“Very good experience”
Review of Koh Tao Star Villa

Koh Tao Star Villa
Ranked #3 of 142 Specialty Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I spent a excellent time there with my wife during our honeymoon. We rent the penthouse for 2 nights. room's big, VERY CLEAN, and the AC worked fine. In summary, Everything is good!!

For services, It's our first time visit thailand, Alan and Heidi are good and professional, especially the breakfast, though it's not included in room rate, but it's good, very good.

I must say it's the top level villa in koh tao.

something bad? NO! If I must say something bad, there's only one suggestion that please don't hold the customers' passport, for insurance, passport copy or cash is ok:)

in the end, say thanks to Alan and Heidi again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Koh Tao Star Villa

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Koh Tao Star Villa in January. We had been in a 5 star resort in Ko Samui previously and believe it or not preferred Alan & Heidi's place to stay.

We loved the ride in the jeep and Alan and Heidi couldn't have done enough for us.

We were so pleased with this gem of a place that we even asked if there was any chance we could stay longer and cancel our next pit stop but unfortunately they were fully booked (and I'm not surprised).

I will be recommending Koh Tao Star Villa to any of my family or friends who are thinking of visiting Koh Tao as they could not have been more hospitable and the rooms were very spacious and had everything needed.

If you are going with children or elderly persons then this is not the place for you but for everyone else, don't be put off by the fact you can't walk to the beach - it's much safer than any other accommodation we came across and Alan gives you a mobile phone on arrival and pretty much acts as your very own personal chauffeur :)

Thank you so much - your villa really made our trip what it was - amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just come back to the UK after a fantastic 6night stay at the Koh Star Villa. I travelled with my husband and friend and we rented out the Penthouse apartment. Prior to leaving for Thailand, We kept in touch with Alan, who was super quick to reply to all my questions. We had never visited Thailand before, so it was all new to us. They were at the port with a sign with our names on, ready to great us. The Penthouse apartment is quite something, you feel like you are up in a tree house. The view is very special and we have great memories of just sitting out on the terrace, watching the boats with a couple of beers. The fridge was always stocked up for us, meaning we didn't have to bring water up from the town every day. It was absolutely immaculate, and had everything we needed to make us feel at home. I think we ordered breakfast nearly every day, bacon omelettes with beans, excellent!! We had a mobile phone with the villa which proved very handy for getting about the island. We used Bon's taxi services for getting to all the beaches and bringing us back up to the villa at night.
Alan and Heidi are perfect hosts, very friendly and down to earth. They did everything to make our stay comfortable and were always on hand for advice on where to eat and visit. The free lifts down to Sairee were brilliant. We would stand on the back of their jeep, ducking under the palms and power lines as we travelled down the bumpy road. We actually looked foreword to it every morning! The dogs were another highlight, they would waltz in un announced when we opened the doors and plonk themselves on the floor next to the dining table. I really missed my dog back home, so we loved having them around the grounds.

One of the other things we lived about Koh star Villa was their green credentials. If you believe you can go through life being wasteful, then Koh Tao is not the place for you. Watch your water usage, recycle everything and don't use the lights and aircon if you aren't in the room, pretty simple stuff and not a "draconian rule" at all.

We absolutely loved our stay on Koh Tao, it's a very beautiful island with a special feel; Heidi, Alan and the dogs are the cherry on top. Can't wait to come back as a group of 8 next year and hire out the whole building! Thank you for the incredible stay, Kylie, Tom and Tom :)

Room Tip: Penthouse is amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Ok from the moment I booked my accomodation everything was very professional.Alan and Heidi were quick to respond and confirm my booking.Closer to my arrival they were straight on the case in order to find out which ferry I was on so they could be there to greet and drive me back to the villa.Upon being met at the port with a big smile I was given the option to ride in the back of the suzuki jeep or sit in the cab, I of course opted for the open back standing holding the rollbar with Alan whilst Heidi cruised back to the pad.Let me tell you I was very impressed ! .I stayed in the penthouse which is the entire top level with a wrap round balcony with paranamic jungle and sea views.Inside it is equipped with everything including a library which is kind of in the loft area with stairs leading up to it.Also there is a fully kitted out kitchen and satellite tv with a media centre with untold selection of entertainment if you decide to stay in and make the most of it for a night.Walking down to sairee will take max 15 minutes but you will be offered transport to and from a couple of times a day along with a mobile phone should you need to contact Al and Heid at all, only time they ask not to is between 630pm-8pm obviously they need there chillout time too!.They also invite you to come along to dinner or drinks when they get out to socialise with there many friends on the island which gives you an intimate experience of island life amongst locals.They are a well respected couple so they have nice friends.Throughout my stay I was very plessed in the way they run there business and the way they treat there guests.I only had breakfast once which was absolutely fine, the reason for this was as I was out early doors to use the gym at the muay thai centre which I walked to that was at the bottom of the hill.At the end of my stay I was happily transported to the port.Ok this is the end of my review it is just my experience of my stay in the penthouse at star villa koh tao.From what I gather Alan and Heidi have made lots of genuine friends through the people that have passed through this place infact there was a lovely couple with a cute baby boy who were there same time as me.I wish you all the best Alan and Heidi and as discussed ill be back from maq !!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank pomac
Reviewed April 21, 2013

There is a beautifully island called Koh Tao, where is unique place, called Star Villas. We stayed in one of their lovely spacious apartments which had a plasma on the wall, dvd player and surround sound. The apartment was very clean and we felt like at home. The fridge was fully stocked with a variety of drinks which were reasonably cheap, compared to the usual mini bar prices.
Heidi and Alan showed us around and took us to a dinner and bowling.We are really glad we stayed with Heidi and Alan's and we are more than happy to give a "top" recommendations for "The place" in KohTao or even in Thailand.

Specially tenx to Alan, who helped us to find good "rent a motorbike" and helped us to have a complete mobility around the island.

Best wishes until next time, Damijan & Ana

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 4 nights. We rented one of the one bedroom apartments. It is beautifully designed and furnished and comes with free wifi and a great tv/entertainment system. Alan and Heidi are wonderful hosts. It's very close to the main Sairee beach town area but you will need transport to and from the apartment. Alan and Heidi offer lifts back and forth during the day and getting a taxi is also easy.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in Alan and Heidi's beautiful penthouse on our first trip to koh Tao and every trip after will be spent here. Unfortunately we only stayed for 3 nights and this was nowhere near long enough. If your thinking about staying here than look no further because you shall not find anywhere that comes close to the service you will receive here. As you have probably read in other reviews Alan and Heidi are lovely and offer a great service along with beautiful apartments and amazing view! We have recommended to friends and hopefully will be returning in the near future

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple