“had great time here, loved it !”

Narakaan Boutique Hotel
Narakaan Boutique Hotel
Ranked #56 of 77 Koh Tao B&B and Inns
isle of man
“had great time here, loved it !”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had also read the reviews on here and were unsure what we were going to find! But were very pleasantly surprised,we had a seaview room which was well worth the extra price,lovely balcony to sit on and watch the sunsets. Room cleaned daily, well furnished and hot shower. Though the staff didn't fuss over your every move (as in some of the other hotels which we found a little too much) they were helpful when we asked for anything.We found the little cafe downstairs on the beach where you have breakfast to be really relaxed, evening meals there and beers anytime were also excellent and there was a very relaxed atmosphere. It was very much a family run business and this made it quite a personal touch. The massage /manicure family run business attached was great and so cheap! Would definitely recommend and couldn't be nearer to all facilities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris, France
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel is absolutely not what you see on the website. The manager doesn t want to clean the room.
Breakfast is a joke 2 eggs and 1 toast.
The toilet is not separated with the shower. The shower doesn t work at all.
This hotel is extremely expensive for the prestation.
Do not go to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank manz m

Travelers are raving about these Koh Tao hotels

Turin, Italy
Reviewed August 23, 2011

At the beginning of our honeymoon we stayed at Narakaan for 5 nights. We had a room on the street and not seafront but it was very spacious, clean and welcoming. Beds were fine, bathroom was OK and breakfast was also nice. There is free wifi for guests.
The only one drawback consists in a little overpricing: 2.000THB for that kind of accomodation in Koh Tao are a little bit too much but, overall, not crazy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cristiano_ITA
London, UK
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I'm not entirely sure why there are so many bad reviews of this place....

I booked 5 nights here and I thought it was great. I thought the staff were friendly, the location is awesome - on the beach, and further up Sairee to be away from the really crazy bars, but close enough to be in walking distance to everything - good facilites, good rooms.

People are saying it's not value for money - I paid 2200B a night and I think that's fine. I got a huge, clean room, TV, double bed, safe, fridge and bathroom with a hot shower. You would be pretty pushed to find all of that for a better price in Ko Tao that's on the beach.

Maybe I was overly impressed because I came to this hotel from an attic dorm room in Koh Phangan where every night at least 1 person threw up or had sex in the dorm. Maybe others were expecting a 5 star hotel. It's a simple hotel, nice, clean, affordable. Would recommend to anyone with a midrange budget.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bubble132
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Having read the other reviews on this site I was quite close to cancelling my reservation but I have to say I',m so glad I didn't.

I paid the extra 500 Bhat for a deluxe sea view room and I was really pleased I did - to wake up to that view each day really was stunning and the sunsets were out of this world. I had no issues with the noise (again this may be related to be on the beach side of the hotel).

The room was large, clean and exactly as it appears on the website. It's also in the perfect location on Sairee beach.

I had friends staying at a variety of resorts. Some stayed in decent, simple air con rooms for 1/3 the price but others paid much the same for fancier resorts but with smaller rooms and without the view.

I have recommeded this place to friends but pay the extra for the view!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
S.A
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This place is the worst place i have ever been to, we arrived and took one look at the rooms and bathrooms and left, there is no way i would stay in a dump like that. It smelt like a hospital and the rooms where ugly, the bathrooms were disgusting. I cannot belive that people can be such thieves trying to charge for this dump. They did not give us back our deposit so i hope they will loose all their business because people like this should not run a business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Sabolah
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This hotel is nothing like the marketing would have you believe. The rooms maybe big, but are totally overpriced. Ours backed on to a noisy thoroughfare, that attracted all the post-bar kick outs, and kept us awake at least 4am everyday. The breakfast was poor, and the receptionist unfriendly and miserable. There's some lovely hotels on the island, do yourselves a favour and don't pick this one!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple