“Best View and Hospitality in Koh Tao”
Review of Koh Tao Star Villa

Koh Tao Star Villa
Ranked #4 of 153 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed April 13, 2010

The view from Star Villa is unbelievable! Alan and Heidi are the best hosts you can ask for. They picked us up and dropped us off at the ferry, which was super convenient. We were also introduced to their friend Dave, a scuba instructor, who took us scuba diving to some of his favorite spots. I can't say enough about this place -- you really feel at home at this wonderfully villa.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 5, 2010

My boyfriend and i had a wonderful 2 nights staying at Star Villas.
We stayed in one of their lovely spacious apartments which had a plasma on the wall, dvd player and surround sound. The apartment was very clean and our bed was turned down at night. We loved the bathroom with the bricked shower and the dressing gowns hanging up on the wall. The fridge was fully stocked with a variety of drinks which were very cheap compared to the usual mini bar prices.
We were thorughly looked after which we was not expecting from staying in an apartment. Heidi and Alan showed us around and took us to a few bars- Lotus and Vibe bar which were on the beach with fairy lights etc!
We are really glad we stayed here, with Heidi and Alans recommendations for places to visit we felt we saw a lot more than what we might of staying somewhere else.
I would recommend Koh Tao Star Villas to everybody from families to single travellers, it finished off our holiday perfectly!

2  Thank yLucylockett
Reviewed January 26, 2010

It's hard to add any more superlatives than what has already been written about Koh Tao Star Villa. The apartment was luxurious, spacious, tastefully decorated in a contemporary style and spotlessly clean throughout. Added to that there were lots of welcome extras like towelling dressing gowns, satellite tv and an excellent fully stocked fridge. Owners Alan and Heidi were born to be in the hospitality business, both friendly, helpful to a fault and providing service that was second to none. We only wish we could have stayed longer than the four nights. Recommend it? Oh yes.

2  Thank doryjean
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We just debated if this is our favourite accommodation any where and the answer is Yes.

We stayed for 8 nights from 07.01.10 and wish we could have longer. We will back.

The apartments are lovely and stylish with good furniture and fittings and all the mod cons. Great terrace to have a drink in the evening and watch the sun set into the koh tao harbour. Great games room with pool table, and lovely breakfasts available.

Best of all Alan and Heidi are lovely people who will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and happy.

Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stayed in the Star Villa for 8 days based on reviews I read here on Trip Advisor and I couldn't have had a better stay. The accommodation was new, spacious, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The view from the balcony of the apartment was stunning. (The apartments are up quite a steep hill but the hosts offer a free taxi service twice daily so that is not a problem and the location means that you are close enough to access the action on Sairee Beach easily but you are in a peaceful haven in the jungle overlooking spectacular views of the sea - beautiful!) The owners of the Star Villa couldn't have been better hosts. They are so friendly and welcoming that it feels like visiting friends. Their knowledge of the island is better than any guidebook. Thanks to their suggestions we discovered beautiful beaches for snorkeling that were off the beaten track, amazing local places to eat and even a quirky bowling alley that has to be seen to be believed! The service was faultless and they offer breakfast options if you are too tired (or lazy!) to make your own in the well-stocked kitchen. They also replenish the fridge with a range of drinks on a daily basis (and these are offered at shop prices - very generous!) One final demonstration of how the lovely hosts at Star Villa seem to go the extra mile - I couldn't find my favorite Thai dessert (Mango and sticky rice if you must know!) at any of the restaurants on the island and Heidi (the owner) actually cooked up some for me and delivered it to my balcony - a lovely surprise! I would definitely recommend a stay here (I would love to go back!).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I can't give this place a perfect score because I have very high expectations - and I think..."so what is perfection?" ...or ....."what is perfect in life?" But I can relate my experience there. I wont tell you about the amazing views, or the excellent service, attention to detail, personal touches, or the way they go the extra mile for the guest (ie: while I was there they took guest from Ireland snorkeling with them to the other side of the island, invited us to dinner, picked us up at 1:30am on New Years Eve, gave me a new USB chord to play rap music in the room, ordered food at unGodly hours...I could go on and on...), but what I will say is that no place can exceed my expectations - you would need 4 women, three bottles of Glenmorangie, and homemade whipped cream for that - but they are great people, the place is beautiful, and we were sad when we left. Not because the vacation was over, but because we were leaving Heidi, Alan, Moe, Bailey, and No.3. We stayed in another place after leaving our new friends and it only made me appreciate Star Villas more. Minus the girls, scotch, fresh fruit and whipped cream, this place is perfect. If I can be of any help you can email me - dwight dot jackson at gmail dot com

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank maltlinux2
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My stay at Koh Tao Star Villa was the cherry on top to my trip to Koh Tao. The accommodation and hospitality surpassed my expectations. Alan and Heidi (owners of Koh Tao Star Villa) have a way of making you feel like you have known them for years. Not only did they provide assistance when needed while I was in Koh Tao but even before my travels actually began by promptly responding to emails etc. Koh Tao Star Villa is definitely the place to stay while in Koh Tao.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple