Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 11/06/21
eDreams
Expedia.com$37
Trip.com$46
All reviews wi fi rooms are nice min walk pools pier sairee fan
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Koh Tao is an amazing place, and our stay was hampered only by this awful hotel. Staff was unfriendly, unhelpful, and generally unavailable. The rooms were OK, except for the terrible shower and the many dead ants that no one had bothered to clean up before we arrived. The beach by the hotel is not very nice, the grounds are scattered with debris, and there was loud construction during the day. The beachside "bar" reported they had "no cocktails." Other promised amenities, such as a fitness center and restaurant, did not exist. The hotel appeared unfinished and the staff/owner seemed to treat it more as their personal residence than a hotel - screaming children were often in the pool, and one night the owner even had an onsite birthday party with loud, amplified music that kept us awake.

It's not worth putting a damper on one of the best places you will ever visit by staying here. If I had to do it over, I would definitely stay right by Sairee Beach in one of the many friendly and nice places I saw there.

Happy travels and definitely go to Koh Tao if you are visiting Thailand- it is the best island I visited!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank femalenomadwannabe
Reviewed October 5, 2012

3 of us stayed here in September, was a nice hotel with nice facilities.

Our room was spacious and had a lovely bathroom. The pool was big although not enough loungers.

We never managed to eat at the restaurant as it seemed to shut early although we can highly reccomend the spa onsite.

The staff are helpful and provided us with a taxi service to a nearby beach with a collection as well, they speak limited english but enough to get by!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The hotel is beautifully located with a stunning view, especially when you look out from the multi-tiered pool which is a highlight for the hotel. The rooms are tidy and roomy and the bathrooms look really nice. The Thai massage we had at the hotel spa was easily the best of our entire cheap and the price was reasonable.

Now for the negative; several people had trouble getting into their rooms due to the electronic keys acting up. I spent about 30 minutes waiting in a (very hot) hallway while hotel staff tried in vain to open the door. The WIFI was immensely unreliable, with some rooms (like mine) not having WIFI at all and some of the other people having shaky connections. Lastly, breakfast wasn't very good, it had the usual fare, but none of it was very well done.

Overall a 3 out of 5 for me, and a recommendation based on the location and pool alone!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We found this place to be very pleasant, with helpful friendly staff, lovely clean rooms and a beautiful, well maintained pool. Our rooms were on the third floor facing the pool. Generally the place was quiet in the evenings although a few door slammers, which you can get anywhere. The restaurant food was okay if you don't feel like going out. We would stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for an upper floor facing away from the construction, which we did notice was going on.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat L
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Cutting a long story short, we arrived in Ko Tao with previously booked accommodation that we didn't like so I went hunting for better. In the end I found this place, a haven from the scooters, kerosene dancers and dance music of the beach up the road. Rooms are comfortable and cleaned daily, the pool is great, there's a small beach from which you can snorkel from (equipment 50bhat hire from reception) and the staff are really helpful and friendly. On our last night had forgotten to buy beer and the shop at the top of the road was closed so I asked reception if they could sell me some. It was late and The guy couldn't find the key to the fridge so he gave me a lift on his scooter to a local 7-11 and didn't want any money for it! Amazing! If I was going back to Sairee beach area I'd definitely check out Regal.

Date of stay: August 2012