StayForLong
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at save bungalows for 3nights and had a good time. I stayed at one of the 250 b rooms, which they don't tell you about at first.
Since me and my 2 friends stayed there for 5 nights and had 2 rooms they agreed to lower the price to 200 B for us.
Our room was very clean, comfy bed and fan. Bathroom was outside. I have no complains and had a very good time there. If you end up staying there ask for the house special mixed fruit shake, it's amazing!!!
Oh and the best way to get around the island is by motorbike. I rented mine (manual gear) at Lucky Shop, just a few shops away for 100 b a day.

Room tip: Ask for the 250 rooms if you want to save.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Maya B
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here three nights while doing a doing course. The first two were free, so I couldn't complain too much. On the third night, when the rude and money-grubbing woman at the front desk charged me 500 baht for a basic, charmless bungalow up a steep path, complaining felt fine. She charges for a security locker, her laundry prices are higher than all the stores nearby, and there's a loud bar nearby. Walk a few hundred meters in the opposite direction and there are lots of cleaner, cheaper, quieter options.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The reason I checked in here was due to my previous bungalow being fully booked past the original week I had stayed. I stayed for 3 nights at at a cost of 500 baht per night. You can pay more which gets you a tv and aircon.

It is budget accommodation situated just 2 mins from the ferry pier. It is quiet in terms of traffic, however in peak season I'm sure all the bungalows can create noise being in such close proximity to each other. In my case I stayed in number 4 and had a guy living underneath me - you could hear him coughing and sorting out his belongings well in to the night.

For an extra 100 baht you can stay in the mountains, have hot water, a great view and peace and quiet from the world. It shows what doing a little research can do.

It depends what you are after. Stay here if you are busy diving all day and need a close place to crash and be near food and beverage.

If you want a peaceful holiday to relax and get away from it all, look up sunrise bungalows or sea view resort. (I have a review of sunrise on here)

Overall 3 days was an ok time to spend at save, even though it lacks personality - it has free wifi and is close to everything including sairee beach, a 20 min walk away. Recommend for a short stay. A

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nice place to stay, with very friendly staff. The bungalows also have their own shop and reliable motorbike rental. Rooms are basic but clean, and the price is amongst the cheapest in the area.

Things to do include snorkelling at the reef just off the beach from the Sensi Paradise Beach Resort, which features an underwater ship wreck. Eating fresh seafood on the corner near the pier. And having a drink and a game of pool at Moovs.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank SOLARSKI S
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I cannot recommend it. Koh Tao is very crowded and the bungalows are very dated, barely cleaned and very expensive compared to what you get. We stayed one night and moved back to Samui. The bungalows and Koh Tao were very disappointing. Staff was one of the most unfriendly I have seen.

Date of stay: August 2012