“Boff”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: El Gringo, Ko Tao - Mexican Restaurant
Description: El Gringo, Ko Tao - Mexican Restaurant
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Beer was hot , rice was cold service average, and the food was not really good, I try a lot of Mexican restaurant in my life, that one was the worst

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We had been in Thailand 3 weeks and although I love Thai food my partner and I fancied a change and went here for dinner.

We had a burrito and fajitas. Both very nice! The service was actually the best we have had on the island! Drinks order taken first, our dinner arrived at the same time, waiters very good.

Was this the best Mexican I have ever eaten.. No! But keeping a little perspective I am in Thailand not Mexico, and it was very nice! Some reviewers have commented that the standard isn't what it was and I can't comment here, but we had an enjoyable evening. Much more expensive than Thai restaurant prices but I don't think it was that different from other western places (eg pizza etc), it was still far cheaper than we pay at home (London!)

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had lunch here with my girlfriend who had been craving Mexican food for some time now. As a rule Mexican food overseas is not very good, but I actually enjoyed this place. We ate here for lunch and I had the chimichangas. There were three chimichangas and they were smaller than I thought they would be, but the dish came with a good amount of rice and some guacamole. I haven't had guac in a very long time and found this to be tasty. The service was good and the prices were average for the island.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good location in the center of Sairee Beach. They have many seats, so even it is crowded you can find a place to eat. Nice Fajitas, Nachos and fresh salad.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Without doubt the worst steak I have ever had in my life… the ("sirloin" I think) steak that I ordered, was not even a steak. What they put on my plate was like a piece of roast beef folded over to make it look thicker. It was NOT a steak of any description. It was tough and I have no understanding as to why they would even ask me how I wanted it done as it just came out as a piece of dry meat. No juice, no flavour, no texture… no steak. What a joke. This place isn't even cheap!!

Avoid this place like the plague.