Ko Tao Diving Tour - Buddha View Dive Resort
Quebec City, Canada
“BEST TIME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Definitely the best dive center to dive. People are nice and funny. There is also a bar, cafe and a restaurant. The staff is very friendly and they always make sure that you feel good during your first time underwater. The accomodation was very good for the cheap price !
I did my open water course and I have one of my best experience during my trip in Thailand!
I wish I could go back there!

Visited July 2012

• Korean first
Broughton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AWESOME DIVING EXPERIENCE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

When I arrived at Koh Tao I was bombarded with lads selling me diving. Kind taxi driver dropped me at Buddha View, ended up staying a week! All I can say is the staff team are SO friendly, helpful, professional and kind, the diving is out-of-this-world, the kit is clean, well maintained and put together for you every morning, and the experience was so good I extended my stay and did even more diving culminating in seeing a Whale Shark on a Deep Dive on my v last day. Stayed onsite the accommodation clean and ideal for my needs, the restaurants on site were v reasonably priced for Koh Tao (which is usually v expensive compared to the rest of Thailand!) and I LOVED IT am going back for Xmas/New Year. Dived with many of the Instructors and all were simply wonderful, the enthusiasm for the natural world they dive into was so obvious and this enthusiasm and knowledge made the diving really special for me.

Visited June 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great, friendly diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I completed my OW and AOW courses here and could not have had a better time. Our group consisted of 8 people and by the end of the OW course we were like a big family. Our instructors Mark and Pete were amazing too. Really friendly, very funny, showed us all a good time but maintained a safe and professional attitude when it came to the diving and made sure those of us who were apprehensive felt good and boosted our confidence.
Equipment is average gear but good enough for training and of course all serviced to meet safety standards. The hire is included in the price of the course but if you have your own eupiment I think you can negotiate the price down - same with if you don't stay on the resort you can get a discount for not having a room.
The resort is set up so it is easy to make new friends and meet others who are diving (great if you're a solo traveller). Plenty of opportunity to get to know DMs in training, rescue divers, other baby divers or whatever.
On completion of the course you get your temporary PADI card until the real one is sent to your home address and you can dive for up to 90 days with the temporary card.
When I first came to Buddha view I had only ever been on one fun dive 10 years ago and when I left I had completed my advanced course. Now I am certified under PADI and BSAC, own my own dive kit, and can dive not only tropical climates but very cold climates too. I am looking to return to Buddha view to complete my DM this summer and I was only there 8 months ago!
Definitely recommend learning to dive here - nice place, great stuff!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank nayhem
“Awesome diving time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really recommend this place due it's personality and charisma. We got our open water certificate with ease because of an excellent driving instructor named James. With him you feel really relaxed and secure while learning to dive.
Regards team Denmark ;)

Leiden, The Netherlands
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good diving, a bit busy though”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

The diving was nice, although a bit busy. To do an open water course good enough, when a bit more advanced too busy on the boats. The courses were great though

Visited April 2011