“Best hotel ever!”

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Toronto
“Best hotel ever!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I honestly cannot say enough good things about the Monkey Flower. From the minute we arrived we felt extremely looked after. Both Lincoln and Steve are very friendly and aim to make your stay unforgettable. Steve is willing to drive you anywhere on the island at anytime, day or night. He took us to the best beaches and recommended some great restaurants, we want to go back to Zest for another sandwich and coffee. The villa itself was huge! There were only two of us but we loved having all the space. The design is so unique and when you look out the window or open the door you get breathtaking views of the beach and ocean. If you stay in the upper villa you will never want to leave! The infinity pool was phenomenal and the view from there beyond incredible. If you are looking for a hotel that makes you feel like you're a movie star then this is the place for you! I know I'll be back here someday when I get married for my honeymoon, it's that amazing!

Thanks for making our time in Koh Tao so memorable!

-Andrea and Sarah

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amontele
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Wow, thank you so, so much for that amazing review! We are very proud of our little place, and of our special customer service, and it is always nice to be noticed this way! I hope that you will be our very special guests again as soon as possible!!!
Lincoln, Family, & Staff
Koh Tao, Thailand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We rented the lower villa, when we arrived we had a few extra persons in our group. The ever brilliant Steve immediately arranged for additional mattresses etc. The villa itself was spotless, with all the modcons often forgotten about in SE Asia. Steve the driver provided everything from local advice to transport at any hour of the day. I would wholeheartedly recommend this villa.

• Stayed August 2013
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very, very much for the excellent Tripadvisor review! We are very proud to be in the number two spot, and working hard to be number one! I hope that you will be our very special guests again as soon as possible!!!
Lincoln, Woonsen, Steve, Mo, & Lawinn
Golden, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

No, no, no, don't tell anybody about this piece of paradise; I want to come back again soon! I can't add much to previous reviews, everything is so excellent here. Thank you, Lincoln and Steve.
The road up is steep; I mean, steep. And, for context, I (an old guy) have recently trekked to Everest Base Camp. But my wife and I adapted by walking downhill (even under the sun; I am mad and/or English) (a twenty-minute walk), then phoning Linclon or Steve for a ride back up to the villa. This worked for all concerned..
Tfhe village area has numerous restaurants, 7-11-type markets, bookshop, and dive places.
The villa had everythibg for the self-caterer. Most of our meals were prepared ourselves. Most of the days we just lounged in or near the pool,or watched some of the 200-odd TV channels. And drank in the wonderful view over the lush foliage and out to sea.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the excellent Tripadvisor review! It looks like we made a mistake, by not showing you the shortcut to the beach, which I am very sorry for. When walking to beach, it is possible to avoid the 20 minute walk down the main road, and instead, take a short path that cuts directly through to the sand... a much safer and more beautiful, five minute walk. I hope that you will come back again soon, and I will personally show you the better way to walk to the beach. I am delighted that you had a wonderful time, despite this oversight! Thank you again for being our very special guest!
Lincoln, Woonsen, Family, & Staff,
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

That is how my two grandkids described the villa...awesome. As part of our family vacation planning we happened to find The Monkey Flower Villa on Tripadvisor and after emailing Lincoln and getting quick and energetic replies to my emails I knew this was the place we were going to stay while visiting Koh Tao. So our family of eight, six adults and two children headed to the island of Koh Tao and the Monkey Flower Villa in late June where we all had a blast.

All of our expectations of the place and the customer service Lincoln promised were met and more.My twelve year old granddaughter couldn't wait to jump off the roof into that refreshing infinity pool from the moment we booked it. Lincoln I hope you checked the bamboo bridge going to the roof top of the villa because this little girl must have worn it out!

I can't add more than what's already covered on Tripadvisor of the place because everyone before us has covered it so well describing the place,the views,the pool, the music room where my son and grandkids had a blast,the large terrace with the lounges,my favorite leather bean bag chairs ,the large bathrooms built around the natural rocks, the suspended bed which my wife and I loved overlooking the bay over the tree tops....it doesn't get better than that.

My wife and I along with my son, his wife and two grandkids stayed on the second floor of the big villa and my younger son and his wife stayed on the first floor of the big villa which is a very large one bedroom unit that can accommodate more as the living area is huge but it's perfect for a couple as is it has a very large and open bathroom built around natural rocks. In fact this lower portion of the big villa was built after by Lincoln to accommodate his mother.

We ate only breakfast there on the terrace utilizing the fridge in the living room and that in the fully equipped shared kitchen behind the lower villa.However one evening we did order in and enjoyed our dinner on the terrace overlooking the bay and the village in the darkness while a full moon was peaking thru the palms.....a piece of paradise that evening.

The personal service as promised by Lincoln was provided in an exceptional manner by a very customer oriented individual in the name of Steve. He was always there for us, helping to select places to go, where to eat, where to get scooters,reaching out to help us back of the big toyota truck and always with patience, smiling and generally the kind of fellow we all wish as a friend....simply a quality person.

