“A great diving experiance :-)”

Scuba Junction Diving Co. Ltd
Ranked #8 of 90 Tours in Koh Tao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Centrally located on Koh Tao’s beautiful Sairee beach, Scuba Junction specializes in providing a friendly & personalized service, highly rated by Trip Advisor, Lonely Planet & i-escape. With + 20 years experience & staffed by a team of experienced, multilingual professionals. Scuba Junction is a PADI 5 Star Centre offering courses for all levels of diver, from beginner to professional. Exclusive benefits include: • Cheap dive insurance • Maximum group size of 4 • Discounted accommodation in clean, quiet resorts • 2 x swimming pools • New scuba equipment serviced on site by certified equipment technicians • Free dive computer use • Restaurant • Massage Parlour • Free optical lenses • Free wifi • Free taxi transfers
Koh Tao, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great diving experiance :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My boy friend and I visited Koh Tao in Febuary and had been recommened Scuba Junction by some friends who had done their Open Water course with them the year before.
We found it an all round great experiance. We did 6 fun dives in the time we were there and found the staff very friendly and professional. We were given dive computers for all our dives at no extra cost and all the equipment we used was top quality.
The captain and his son on the boat were really helpful with getting us on and off the boat and our dive guide knew where to find an amazing aray of marine life from tiny shrimp to turtles :-)
We would love to go back next year will will definately be diving with Scuba Junction.
Thank you Scuba Junction for a great diving experiance :-)

Visited February 2013
1 Thank lorraynegaymer

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What an amazing experience..!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently visited Koh Tao for a couple of weeks on holiday with the expectation of tasty food, welcoming people, spectacular sunsets and unrivalled reefs to dive within, and I'm very pleased to say that these expectations were all surpassed.

I can't thank 'Scuba Junction' enough for making my first time diving experience one that I shall never forget..!!!! As to be expected I was a little nervous on my first dive which was an open water adventure dive, however after a thorough and more importantly reassuring tutorial prior to boarding the main dive boat, I was put completely at ease to enjoy the dive in all its glory. What an amazing experience, and one that will never be forgotten..!!

When we arrived back I was eager to book a second dive and was told about the courses that Scuba Junction offer by the sweet and helpful dive shop staff, and straight away signed up to do the Open Water Diver Course which was going to be over 3 days. I was assigned to an instructor (G) that stayed with me the entire time which was great as he was able to find out what my weakness were and work on them with me throughout my time with them, (rather than being passed from instructor to instructor on different dives). After completing the 3 day course, I decided to take my Advanced Open Water Diver Course which consisted of 5 dives over 2 days and they even gave me a cheeky little discount as I had booked both courses with them, which was a very sweet gesture I thought.

I stayed at the accommodation provided by Scuba Junction for a couple of days while I was in-between hotels which was really useful as its so close to the dive shop and boat you need to get to on a daily basis. The bungalow's are quite basic but considering how much you're paying I believe it is more than fair enough and despite the odd creepy crawly coming in to say hi (Standard in Thailand) I thought it was absolutely fine.

I feel quite strongly about giving credit where credit is due, and Scuba Junction and the team have mine for providing me with an amazing first hand experience which has genuinely changed the way I see Diving, from a daunting and unapproachable sport to an exhilarating, sociable and educational hobby.

I seriously can't wait to dive again and I'm counting down the days until I get the chance to come back and visit you guys. Thank you again for everything. Brett x

1 Thank Brett A
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Diving itself good. Staff unprofessional, accommodation horrendous and sneaky charges!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We pre-booked for a fun 1 day 'Discover Scuba' session as we'd never dived before and purposely went to Koh Tao for this experience. We pre-booked and paid upfront, also choosing to stay at their cheap accommodation.

Upon arrival we were dropped at Sabai Sabai which is a good 15 minute walk (maybe more) from the office and was shocked with what we found. Our bungalow hadn't been cleaned since the previous customers - and clearly hadn't been for a long time. Cobwebs, rubbish, unmade bed, layer of dirt everywhere! Furthermore we went into the bathroom and was greeted by a HUGE wild iguana with stripes running round! We noticed a huge hole in the wall which is clearly how it go it. The place was disgusting, no mosquito net, full of holes, dirty and falling apart. Not impressed.

We asked to move to their Cabana accommodation which was slightly more expensive but much closer. This was ok, a tiny shack with a bed that just about fits. After a terrible nights sleep we left to find our own accommodation. Not acceptable really.

When it came to our diving day, on board the boat we were not impressed at all with the attitude of the divers. We were the only 'beginners' that day and all the other people on the boat worked with Scuba Junction, but were doing different advanced courses. We were either completely ignored or told we were in the way. We felt like we'd gatecrashed a group of friends on a fun day out and they clearly didn't want us there. Didn't excatly put us at ease.

After a good skills session and 1st dive with our instructor we enjoyed that main part of the experience. However I must note the instructor wasn't as thorough as should of been, forgetting certain things and making mistakes (I had to keep asking questions because she hadn't previously explained - or explained incorrectly.) I understand she's been diving for 7 years so it is forget these things that come naturally to her. But perhaps she's needs to remember to 'teach' beginners better.

Anyway the main issue I have with this company is what happened next: Once back on the boat we moved location and our instructor clearly said "ok guys want to go back in for a 2nd dive?" Of course we said yes. And it was amazing, joining the others in a particularly good spot.
However back on the boat AFTERWARDS on the way home, our instructor turns to us and says "you know that 2nd dive is another 850 baht right?". We couldn't believe it and actually thought she was joking!! But she wasn't and said someone should of told us. I was furious as no one had said anything about this and it wasn't written or signposted anywhere. No paperwork we signed or anything said this! We felt completely betrayed and was so angry, as I wouldn't have done the 2nd dive if we'd known we had to pay more! The whole ride back was so uncomfortable and it totally took away from the dive experience.

Back at the office, after a difficult intimating discussion with the manager (who was clearly very angry) he said we didn't have to pay THANK GOD! And we are grateful he didn't push too hard, insisting we pay. And said he would have words with the staff. I got the impression this wasn't the first time this happened. After this he walked off, and we left the office with not even a goodbye from anyone. Really left us with a bad taste in our mouths.

We stayed on the island another week and after talking to people about Scuba Junction, it doesn't have a great reputation to those living & working there. Not surprising.

Overall: There are so many dive places on Koh Tao - don't use this one.

6 Thank BGcat
Bangkok
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“storm or no storm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

it was not a real storm; just wind, rain and moderate to big waves when we gathered at the SJ dive shop. it was not what we were expecting since this was supposed to be summer. anyway SJ didnt disappoint us and the trip was not postponed. that morning we did 2 awesome dives with a very patient dive master - Nikki. Thanks scuba junction!

1 Thank sunnimoreno
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We have decided to dive with Scuba Junction as it is guaranteed that there are not more than 4 people per group. That makes it very personalized not like other diving schools on the island with around 8 people per instructor. We were in an international group which was very fun.

We would highly recommend G as instructor as he is very patient, extremly professional and highly motivated! Diving with him was a really great experience.
We just wanted to do the Open Water course but now we are thinking about taking the advanced course with G.

Overall Scuba Junction is definitely an excellent choice to dive with on Koh Tao!

2 Thank ThailandMannu