Koh Tao Star Villa
$73
$57
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$131
$108
$249
$124
$114
$96
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$66
$39
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$45
$36
$55
$41
$96
$70
Agoda.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelocity
$148
$137
Agoda.com
All reviewsalan heidithe penthousegreat hostssairee beachfridge was stockedmobile phonefree taxi serviceentertainment systemwonderful staymain townbeautiful islandincredible viewswatch the sunsetthought of everythingview from the balconystayed longerjungle
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this modern 1 br apt . The linens are fresh, the mattress firm, and the towels, ah, the towels. Deep and rich; very luxurious. (I know that sounds corny, but the last 'nice' place we stayed in had thin, worn, ragged towels). We bought food downtown to make our own breakfast, but the last two days, we opted for Heidi to make and deliver our breakfast. The french toast was delicious. There's plenty of room in the apartment. There's a sound system and tv. There's a game room on the lower level with a pool table and dartboard. The views are breathtaking. The hosts are very accommodating about rides to and from town; they go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. They give you a phone to use, making it very convenient to call them for a ride. Spent the days snorkeling. No diving. I felt like I was in a giant fish tank. Koh Tao had a lot of young people and backpackers and we were happy to be a bit removed from all the hubbub in town. Star Villa provided us the privacy we needed and we were very, very pleased with our decision to stay here. I would highly recommend Star Villa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Where to begin?? Firstly I have to apologise to both Alan & Heidi, You were the worlds best hosts and it's been far too long since my stay. I actually wanted to post a review when I first got back, however due to my severe laziness it's been left up until now.

Me and a friend of mine stayed at Star Villa in January, we were on Koh Tao for around about three weeks, all of which we spent staying at Star Villa. Our aim was to land on the island and surprise a couple of friends that are living on the island. To start, when planning our travels, we were deciding the best way to surprise them, deciding on taking a video with messages from loved ones, we figured trick them up to Star Villa, with them thinking they were being offered some work, show them the video, and jump out at them to give them a hell of a shock. This could have been difficult, however fortunately for us both, Heidi and Alan are absolute legends and were more than happy to help. They basically tracked our friends down, and helped us execute our plan with near military precision, AMAZING!!!

And that was just for starters... The Villa is luxury, I've stayed in some nice places before, but nothing really compares, the place has an aura about it like no other. Although there are various view points around the island, It's basically a view point in itself, and it's one of the best views you can get on the island, in fact it actually does have its own view point, if you ask nicely enough, and you don't mind climbing a bit of a boulder, then you will experience your own private view of paradise, it took our breath away!!

The apartments have everything you need, including TV, media player, wi-fi, kitchen, luxury bathroom, lush bedroom, and there is a games room with one of the best pool tables on the Island (Let me tell you Alan, it's not over) if there's something you need, and Alan or Heidi will endeavor to help, at times even going out of there way, to make sure we had the best time. There's also a fridge which is kept full at all times with all kinds of drinks and snacks, and it's extremely reasonable, awesome!!

It is a little way from town, but your talking 5 minutes on a bike, and it's one of the best drives you could ever possibly wake up to, it's not a long walk either, if only I could walk that walk everyday!!

I'm sorry this is a long review but it's hard to put it all in words, basically if you are going to Koh Tao whether it's for a day, a month or more then you should only stay at Star Villa, I missed it before I even left. the apartments are fantastic, the host's are even better. May I say if your thinking "Maybe we should spend a bit more and stay in the penthouse" DO IT, my god we had a sneaky peak and it looks unbelievable.

I cant wait until I return

MattH UK

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2012

The 5 nights we spent in star villa was the most amazing time we had in our whole trip to thailand. star villa located only few minutes away from sairee beach. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Isa_bhr
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We decided to try to find the villa ourselves, by renting a motorbike and roaming around the hills, something which proved to be harder than expected. When finally reaching Alan on his phone, he came to pick us up in his jeep. When arriving at the villa, both me and my wife were very disappointed about the location. It is quite far up a steep hill, and we thought it would be closer to Sairee. We contemplated changing hotels - having booked an entire week - but decided to give it a try for one night. We enjoyed the apartment and excellent sunset, and decided to stay. We rented a larger 250cc bike to tour the island, which also helped with getting up the steep hills to the Star Villa.

On our second day, we were truly happy we had chosen to stay. The standard of the Star Villa is miles beyond most accommodation on Koh Tao, with more of a western europe villa feeling than the regular island bungalow one is used to on Thai islands. The trip up to the villa started feeling both short and refreshing, and getting away from the sound of beach bar music and drunk backpackers is a main feature of this location.

Alan and Heidi were excellent making us feel at home, inviting us to a barbecue party in the lovely garden, taking us to a hidden restaurant in the jungle etc.

We can highly recommend the Star Villa to anyone looking for the highest standard available on Koh Tao.

• Stayed: March 2012
AlanCassarKohTao, Owner at Koh Tao Star Villa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Hi Guys.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Star Villa.

It is true that Star Villa is off the beaten track and so we are quite hard to find. I am sorry that you had this experience. For 98% of our customers it is a very easy process - they tell us when they will be arriving on Koh Tao and on which boat, and we meet them at the pier. Unfortunately agoda do not provide us with a contact email address for customers that book through them and they seem unable to make this communication on our behalf. It is an issue that a number of hotel operators on the island have to cope with.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you soon realized that our location is one of the great things about Star Villa. We are just 3 minutes by scooter, 5 by our free taxi, or 15 on foot from Sairee but that short distance makes a world of difference - the breeze, the slightly lower temerature, the peace and quite, the direct contact with the nature that surrounds us and the unforgetable views of the Gulf of Siam and the surrounding jungle. All of these things combine to make Star Villa a unique place to stay and it is great that you made that connection.

We look forward to seeing you both again.

Alan & Heidi

Reviewed March 29, 2012

All I can say about this place is that it is amazing. The apartments are five minutes from town, the perfect distance to be able to go out, but then escape the town when you need to. As for the apartments themselves excellently finished and have all the latest mod cons, in fact they are more equipped than my house at home!! The view is quite simply incredible and sitting out while the sun set slowly over the horizon felt like a dream most nights.
Alan and Heidi are brilliant as well, in fact they felt more like friends within minutes of getting of the ferry. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable, they know everybody in town and know where to get the best deals for bikes, best places for diving and all the top restaurants. More than this though they are both brilliant, they’ll make sure your time on the island is stress free. Mo and Bailey are superstars of the dog world. Mo is a legend and he can often be seen at the Muay Thai fights after wondering down on his own, if he knows you from Star Villa he’ll always say hello! And Bailey is one of the nicest clam and dopey dogs ever. Both are great dogs. (Have I just written more about the dogs than Alan and Heidi, they said it would happen!!)
Basically there is no where else to stay when you are on Koh Tao, everything about Star Villa is brilliant, I had to delay my leaving date 3 times because I couldn’t bring myself to leave!! Loved it, loved everything about it. Thank you SO MUCH Alan and Heidi it was wicked, (thanks to Mo and Bailey more though ; ) !)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends