Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
Hotels.com$34
eDreams$34
Travelocity$34
Priceline$40
All reviews sairee beach quiet end fon bungalow island ferry paradise huts
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Palm Leaf for four amazing nights and enjoyed every minute of it.

Although located on the busy (relatively speaking, in Koh Tao terms :)) Sairee beach, the fact that this place is situated on the most northern part of the beach, away from the busier parts, makes it feel more like a private beach on one hand, but a short stroll away from all the bars and restaurants.

We had the pleasure of staying in the beachfront bungalow which is more expensive but well worth every baht.

Overwhelming views, clean, kind and helpful staff (we were actually quite shocked to read some of the bad reviews complaining in that regard), this place is a real gem for that price level.

The only real shortfall we could find about the place, was its restaurant. Nothing bad per se, not clean or anything like that, but the food is just not tasty. Once they improve on that front, it'll be very nice as the ambiance is wonderful.

However, the flip side of it, is that it 'compels' you to head out to town (a nice 10 minute walk on the shore) for lunch or dinner. There you will find some of the best restaurants we visited in Thailand.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Palmleaf K, reception at Palm Leaf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Dear Shiri,

Thank you for your positive review at TripAdvisor.
See you and your family again when you visit Koh Tao.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

OK ... So I take a sabatical from work and plan to travel around the world. I see my buddy in Melbourne, AS first then I was off to Thailand. I researched up the gazoo places to stay - my trip was only 7 weeks so I had to keep moving. I decided I wanted 7 straight nights on a beach in Thailand. This time of year I wanted to be Gulf of Thailand side - less monsoon season. Web search, web search, Google, Google etc. Then I start seeing photos of different islands. Once I picked Koh Tao I had to figure out lodging. I looked at everything. I want off the beaten path - but not too much. I'm 52 so not a huge night life kind of guy but I did want to be walking distance to shops, food, the action - but didn't want to hear the mayhem at night. And I like value. And I wanted beach front! Palm Leaf was the bomb and I got the beachfront bungalow 102 I believe for four nights and spent 3 in 202 beach view. It was everything, I mean everything I wanted. Breakfast was great right on the beach, staff was fine - people are weird in their reviews - this is Koh Tao - if you want the Hilton go somewhere else. Try smiling and learning some basic Thai words - that always helps. Anyway I dug this place. What made it even better and was a reason why I went with Palm Leaf - Fon at the front desk. Always smiling, great communication before the trip - perfect in every way. And the highlight - renting her scooter for two days and doing a ton of snorkeling and checking out all the beaches. My favorite part of my trip was doing the Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal and number two was my week at Palm Leaf and just turning over every stone on that island. And the water out front was like a bathtub. Enjoy.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 3ONE8Manzanita
Palmleaf K, reception at Palm Leaf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Thank you for your time to write this review and to hear that you enjoyed your
stay with us.
See you again, when you visit Koh Tao!

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We staied last week for 6 nights in the seaview bungalow and we had a great time.
Very nice an clean room and exellent food.
Thanks to Toni ( owner ) and his mom for such a good experiance.
All staff is very helpfull and we will come back.
Snorkling tour well organized, lots of fish.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Palmleaf K, Reception at Palm Leaf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your positive review of your experience with Palm Leaf Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your 6 nights with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,
Palm Leaf Team

Reviewed June 29, 2016

The location and setting is the best aspect of this resort being right at the top end of the beach away from all the idiots. The service was friendly and accommodating and the wifi was fast and the room was very clean and in good working order. For me the disappointment was the food, it was never great but I had two poor experiences on this trip so decided to call it a day, however there are many quality food options a short walk from the resort so its not the end of the world and will not prevent me from staying here in the future.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

A truly relaxing little resort nestled right on the beach ( foto shows view from our bungalow). Stroll down the beach and you will find restaurant and bars with cussioned seating overviewing the sea. Fire artists at night.
Very friendy people at the resort. A little bar. Room was cleaned daily. Bug bathroom. Not luxury but nicely build bungalows. Very relaxing place.
Nice beach and water.
Bring some good books and kick back.
Recommended!!