“Amazing”

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

All I can say about this place is amazing.... Stayed in the upper villa for two nights with some friends. From the minute we arrived nick, mo and Steve were brilliant anything u wanted was no trouble at all. The views were unreal and I would recommended this place to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you very, very much for the wonderful Tripadvisor review!!! We love to hear that you have a great experience at Monkey Flower Villas, and especially like when you share that experience with friends and the TripAdvisor world!!! We all hope that you will be back as soon as possible!
Koh Tao, Thailand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Thai first
Dundee
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

It is really hard to pick the correct superlatives to describe these villas. If you read the previous reviews you will get the picture. Accommodation , location, vista and staff - all are first class.

The staff Nick, Steve and Mo deserve special mention as they go way beyond 'the call of duty' to make your stay a special one. Not forgetting the owner Lincoln who was a pleasure to deal with.

Seriously give it a try you will not be disappointed!

Thanks again,
Raymond & Judith

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Raymond & Judith,
It was certainly our pleasure to have you as our very special guests! Thank you very, very much for the lovely and positive TripAdvisor review... I will pass your praise on the Steve, Nick, & Mo, I know they love to hear that they were appreciated. I hope that you will be able to come back again as soon as possible!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have just returned from a holiday of a lifetime, and after staying in chaotic and vibrant Bangkok for 3 days we travelled to what can only be described as a paradise island, Koh Tao. After arriving by ferry we gave Steve a call and he came and picked us up immediately and took us to the Monkeyflower Villas ... wow! We had seen the photos of the various villas online, but it does not prepare you for just how stunningly beautiful the villas actually are. We stayed in the Bourgainvellia. It was amazing with it's own outdoor eating area, and the icing on the cake, the infinity edge pool with the most stunning views over Sairee Beach and it is also very private. When we arrived we were met by Nick, the Manager, and he provided us with a mobile phone preloaded with all the contact numbers we would need - Steve, the driver, who will take you anywhere on the island at any time of the day or night (and I do mean any time of the night!) at the drop of a hat, and Nick's number just in case of anything else (didn't look at any of the other contacts, no need). You will not meet two nicer guys, nothing is too much trouble. Nick went over all we would need to know for our stay on Koh Tao, and they even provide a multitude of takeaway menus for various restaurants in Sairee that Steve will go down and collect and take back to you ... again, any time of the day or night! The villa itself is fantastic, with a fully functioning kitchen, including gas cooker rings, micowave, full sized fridge freezer, kettle, plates, cutlery, etc. The bedrooms have every bit of tech a man could wish for too! Air con was very welcome to get a brilliant night's sleep. You are in the middle of the jungle so the noises are amazing and to just chill out by the pool with the view and watch the squirrels jumping through the trees is something I desperately miss! Before we left Nick showed us round the other villas. I thought the Bourgainveilla was amazing, but the Upper and Lower Villia, and the Gardenia are just breathtaking. There were only 3 of us, myself, my partner, and my sister, but if you are travelling with family definitely stay in the Gardenia, and it also makes economical sense and will cost you the equivalent price of staying at a Travel Lodge but get 5* luxury. Location is just 5 minutes drive away from Sairee which has a hundred restaurants (all very good, didn't have one bad meal), the best beach on Koh Tao, various dive schools, shops, and a vibrant or chilled out nightlife depending on what you are looking for. Apologies for the very long review, but I could go on about this place forever! You must stay here if you plan on visiting Koh Tao, I promise you will not regret it! Thanks to Nick, and especially Steve, who took us here there and everywhere, you made our holiday just that extra bit special. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kate G
Thank you so, so much for the absolutely amazing TripAdvisor review! It is our mission and our pleasure to help you have a wonderful holiday experience, and I am very happy that you are a satisfied guest! I will let Steve and Nick now that you have appreciated them in this very special forum, I know it will make their day!!! Thank you very much again, and I hope you will be back again as soon as possible!
Kph Tao, Thailand
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We visited the Monkey Flower Villa in March 2013 and stayed 5 days in the Upper Villa. We had an amazing time, our villa was just wonderful with the best view I have ever seen!!! We cannot thank Nick, his wife and Steve enough!!! They were so friendly, kind and helpful. They even helped us to organise our wedding. Nick’s wife and her friend were so kind that they prepared food for monks instead of us (it is the tradition to donate food for monks before the wedding ceremony and we had no idea which type of food they may like) and even served the food for monks with us. Nick helped us with everything we needed and anytime we needed with a big smile on his face. Steve was so funny and willing to take you anywhere you wanted. He even agreed to help us during our wedding photo-shoot and took us to different beautiful locations on the island. We really cannot thank them enough, they provided exceptional service which I believe was even outside the rage of their duties and responsibilities. We have not got a chance to meet Lincoln but we had been in touch via emails. He was also very helpful and gave us useful advice about the Buddhist wedding. To be honest, if you think about the word luxury, this is what monkey flower villa offers to you; plus they will take care of you as you would be the most important person in the world. I can write many other positive words about them but I would recommend you to try it on yourself. We could not choose better place for your wedding than Monkey Flower Villa. Thank you Lincoln, Steve, Nick and Nick’s wife+friend, we had a wonderful time with you and will come next year again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WOW!!! What a fantastic review, thank you!!! It really is our goal and our pleasure to help make your special time the best it can be. Our philosophy is that we treat you as our Family, and as we would want to be treated as a guest. We are very proud of our excellent customer service, and our reputation for really caring about our very special guests, like you! Steve and Nick are great guys, and I know it is their pleasure to help you have a great time too. I am delighted that you wedding went so well... I married my wife on the deck of the "Upper" villa also, so I know it is an amazing spot for such an amazing occasion. We are looking forward to having you back again, next time on your anniversary!!!
Lincoln, family, Steve, Nick, and Staff
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed April 2, 2014

