All reviewslaundry servicesun loungersbars and restaurantsmini bardive schoolferrysairee
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Koh tao, or Turtle Island, is one of many tastes of paradise that Thailand has to offer. It is full of beauty, activity, and nightlife for those young at heart.
This little island is nestled along the South East coast of Thailand. It is known as a diver’s paradise, but is great for people from all walks of life. From romance to whale sharks, I promise, you will not be disappointed.
The west side is for those looking for a little sleep and relaxation by day. Here you will find the great Sairee beach, where it is busy with restaurants and shops, Soft quiet sandy beaches and lots of fellow travellers by day. By night, bars, clubs come alive, and fire throwers light up the sky. Nightly, there is a Queens Cabaret, a wonderfully entertaining show which is free and a riot! Don’t sit too close to the front if you are shy! Follow the show up with a few drinks at Chopper, the local bar and grill. This is a great place to listen to music and make new friends. Then, it’s time to see the real Koh Tao nightlife at Lotus bar. No matter what the occasion, this bar is always bumpin’. Located right on the water with free nightly fire shows (donations appreciated), you can’t pass it up! Grab yourself a bucket and mingle! Can’t find Lotus? Just listen for music and people at about midnight and you will find your way. Finally, If you are a real night owl and are still looking for trouble, check out Office bar. Office is small and quaint, and full of local divers and friends.
A day trip worth mentioning from Sairee is to Koh NangYuan. You hop on a longtail and enjoy the view for about 10 minutes. You will arrive at a strange wobbling dock that will lead you to paradise! Nangyuan is a serene place where you can really relax. Take a mask, snorkel this amazing inlet, and feed tropical fish by hand! Mae Haad Beach is located just south of Sairee and has countless shops and eateries to explore as well.
Stay at the wind beach resort. It has a GREAT location on the beach, is a fair price, has great food, and the people who work there are awesome!

Room Tip: I like the cabanas near the beach, but the rooms at the back have A/C.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank AlisaP
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My partner and I stayed here whilst visiting the island for a wedding. Absolute bargain for the price we paid. Loved the staff, room and food. There is such a relaxed and inviting atmosphere to the place. Beautiful setting too! We shall definitely return to Wind Beach should we go back to Koh Tao...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We ate here several times as the green chicken curry was delicious and the staff was friendly, it was in front of Sairee beach and had free internet acces. There was also a free pool table and alwas had a nice chilled out atmosphere. The place was offering accomodation as well but we can not review on that. I would recommend this place to eat and chill out.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

So this place is cheap, relatively speaking! We got a room, like the terrace bungalow, not the hut for B1000 per night for 5 nights low season! On first impression the place seems ok, it has AC, TV and hot water! That is about it!
We left after 2 nights, the bathroom wasn't very clean there was mould on the ceiling and the water smelled when it was running. Also on the bed there was a sheet on the bottom and a towelling sheet on top so very rough to sleep under also there were stains on the bed clothes. We were there for two nights and on the room was never cleaned, when you consider that you have to put toilet paper in the bin and not down the toilet (as is common in Asia) this is really disgusting!
There seem to be a lot of staff but I have no idea what they do, when we were at the beach bar they never even offered us a menu and seemed put out when we ordered a drink. There was on girl there who was lovely but that was it we couldn't wait to get out!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rosie_D53
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We booked an air-conditioned room for 3 nights for around 1500 baht / night (not cheap, huh?) When we checked in, we found that the floor of the room is full of sand and the bedsheets looked yellow in color. We doubted that if anyone cleaned up the room...Ok...fine...and then in the middle of the night, I felt quite uncomfortable while sleeping on the bed. When I opened my eyes, I saw a COCKROACH on the bed!!!! I quickly turned on the light and my boyfriend even found another COCKROACH in the toilet!!! Oh my god....we couldn't stand with it at all. Therefore, on the next day, we booked another room nearby which is very clean and tidy. It costs only 1000baht / night. Actually there are many nice hotels nearby offering good rooms.

Undeniably, this "resort" is just next to Sairee Beach which is very convenient in terms of location, but think twice before booking it. If you want to sleep in such a dirty room, go ahead!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple