All reviewsbeach sideaccommodationislandnightlifecourses
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Big bathroom, with huge shower head and great water pressure. After such poor pressure at previous hotels, you come to appreciate something so minor. The only issue was that the shower drain was poorly situated and the shower pooled with water in the base so I had to continually sweep water into the drain, towards the end and after the shower. Other than that, hotel facilities were of a good standard. Pool was nice, although over populated with training divers (even though they had their own pool) at times. Staff were always friendly and helpful. The wifi was only available in the hotel reception area, which is a bit of a bummer but overall, I'd recommend this hotel as it was clean and close to the main Sairee strip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am currently in the hotel lobby writing the review just now as I cant sleep because there is an army of ants all over my bed and the whole room. When we first told them they took the keys went to the room with bug spray and that was it didn't even bother to change the sheets. The second time I went I found more ants went back to reception and told them I could not sleep in beside all those ants and that I had to be up early for diving. They said there was nothing they could do. I asked to swap room or for a refund back so I could go to another hotel but couldn't do as they said the reception was locked, where they managed to get the bug spray from 20 mins earlier. Not helpful at all. There was also no wifi in the rooms only lobby and the mosquitoes are really bad here too. I would avoid not worth the money there is better around for the price.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We did our open water certificate with seashell. We originally chose them, as they were one of the only company's to give us a discount for previously doing discover scuba diving, and it was a fantastic choice. Our instructor Anna was very experienced and made you feel very comfortable in the water. As one of the instructors was sick she had to take more people in the group than expected (usually they only have small groups under 4 people for open water certificates) but still managed to give everyone the attention they needed. She was also great fun! Seashell also are one of the earliest company's leaving for the dive sites in the morning which means there are a lot less boats and people at the dive sites when you arrive. Which is great. Overall an amazing experience. Thank you Seashell and Anna!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

stayed in this resort for two nights as part of a group tour, our room was nice and big, the bathroom was huge and it all seemed very clean, only issue was the room smelt slightly of sewage..the others on our tour informed us their rooms also smelt a bit off, we did change rooms and the smell was still there but not as bad. however, we weren't in our room much so this wasnt a huge problem for us. the pool was lovely and it was just a 30 second stroll to Sairee beach, which is stunning. ate in the restaurant one night as they were doing a BBQ and the food was lovely!! Overall, was pretty good for what we paid.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with 10 friends and family. Staff couldn't care if you were there or not , breakfast was awful and crawling with ants. We never risked eating at the restaurant as it looked poor. Rooms were basic and not the cleanest. The only good thing was central location.

• Stayed: April 2013