“My Open Water Dive course was led by Jon Densham, an excellent and most passionate instructor who gave us his personal and undiv”

Dive Point - Koh Tao
Ranked #51 of 100 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Point Koh Tao opened its doors in the 1990s for diver and students. Koh Tao is a scuba diving paradise situated at the western end of the Gulf of Thailand. The dive center is located in Mae Haad the main town on the island Koh Tao. Dive Point Koh Tao has taught thousands of students and showed countless fun divers the beauty of the dive sites around Koh Tao. Our facilities have been modernized to streamline our services for you the customer. So at our modern and streamlined Dive School you will only find well trained and experienced Divemasters and dive Instructors who adhere to our high safety standards!
Reviewed January 16, 2013

All in all Dive Point was a great recommendation for diving and I would recommend them to anyone heading to Koh Tao for diving.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was not sure about diving again as my last dive was 7 years ago and nervous, however John was very re-assuring and really through with his refresher course I was soon diving with confidence. Dive Point in Koh Tao also has the nicest purpose build diving boat on the island and it makes a huge difference before, during and after diving experience. Highly recommended

Reviewed December 30, 2012

A week diving with Dive Point associated to Dive @ Charm Churee.... 1st thing 1st, this is not a diving boat, this is THE diving boat, diving on it is just a pleasure..... Next to our mind is the professionalism yet friendliness of all the staff. If you are in serious diving, this is the place for sure. When you dive with a 11 yrs old OW, that counts. 3rd is the knowledge of the dive spots. Two dives @ Chumpon Pinnacle, one whale shark with us for 45 minutes.... fantastic day trip to Sail Rock with a great underwater movie from Andreas as the cherry on the cake. Too much to tell and most are memories imprinted in our brains.
See you guys in 6 weeks, back for Chinese New Year !

Leo & the gang

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have to admit that Dive Point on Koh Tao has a real big advantage, their boat!
It's 27 m long with 3 levels, equipment room (no carrying bags), chill out area, dry room, toilet, 2 on-board compressors, 2 fresh water showers as well and plenty of space. Diving with luxury.
It is so nice for the Sail Rock trip on Fridays!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Dive Point was recommended to me by friends who had lived on Koh Tao for 6 months. They described Dive Point as the most professional diving operation on the island, and that it was small enough to care about your individual diving experience. They definitely had the best boat that I saw, as while most boats were either small or nothing more than benches and tank racks, Dive Point's boat had a small lounge, a basic but large sun deck, and free tea/coffee/fruits/breakfast. The dive masters and staff were very friendly and experienced, and after my first day everyone knew me by name. The gear was fine, the diving was good, and despite all these advantages I was surprised to find that both their recreational dive and training prices (in low season anyhow) are among the lowest on the island.

The Koh Tao diving scene is unique - the majority of divers who come here have never been underwater before, and want to get their basic OW cert as fast and as cheap as possible. All diving operations on the island cater to this market. US$300 and 2.5 days, and you're done. Anywhere else in the world these prices and pace are considered insane. But recreational diving is both enjoyable and extremely fun here and that's pretty great.