All reviews beach side accommodation island nightlife courses
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Few nights here in April. It's in a good location (near to the nightlife but still quiet) and very near beach. Large and clean pool. Friendly staff and good value.
Good breakfast buffet with everything you'd expect.

Highly recommend the street vendor selling pancakes on the road outside!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Like many others, I arrived on Koh Tao without much idea where I was going to be staying.
A friend on the island recommended I check out Seashell, as I wanted to get back in the water.
I found Seashell Divers to be extremely well set up, with a fantastic attitude to diving, island life and the boss has a killer music collection.
All the dives were run with great kit, proper organisation and an eagerness to get the best from each dive trip.
The accommodation given as part of my courses was clean, basic, and seconds from the beach.
Many thanks to all involved.
Easy 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I took our open water diving course at seashell in March 2012 and absolutely loved it! I slacked off on writing a review but a year later after visiting another dive site I was motivated to write how awesome they were!! Our instructor, Jo, was amazing and really made diving fun and made me feel very safe at the same time! We were lucky enough to be there in the off season and had our own private class with her and had so much fun! She made sure that we learned everything we needed to in order to feel confident with our diving skills (and I am a pretty anxious person!) and also taught us all about the fish that we would see and the surrounding area so that we knew exactly what to look for while diving. The equipment was all really well maintained and all of the dive instructors were friendly and knowledgeable. We hung out with them and had beers after our dives and just loved the environment that seashell provided!

Because we were there in the off-season they offered us a free cabin while we took our course which was air conditioned and very nice! They didn't clean it every day but it really didn't matter! The pool was a little warm because it was so hot out but there were comfy chairs with umbrellas to relax under and the beach was right there and absolutely gorgeous! The location was perfect, very close to fun bars and restaurants and the seashell dive staff always pointed us in the right direction!

Room Tip: Pay for the air conditioner, it's totally worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great location but unfriendly staff. The breakfast was average and the rooms were nice but filled with Mosquitos and our air conditioning was broken - stuck on one setting. Don't eat at the restaurant was disappointed (not authentic thai) good pool and good for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've stayed at Seashell divers a in September for one week.
I really liked the resort, there is a lot of room to choose from and depending on your budget you can spoil yourself or go on a footprint.
The swimming pool area is really pleasant and the resort is right on Sairee beach so you can even leave you things at the pool and go for a swim in the sea. I appreciated that they have a special pool for divers as it's not really convenient to enjoy swimming with divers under you!

The staff in the dive center were really friendly. It's nice in Koh Tao to be able to dive in small groups as the dive sites are already crowded so you don't want to be in a group of 10 divers! If you are an experience diver then Koh Tao is not the best place to dive as pretty much everything is destroyed already but there is a few dive sites that are really nice like Chumpon and South west. Seashell goes to those places really often so you can check with them when is a good day for you to go diving! Of course if you are lucky enough to see the whale shark then it's really special. I've heard as well that they is a few bullsharks around but I haven't been lucky enough to see those. I still enjoyed the dives as it's always nice to be under water.

I will recommend my friends to stay there if they are going on Koh Tao.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo