“The best boat on Koh Tao”

Dive Point - Koh Tao
Ranked #49 of 92 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Point Koh Tao opened its doors in the 1990s for diver and students. Koh Tao is a scuba diving paradise situated at the western end of the Gulf of Thailand. The dive center is located in Mae Haad the main town on the island Koh Tao. Dive Point Koh Tao has taught thousands of students and showed countless fun divers the beauty of the dive sites around Koh Tao. Our facilities have been modernized to streamline our services for you the customer. So at our modern and streamlined Dive School you will only find well trained and experienced Divemasters and dive Instructors who adhere to our high safety standards!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best boat on Koh Tao”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have to admit that Dive Point on Koh Tao has a real big advantage, their boat!
It's 27 m long with 3 levels, equipment room (no carrying bags), chill out area, dry room, toilet, 2 on-board compressors, 2 fresh water showers as well and plenty of space. Diving with luxury.
It is so nice for the Sail Rock trip on Fridays!

Visited November 2012

Matred Libya
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Love Diving in Koh Toa”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Dive Point was recommended to me by friends who had lived on Koh Tao for 6 months. They described Dive Point as the most professional diving operation on the island, and that it was small enough to care about your individual diving experience. They definitely had the best boat that I saw, as while most boats were either small or nothing more than benches and tank racks, Dive Point's boat had a small lounge, a basic but large sun deck, and free tea/coffee/fruits/breakfast. The dive masters and staff were very friendly and experienced, and after my first day everyone knew me by name. The gear was fine, the diving was good, and despite all these advantages I was surprised to find that both their recreational dive and training prices (in low season anyhow) are among the lowest on the island.

The Koh Tao diving scene is unique - the majority of divers who come here have never been underwater before, and want to get their basic OW cert as fast and as cheap as possible. All diving operations on the island cater to this market. US$300 and 2.5 days, and you're done. Anywhere else in the world these prices and pace are considered insane. But recreational diving is both enjoyable and extremely fun here and that's pretty great.

Visited October 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Good value and professional”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I did 2 fun dives with dive point whilst in ko tao. As a certified diver I can't speak for the quality of courses but for fun diving it seems good. I got picked up by motorbike from my bungalow and got driven to the centre around 7am. They have early starts but it means getting to sites before all the others.

I sat around a bit, then they called us to the small tender. Apon arriving at their dive boat, we set off straight away to the site (chunpon pinnacle). I liked that all the equipment was already on the boat - some centres have you carry it from the dive shop. There was a dry room to keep your things and an area at the back with kitchen and seating.

The divemasters and crew helped with kit set up and problems I had well. The dives went smoothly and slowly and they covered the briefings in detail.

They served breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast between dives which is a nice touch.

I paid 800 baht per dive which is around mid range for ko Tao. (min 600 max 1000)

Although I hear some resorts charge 2500 for 2 dives, so you have to watch out!

On a different note: there is an on site restaurant called paprika which serves various dishes. I only ate there one night, however the curry I had was of top quality. I had a Thai style Indian sauce which I loved as these are my two favourite cuisines combined...

Overall they run a tight ship with German efficiency, it is well run and they are friendly. Not a bad dive shop...

Johannesburg
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Thai lady DM on Dive Point Boat”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This review is not about Dive Point itself but one of the dive masters who work for them. We dived with Char Churee Dive Centre who share the boat with Dive Point and had the unfortunate pleasure of meetiung this woman. The Dive point Boat is great and I cannot rate their service as we did make use of it. But we did come into contact with one of their dive masters.This so called Dive Master that works for them is extremely rude and has an air of arrogance to match. Our group have dived in many places around the world and with many companies and we are yet to meet such a sour and unlpeasant woman as her. Fortunately for us we did not have too much to do with her but would advise any diver that she should be avoided as it seems you are just too much trouble for her. Fortunately for us we were with the excellent crew from the Charm Churee Dive centre and had Merlin ( who is a Hoot) as our DM.

Dive Point more specifically Frank .......... we did not use your services and after this probably would not. You need to sit this lady down and explain to her that it costs nothing to smile and be polite which in itself is a serious contrast to every other Tha person that we met whilst on holiday in Thailand. REMEMBER, the money we spend as tourists pay your salaries!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank JohannesburgBretski
Munich, Germany
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“A word of correction”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely can't agree with divepoint74's statement about Frank being rude. Did 12 dives from his boat and whenever he was around, he was very friendly and helpful!