After a long trip from Bangkok with two heavy backpacks, I got off the ferry in Koh Tao to a smiling, friendly Steve who said "I bet you're a Monkey Flower customer!" He then took both backpacks and took me to my villa. On arrival Nick showed me the accommodation, gave me my curtsey phone and all the information I needed during my stay. I felt at home right away! The villa is spacious, spotless and beyond comfortable. As for the view, it simply took my breath away. During my stay, Steve was always helpful, just a lovely guy. I did have a heatstroke one day and during that evening and the following day, Nick telephoned me to see how I was, what a thoughtful touch. I would highly recommend this oasis of tranquility!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
You guys are AWESOME! Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with the TripAdvisor world! Steve and Nick will really like your review also :). We love to know that you had a great time at Monkey Flower Villas, and I hope that you will be back again as soon as possible!
Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed April 2, 2014

4 of us (2 couples) rented the huge 5 bedroom Gardenia Villa - absolutely perfect and the views were killer from the pool and every room.
Nick and Steve were extremely friendly helpful in every way and we wanted for nothing the entire time (2 nights, not nearly long enough).
Can't rate this place highly enough, believe the hype!

Room Tip: Make sure you explore all the rooms before you bagsy yours!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We love our satisfied customers!!!! It is our pleasure to help make your holiday the best it can be!!! I will pass along your praise to Nick & Steve, I know it will make them smile!!! I hope that you will be back as soon as possible!!M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My family and i started our first few days in the little cute Bougainvilla, its so cute and quirky. There were two bedrooms and a loft :) ALSO your very own infinaty pool. Amazing little sunbathing area too!! We then moved into the lower villa which has 1 bedroom an upstairs bathroom, there was 5 of us but there were beds beautifully made up for us on our arrival. The upper villa was free so lincoln (The very kind ownwer) said we could use a room in the upper villa and also use the pool for free as no one was booked. Let me tell you the view from the upper villa is absolutly amazing you can relax in the pool and take in the breath taking views. This is by far the best place i have ever stayed in & ive been to many 5 star hotels. The quirkyness of the bungalows makes the experience very unique. Thankyou sooooooo much to lincoln for the amazing hospitality it really did make our holiday. We even got to meet lincolns beautiful children music and max and his very lovley wife. WHERE do i start with the WONDERFUL STEVE. Steve is a credit. Steve wil take you anywhere within koh toa and pick you up for free, even if your partying on the beach till early hours. We asked him what time was the lastest we could ring for a lift back up to the villas his reply '' im open 24/7'' Nothing was any trouble for him. I have been coming to Thailand for about 7 years and have only discovered koh toa and i am gutted i didnt find it sooner. We are booking yet another Thailand trip in november and will be staying at monkey flower villas. CANT WAIT :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Wow! Thank you for that very special review! It is always great to hear that we have done our jobs well, and helped you to have a great time. It really is our goal to exceed our guests expectations! It was our pleasure to have you as our very special guests, and we are looking forward to having you back again as soon as possible!
Lincoln, Steve, Nick, & Staff