“Good food but...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: El Gringo, Ko Tao - Mexican Restaurant
Description: El Gringo, Ko Tao - Mexican Restaurant
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food was quite good, but at least last time the service was OK since they made more than one mistake in our orders for four people. This wasn't helped by having some 4 staff members standing next us in confusion as we tried to explain something was different from what we ordered.

The atmosphere and surroundings are OK, but nothing special.

As I mentioned, the food was quite good but nothing I'll keep thinking about later.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Really dont go in there.. The food have never seen Mexico, and the staff never heard of service.
They actually served a piece of toast half covered with tomatoes. I guess they tried to make bruchetta.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I lioe food and its not often that i dont finish a meal. i took one bite of my glass noodles with seafood and i cringed due to the noodles foul taste. i ate the shrimp off the top and put the plate on the table next to us as the group i was with agreed that the odor was foul. It was really over seasoned i think. Like a previous poster there was a pool of water in the bathroom that made me lose my appetite further. Poor kid coming In had to walk in it barefoot. I wish I had read reviews before coming here.

1  Thank brettwhite85
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went to the restroom before we ate and there was a pool of disgusting water near the kitchen. Looked into the kitchen and it looked even worse. Left immediately.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Order was taken incorrectly to start with, staff aren't particularly friendly but that wouldn't bother me if the food was good but it was horrendous, the worst good we had on our whole month trip to Thailand!
Had Nachos which was a tiny portion, dips awful no taste whatsoever. My partners meal was just as bad and the bill for all this and some water was 550bhat. Steer clear..