Ao Muong Resort
$55
$81
$55
Travelocity
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$41
$39
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
Priceline
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$186
$149
Priceline
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$34
$32
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I am a Thai, and always enjoyed the seaside trips. I have gone to many islands and beaches all over the country. I heard of Koh Tao some times back, but have never been there until now. Four of us chose to stay in this resort because we wanted to get away from the busy corner in Mae Haad Pier area, and heard from those who had been to the resort that it is worth the price. We stayed there from May 3 to 6.

That proved to be right for two reasons. First, the hotel staff are friendly, helpful, attentive and caring. They treated all guests the same whether or not you are Thai or foreigners. They recommended how to enjoy our vacation in style such as renting boat to take us on a one-day tour around the island (which is better than buying a one day tour that you have to follow where the tour operator wants to take you and you're not free to do things at your own pace). They told us they could prepare any Thai dishes that we like. With no hesitation, we asked for southern Thai seafood (because we were now in the south of Thailand). They surprised us by preparing great southern Thai seafood dishes fresh from the sea for our group.

Second, it is a location advantage. From the restaurant, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the bay view all day: morning, afternoon and sunset. The resort is well situated in a great location, on the secluded beach with the crystal clear water, and sandy seafloor giving the water a beautiful turquoise hue. I was challenged by the hotel staff that no other beach will offer the best diving sport as the one here in the resort. After we went on a one day tour around the island, and I can attest that this is the same true. This resort has the best diving spot in Koh Tao, with the best and beautiful coral reefs and different species of fish. The next day, I went snorkelling in the morning, afternoon and before sunset. It was wonderful experience. Snorkel gears are provided free of charge at the resort as well.

When I told the hotel staff that I happened to step on coral reefs and got cut on my toe, the hotel staff came to help clean the wound. I have never experienced the great hospitality like this from anywhere or any other hotel staff (even 5 star hotels). On our last dinner at the resort, the hotel manager himself went inside the kitchen to cook for us. We were speechless and feel so wonderful how well we were treated. It is not something that he has to do, but he and the staff are willing to service and do things beyond our expectations. I truly think that this resort is selling HAPPINESS because they want every guest to be HAPPY customers when they check out.

Now if I plan to go on the beach for holidays, Ao Muong Resort will be on top of my mind. I will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: Try to reserve deluxe sea view, or bungalow number 2 or 3 because it is an easy walk from the beach and restaurant. You can get a great view of the entire bay (Ao Muong Bay).
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank bcc131
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I am Thai and always bored with the way of treating Thai visitor by many of popular resorts.(like a second class and worship foreigner as a God!) But here, wow, staff are so nice, helpful and service you at reasonable price.
Of course, whoever, you will be treated the same and that make you feel good. The location is somewhere extraordinary, i can guarantee. Will come here again very soon. This place is perfect for anyone who need a real relaxation, nice scenes and nature!

Stayed: March 2557, traveled solo
4  Thank noppadol r
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Entering the Mango bay for the first time felt like a dream. All the crew welcomed us warmly and and was making sure we had everything we needed throughout our stay. The food was tasty, and the view spectacular. You should go snorkeling, the masks are rented out for free. The hotel is quietly located on the hillside, and is pretty much cut off from the rest of the island (which to me is part of the charm). If you feel like a little more action, you can always take the free shuttle boat to the cosy little town. The bungalows are nice. They have no credit card terminal on site, so I paid at their office in town. I had an amazing time.

Room Tip: Pick the bungalow. The standard and superior rooms are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank jomzen
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Just finished a 3 night stay here, had a fantastic time! The hotel is about a 30 minute boat ride from the main port so is very secluded. Electricity is only available in the evenings but this just adds to the charm. The food's great, wifi is quick and the service fantastic. The owner is the nicest man you will ever meet and is very hospitable. We did some fantastic trips over 3 days, the highlight was going to shark bay and snorkelling with black tip reef sharks, a must! If you want to get away from the tourist areas and relax this is the place!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

my wife and i just stayed here 27/12/13-2/1/14we had a great time found the staff and owner extremly helpful and friendly the food was great i ate thai and wife said best chicken and chips she had ever had,the bungalows were great very clean and tidy ours had views to the bay.access to the resort was a bit of a trek through jungle only 10 mins but this was only because sea was a bit rough and the boats couldn't run staff carried all our bags down for us so no problems!!.we thought this place was paradise and unusaully for us we will definately return nothing was to much effort for these guys and we were made to feel very welcome thanks jo and all the staff especially manwell the lad behind the bar!!hopefully see you in august dave and claire

Room Tip: try to get sea views if available
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple