“Awesome Experience !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Carabao Dive Resort
Ranked #39 of 89 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Carabao is one of the first dive centers that opened on Koh Tao. It's a medium sized scuba school with small groups and a great atmosphere. We speak and teach in English, French, Dutch, German and Spanish.
“Awesome Experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

First of all I wanna thanks Marco, our instructor and Guillaume. Me and my friend took the open water course in french. From the beginning we feel in trust with the professionalism of Marco. He's really passionate about diving and that makes the difference.

It's a small school that really feels like a family. Small group so you can make most of it. The equipment was all mostly new. Few people complains about not wanting to study during vacation... But the information given was really interesting, and once in the water it was all worth it ! I 100% recommend Carabao.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good diving school, basic accomodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Carabao diving school is a good one. The instructors are friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. All the safety stuff was well explained and the dive was amazing. Koh Tao really does have beautiful dive sites.

The accommodation linked to the dive school is less good. The rooms are basic and seemed clean. I don't know whether there is a specific problem with the water on the island but the water in the bathroom was an off-clear colour and the toilet was very stained. The bed sheets also seemed greasy? The hotel owner was only sporadically helpful when I had issues.

The bar next to Carabao is cool although it is situated on the quieter side of the Island with no real beach. Taxis to the livelier side of the island are around 100Bhat per person (400Bhat minimum).

Visited October 2013
Koh phangan
“Getting in to the open water! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the good intructers we succeded to get our open water certificate. There is a nice bar and good staff. We liked the openminded way off living and the good diving spots.

Tha Bo, Nong Khai, Thailand
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went to Koh Tao to get certified to dive and could not have had a better time. I originally planned on only getting my Open Water Dive Certificate, but ended up booking an extra 2 days to get my Advanced Diving Certification.

The staff is very knowledgable and friendly. I had Sabrina Si Sadi as my instructor and she was beyond awesome. Her brain was huge and she was a lot of fun to dive with. The dive sites were great as well - providing us with tons of great sea life and clear dives for almost all of them.

The diving is very cheap here compared to many other places around the world. If you're going to get certified, Koh Tao is a good place to start. Carabao has a great staff with good dive sites, and it's a nice place to kick off your diving habit.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Wish I could go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend did our SSI open water here and we had the time of our lives. The course price was cheaper than most on Koh Tao and our accommodation was included, our room was lovely and the best we stayed in in Thailand. The location was great as it was right on the beach, but away from the busy centre of Koh Tao so it was quieter, it had a busy bar and restaurant so you did not need to go far for entertainment! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful when it came to organising the rest of our trip or giving us advice on where to go on the island. We had Dan as our instructor for the course and he made me feel very safe which is a big deal as I was quite nervous to actually do the dives! There was a very professional yet relaxed atmosphere throughout the course. The dive sites were beautiful and it really was the best place to learn to dive, the whole experience with Carabao has made me fall in love with diving. I'd love to go back to do my advanced in the future!

Visited June 2013