“Fantastic team and great BSAC training!”
Review of Big Blue Tech

Big Blue Tech
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Blue Tech, the dedicated technical training and exploration department for Big Blue Diving in Thailand.We offer Technical Diver, Cavern and Cave Diver, Rebreather Diver, Dive Medic and Scuba Engineer Training from several internationally recognized training agencies. We are based on Koh Tao Island but provide training throughout Thailand and South East Asia.We provide our customers with technical expeditions, wreck explorations, cave penetrations and rebreather support all lead by our experienced in house dive team and partners in the technical diving industry.Located in four places in Thailand with our main resort in Koh Tao, you can find our offices in Bangkok, Khao Lak and Chumphon giving you options for diving including Similan IslandsWe also provide equipment repair, sales and service for all major technical diving equipment and systems.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I did training as part of BSAC OW practical instructor course with James and BSAC NI Les Skelton.
Absolutely fantastic throughout and they provided the best training I have ever come across. Highly recommended for any BSAC course - the attention and constructive help and feed back was amazing. The Big Blue Tech team were all very very friendly. A great way to do BSAC courses, friendly and pleasant environment and highly skilled instructors! Thank you Les and James.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

absolutely amazing, i can not speak highly enough of Big Blue Tech ! i did my intro to tech with James and Ian and it was honestly the best and most fun course i have done ! but i must worn you TECH DIVING is ADDICTIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
see you guy's soon for more courses

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Well what can I say about Ian and James? They are top blokes who run a great programme and are masters of the double entendre and sexual innuendo. I have done my deep, wreck and nitrox specialties with them as well as my intro to tech. They know how to have a laugh but when it comes to training and procedure they are very professional. On their courses I have learnt so much and have become a more competent and confident diver. I now also count them among some of my closest friends on Koh Tao. Even though i am a smaller than average girl they had every faith in my ability to do the course and once you are under the water everyone is on equal footing anyway. Tech is a brilliant way to progress as a diver and learn new things and there are no better teachers than the boys at Big Blue Tech. Much love your favourite smurfette.

1  Thank IsabellaMac
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I did my BSAC open water course with Big Blue Tech and continued with the sports diver right afterwards. I had an epic time with Ian and James, who are both good and fun lads (even though they kinda forced me to write this review what I normally never do, but for them I gladly do it ;) ). Honestly, I couldnt’t imagine better instructors!

Since most of the people who sign up with BBT do tech diving courses, I was the only recreational diver at that time. That way I had a one-on-one instruction throughout the whole week, which made it a lot more fun than doing a course with five other people where you always have to stick around until you can have a go on a specific skill. Also, this meant we could go wherever we want and do the skills I needed to focus on without worrying about other divers.

So, all in all I can’t recommend them highly enough! Hopefully I'll be back soon

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Arrived early morning off the boat from Samui, met at the port by James (who was to be our instructor) & taken a 5-10 min drive by taxi to Big blue.
Our room was basic tho very clean, with the luxury if air con & a hot shower en-suite.
We settled into our room before meeting up with James over a drink in the great Big Blue bar/cafe right next to our accom block and looking right out to sea, beachfront.
As non divers, we'd chosen the open water course & were handed BSAC manuals to read before our theory lesson the next day.
I was amazed at how friendly & inviting everyone at Big Blue was, all keen to socialise whilst we watched the amazing sunsets out to sea!
The course was taxing as newbies, but explained well & examples given til we understood. James was v patient & thorough which we were quite glad of (we were a little apprehensive about going under water) & we finished the theory section feeling quite relaxed.
Our first day in the water was great - We were v surprised to see so much marine life at such a shallow depth, and were keen to go deeper!
James explained what we might see & gave us the hand signals for the different fish.
All of my dives were wonderful. I soon forgot any apprehensions I had, when I got to see the Nemo fish & to my excitement, a whale shark had been seen on my last day, tho we didn't manage to get from our dive site to where it had been spotted, in time :-(
If you decide to go, they have underwater cameras available for hire & it really finishes the course off, when you can see yourselves enjoying yourselves so much.
Overall, I have to give Big Blue 10/10 & would DEFINATELY recommend them to anyone fancying a go at diving.
Many thanx Big Blue, sure you'll be seeing us again soon!!!!