Lowest prices for your stay
$57
$26
Priceline
$32
Hotels.com$57
Travelocity$57
CheapTickets$57
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2012

On arrival in koh tao me and my bf decided to check out a few of the different dive shops in the Sairee beach area. In comparison to the others we visited Jeff in the seashell office was by far the most informative about the course and all that it entailed all the other shops pretty much told us the cost and give us no info whereas Jeff went through all daily course info. He also advised us we could see our rooms before making a decision something none of the others offered. The rooms that are included are basic fan bungalows which are more than sufficient to sleep comfortably in. The next morning we started our dive instruction wih trystan. We couldn't have had a more helpful instructor and an extra bonus was that it was just us two on the course(max group size is4) meaning that we had plenty of time to get everything right meaning that it was a more personal experience rather than just being churned out of a dive factory. When we got out into the open water we both had our panicked moments but trystan was always there with a helping hand to keep us calm and get ready to keep going. Another great point was that all the other instructors were really friendly always making sure that everything was okay and asking if we enjoyed the experience. We couldn't have asked for a better first dive experience.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Finn89
Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we arrived at Koh Tao we looked for a nice pampering place to stay in. This was not a good choice - the service was bad, the atmosphere was worse. we left after one night. Although the rooms are large and clean, the place is not well maintained and the staff does not seem intersted in the providing service.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank gili m
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Thailand is known for the service with a smile. You are definitely not going to find it here. I find the staff rather rude and have no service attitude whatsoever. I had to haul my own bags all the way to the room. This is not what I expect especially when I am being charged USD100++ a night. I booked the Sea view deluxe room... And the sea view is rather misleading. U can only see the sea when u are standing close to the edge the balcony. I am not sure that qualify it as 'sea view'.

Not withstanding the above, the room is quite nice. After all it is USD100. Which is a tad high for Koh Tao standard. The fridge and few of the lamps was not working. They did take care of it after my complaint.

The "free wifi" is only free in the public area (lobby). You need to pay for in room access.

Also the breakfast voucher need to be collected every morning. I have had hotel issue them all at one go or deposit the next day voucher in the room when they are doing housekeeping. So I really cannot understand why the fuss.

In conclusion, expect bad service when u come here. I did not see their cheaper room so I cannot comment. The location is great. So book it if it price is low. Definitely not worth paying the amount I paid for it.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ChloeC_KL
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We came to Seashells to become Padi certified open water divers and for that it was fantastic., the staff are patient and very proffessional. The accommodation for the duration of the course is free so yes it's not luxurious but it's a roof over your head. If you want to stay beachside in the much nicer villas you can upgrade but if you too are comming here to dive you should be cheering that the accommodation is free!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a lonely planner recommendation!
Where to start.... On arrival we were shown to a room! It was not the room we had payed for and we complained! The staff were rude and not interested even tho we had paperwork! They basically said like it or go somewhere else!
The pool is dirty and is used by the divers!
The breakfast is ok but the restaurant has flies, dirty toilets and poor service.
The BBQ in the evening looked good but the chicken was raw!
We only stayed 3 nights the. Decided to move on we asked for a taxi at 930. We checked out at 9.25 but it took 10 mins to check the room so the taxi left! They didn't tell us it was there and then blamed us! Again the staff were rude and basically said go to tele main road and sort it out yourself!
Overall poor poor poor and very rude staff! I don't recommend it!

Date of stay: August 2012