“Diving and relaxing!!!”

Try Scuba Diving in Koh Tao with Transfer
Ranked #49 of 104 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Carabao Dive Resort is a pioneer of Koh Tao diving. Offering a relaxed style and small groups, in the beautiful bay of Chalok. Direction to our diving boat in front of our Hotel beach We speak and teach in English, French, German and Spanish.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The main goal for me being on Koh Tao was diving. I've signed for Open Water Diver, because I've never done it before. Instructor, Xavier, was just perfect, he speaks very good English! Another thing is I was in a small group, just me and my buddy plus Xavi, so we came very close to one on onapproach and I thing this is the best way to learn how to dive. I felt safe all the time. Highly recommend the school!

There are locateced in really nice bay, not many people, so u can relax and enjoy your free time. Food in near resturat in OK!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"great accommodation"
"great dive experience"
in 2 reviews
"felt safe all the time"
"post dive"

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently went to Carabao and did our SSI open water course. The dive course was an amazing experience. We were the only two in our course at the time, so the instructor (Xavier) was able to provide a very one-on-one learning experience. Xavier is a great instructor and really makes sure you're dive lessons are as enjoyable as they are educational.

There equipment is in good condition, the boat is very nice (freshly painted, lots of space, etc). Carabao is much different than a lot of the other companies like Big Blue, Bans, Crystal as they are smaller, more quiet, and less of a "dive factory" which is really nice. They are located on the south end of the island in a quiet bay which is great for relaxing after the dive. The "big" companies are mostly located on Sairee beach which is super busy, loud, and when we visited it was actually stinky (algae and fish smell). So long story short, we really loved our dive experience!!

On the other hand... the accommodation. Honestly do not stay at the resort!! There are many other places nearby (30 seconds to 5 minute walk away) that are much nicer and really not that expensive. We had a private room than smelt bad, the sheets were actually greasy and stained, and is only cleaned every 2nd day IF you hand in your key in the morning. The water was often very cloudy or orange in the sink and toilet also. The restaurant and bar at the resort are handy for drinks and food after, but at night can be super loud once you are trying to go to bed.

Overall the diving experience is great. The instructors are top notch, the gear is nice, and the boat is in the best condition I saw throughout the island (other boats look dirty, leak oil, crowded, etc). The only downside is really the rooms at the resort, but this can be avoided is you stay elsewhere! There are places very close like the Koh Tao Resort and others that you could easily walk to.

1  Thank Keving02
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We didn't go diving from here so I cant rate the dive center, however the accomadation side of things was awfull!! the sheets were dark brown covered in stains! with only one single sheet to share in a double room, we were to scared to shower as the water stained our skin orange and with it all of clothes which we have now had to throw away. and the smell of the water was disgusting! the toilet was all stained orange very unpleasant!! you couldn't pay me to stay here again!

3  Thank 760MaryJ11
CarabaoDiving K, General Manager at Carabao Diving Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2014

Dear Mary, we apologize for the state of the accommodation and the water while you were staying in the resort.
I can only say that I showed the owners of the resort this complaint and as a result they bought 2 new water filters so the water is clear now.
They also push the hotel staff to take more care of the cleanliness of the rooms.
This doesn't chance anything for you of course, but I thought you might appreciate it to see that we took your complaint and acted to try to make things better.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My friend and I learnt how to dive in Carabao and it was a really great experience.
This diving center was recommended to us by a friend who also loved it.

The organisation and logistic is great, my dive master was awesome too. We learnt how to dive with a strong feeling of security and in the meantime with lots of pleasure!

Carabao have 3 boats in really great shape like all the diving equipment. The location is perfect and we could go to different diving spot very fast.

If you are french, many teachers are too and teach in french of course.