“Great value, great setting, great food. Busy though.”
Review of FIZZ beachlounge

FIZZ beachlounge
Ranked #15 of 213 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Cuisines: Thai, International
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located right on Sairee beach, We have restaurant seating as well as beanbags on the wooden decking and more relaxed beanbags on the sand.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I visited again just last week (first time in a year) and what stood out for me was that I always used to have the perception that this place was a touch more expensive than other restaurants in the area when it came to thai food, but it appears to have frozen its prices and other places have caught up, and now its infact very competitively priced.

I had my usual and it did not disappoint. Penang Curry and BROWN rice! Awesome. Great sized dish and one of the only places to serve brown rice.

My friends had a range of different dishes but the tuna steak was particularly mentioned as being excellent. Every one was happy and impressed and we tried to go back just a few days later but it was full and there didn't seem to be a waiting list like there would be in a european restaurant. That is the only negative I can draw against it though. On that occasion we had to go eat elsewhere.

I'm already looking forward to my next time in Fizz though and will try and book ahead of time next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Came here for dinner with a group on the night before my 30th birthday (the reason for the trip to Thailand). The beanbag chairs, torches and music created a lovely atmosphere, but the service was easily the worst we had in Thailand - slow and quite rude. We decided not to let it ruin our night as we were enjoying the view and our food...until...

...a few hours later back home, my Massaman curry and brown rice decided to make another appearance. For the next 24 hours I was VIOLENTLY ill, and spent my entire birthday in bed or in the bathroom.

For a restaurant that so clearly caters to a western crowd, I expected better sanitation and hygiene standards. There are much, much better places to eat on Koh Tao.

Avoid.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had the fish sandwich which was pretty tasty, but we felt like the menu was somewhat limited. Great location right on the beach with cool "chairs" and lighting. We only went once, not really worth a return visit in our week on the island.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

i often eat at Fizz, they make very nice food and the burgers are simply the best burgers you can find in koh tao. very nice location and atmosphere, but the music is a bit too loud, so it's hard to have a conversation.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

A first class cocktail bar in serene settings, we came here after a night out and it is a lot more chilled out than some of the other bars In koh tao top class cocktails. A little ore expensive than other bars on the island (170 bahts) but the cocktails are great and sitting on bean bags by candle lights is refreshing from some of the other places on the island.