The rest of the staff were always there to meet our needs including moving all our stuff from the Bougainvillea where we stayed for our first night including the items in the fridge to the big villa while we were out enjoying Koh Tao.

Our five night stay at the big villa made our vacation in Koh Tao a memorable one and we now enjoy the pics of this fabulous place perched high on a hill overlooking Sairee Beach and the Bay.

Lincoln is a fascinating,interesting and energetic individual who saw the potential of this jungle like hillside and built this one of kind structure that is known as the Monkey Flower Villa.

It is certainly the place to stay on the island!

Room Tip: There is a good view and excellent infinity pool at the Bougainvillea but the best views and most co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrick S
lincsong, Owner at Monkey Flower Villas, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you so, so much for sharing your excellent experience at Monkey Flower Villas with the Tripadvisor world!!! It is really nice for us to hear such a great review too! We all enjoyed your stay very much, and hope that you come back again soon!
Lincoln, Woonsen, Max, Music, Steve, Mo & Lawin,
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We rented the upper and lower villa for our group of 6. Having read all the reviews and looked at the pictures we were expecting something quite special - but it surpassed our wildest expectations. It is a truly unique place to stay - luxurious comfort, quirky architecture, incredible views and customer service that is fab - not to mention the cool music room!! and you've just got to jump off the roof into the pool.

Also, there was always a wee bit of a breeze on the hill, which was very welcome for keeping cool and seemed to help keep the bugs at bay.

Steve made our trip extra special, he was there in an instant to take us all over the island, with great knowledge of the best snorkelling, beaches with shade, organising a taxi boat for the day and getting us a great price as well as recommending the best places to eat. Lincoln was the most chilled business man I have ever come across, he definatley has the right work-life balance, and can be seen motorbiking, smiling with his cool Mom riding pillion.

I would recommend this place to anyone in a heart beat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being our very special guests, and for this lovely review! Please come back again soon!!!
Lincoln, Woonsen, Max, Music, Steve, Mo & Lawin,
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spend 5 great nights in Koh Tao in the most incredible villa we ever stayed in. We had a group of 8 people and we rented the upper and low villa suite. The suite is very large, including the deck area on the 2nd floor, and we were very comfortable with 8 people. Needless to say, the pool is absolutely beautiful as you enjoy the view of the entire Sairee beach and jump off the roof into the pool. But the most incredible part of the villa, is the staff. Steve, the diver, is a great person. So accommodating and friendly. He took us all over the island and recommended places to see. He gave us advise on renting scooters, where to eat, the best places to snorkel, and even offered to get us coffee in the morning. Can't say enough about Steve, he really made our stay in Koh Tao absolutely unforgettable! We did have a little anxiety with the location at the start. The walk down/up to the beach is fairly steep and the villa is a bit secluded, but with a brand new Toyota Hulix and Steve being so friendly, transportation to and from anywhere on the island made the location a positive. Lincoln (owner) is a fascinating and energetic person who made us feel right at home. He and his staff couldn't do enough for us. Just an incredible friendly bunch of people. We looked at some places on the beach, and nothing came close to this villa. We enjoyed being a little secluded rather than on a noisy beach, and with the huge deck and beautiful pool, just lounging the day away is quite easy to do. We really felt like we were living the "rich and famous" lifestyle while we were there. This is a can't miss if you are staying in Koh Tao.

Room Tip: If you want the big private pool and the best view on the property, rent the Upper Villa.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Inthesoo
Wow, what a fantastic review, thank you so, so much! I hope that you will come back again soon!!!!
Lincoln, Woonsen, Steve, Mo & Lawin
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited june 2013. From the moment we got of the ferry Steve, the driver was there to greet us and even bought us ice tea! The drive up the hill is an adventure in the 4x4 (would not suggest walking down or back up) and there is no need to walk it as Steve will take you day and night wherever u need to go as they give you a mobile.we stayed in the top villa with infinity pool which was amazing.the view is just crazy at anytime of day, being our 1st trip to thailand i just fell in love with the place. Cleaners also were great, a married couple who came to check in everyday and happy to do anything for you. Love the main town which is less than 5 min drive. Lotus bar on the beach was my fav as dancing in the sea to some awesome tunes was great. I'd say the only down side of the villas is the lighting, seems a little silly but i really cant fault the place! I had to put my make up on in the cupboard as the lighting is very dim but we told Lincoln (the owner who also built the villa upper and lower and the seperate villa). Licoln was great to speak with and was really happy for the feedback. Very interesting guy to speak with.I felt we were spoiled in our days on koh tao due to the amazing service and i would love to go back!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for writing this review! We know there is always room to improve, so there will be some new lighting in the "Upper" villa, and some other improvements very soon. Thank you for being our very special guests!
Lincoln & Family