quite a broad border of crust with no sauce. Nothing really wrong with the pizza but nothing special, either. When I asked the waitress for crushed red pepper flakes to liven it up, she apparently didn't understand what I wanted. Rather than go find someone with better English to assist me, she simply left and never returned. Perhaps I'd have been better off ordering pasta, but this was my experience with what I did order.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BallardBeaver
arnaldo83, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guests , thank you for the review.

I'am sorry than you don't really enjoy the pizza. We try to proposed traditional one , like in Italy.
Pizza today is famous all around the world , and be adapted to the costumers of different country.
About the service , my staff try to do his best....but we still in Koh tao....a very small island with young workers , without strong experience.
We have to be indulgent here.
I hope to see again , and i could maybe recommended you another dishes.

The Direction

• Finnish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

As a member of the slow food organization and stating they have "home made" pasta we were kinda disappointed from the dishes flavors. The pasta didn't feel very "home made" but rather ordinary-supermarket-pasta.
The ambiance is nice and relaxed, and the coffee was very good.
Might be worth a try as we only few dishes.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank shkob1
arnaldo83, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for the review.

I'am sorry than you don't like our fresh pasta ,homemade. Our Italian costumers are so happy to find that quality in Koh Tao.
But we have all some different tastes of course...
Hope to meet next time and i will be happy to recommended you an another dishes maybe.
The Direction
Cork, Ireland
“Best Italian I've ever eaten”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I loved this restaurant we only spent a few days on koh Tao and ate here every night. The staff are fantastic and the food is well worth the money. I would highly recommend the pizza, lasagne and the prawns were amazing. I would go back to koh Tao just to eat here again!

aberdeen
“Lovely food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

You could have been forgiven for being in Italy when you see this restaurant - has a very mediterranean feel to it. Lovely food and good service.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank sunseeker0223
auckland
“Great food. Professional service.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visited here twice with my wife and 18mth old boy. The service was fantastic and food was really great.

Visited August 2012