Ko Tao Resort - Paradise Zone
$148
$70
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$47
$42
  • Breakfast included
$33
$32
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$43
$39
$67
$48
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
$186
$166
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$33
$30
Agoda.com
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$23
$22
Hotels.com
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Comparing to other 3 star hotels this is the worst one! We took an upgrade from superieur to a deluxe room and it was a little bit better. Rooms are old, dusty, dirty.
Pool and the beach are great!
Staff is helpfull. Breakfast very poor but we found out that in Thailand this is quit good. I think we are spoild so no big deal. I would not recommand this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joanlamme
Reviewed November 25, 2013

As we had to stay one more night at Koh Tao (due to bad weather) we decided to stay here. We stayed in this resort in 2010 as well and at that time this resort wasn't bad at all. Unfortunately maintenance seem not to exist in Thailand... It started when we arrived at the entrance.
The garden is like a jungle and the fish in the small pond is floating (=dead)
When we entered the room the smell of mold is obvious.
The room itself is ok by the way: at least is looks clean.
The swimming pool looks ok, but the surrounding area is empty which makes it look like a desolate area; not like a resort. The view from the pool onto the island is more than excellent.
The taxi service is very good.
The personnel is not bad, but don't expect the "extra mile" from them.

In general: it's called a resort, but money is not invested to keep it as beautiful as it was in the beginning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joost69
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is one elegant and simple hotel that we really enjoyed because of the view of the sea and the sunset from our patio and suite balcony. It was a great moment every time we would have a cup of tea in the afternoon overlooking the sea and the sun and the people swimming in the pool. The atmosphere of this place was amazing, and it was just great being there. In our three-day stay there, the sun was up, shining and everything was perfect. The food was good although nothing fancy, the service of the staff was superb! We really felt at home because we had that peace of mind that everything is taken care of. The rooms were quite bare, though. It could use a little bit more investment when it comes to aesthetics. The general balcony and restaurant area had painted floors, which would have looked better if they invested a bit on the tiles. Overall, it was a great experience and I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Wow, what can I say, Paradise Zones conception started one night with myself, my good friend Jak Jungsiriwat, videographer, photographer, and owner of ColorBar, Jaks dear friend Mr. Hong, owner of KohTao Resort, some high ranking Thai marine officers, I believe the Chief of Police for KohTao and some guests. We were sitting off to the side of the old Helicoptor landing pad used for emergency evacs for diving accidents. It wasn't being used because KohTao had a barometric chamber by then and Mr.Hong being the owner wanted to put the land to use by building a castle like structure on the crest of ridge.
Jak had a note pad and had Paradise Zone rolling over and over on his lips. While we all sipped fine brandy, Jak sketched. By the end of the evening Paradise Zone had been laid out on Jaks note pad. A brilliant thinker, artist and designer. I came back to Thailand less than year later and Paradise Zone was built and what a spectacular place to build, on the ridge of the mountain. True to Jaks sketchings, and the boldness of Mr.Hong's keen business sense, a truly magnificent structure was born, impeccable rooms with all the amenities all tastefully decorated in Thai flair. Nothing seems to be missed in your comfort with an attention to detail that is difficult to beat. The food is worth the trip up to the hotel just for dinner on the beautiful terrace overlooking the crest of the ridge, like a giant dragons spine that makes its way down to the oceans edge, the Infinity pool, a view of the Gulf of Thailand that is not easily matched on the island. For a romantic getaway, the sunset views from the terrace can only spell "magic" between lovers. There are advantages and disadvantages of being on the mountain and not on the water but truly, a stay on the mountain is cooler than being on the waters edge. The views are stunning, allowing you to get a better perspective of your surroundings, and allows for sunsets that can't compare from the waters edge.
One disadvantage one might perceive is not having the amenities of being on the water, like sunbathing, snorkelling and scuba diving, but Paradise Zone is part of KohTao Resort so everything on the water at KohTao Resort is yours to play with, with friendly staff ready to bring you down the hill to play Oceanside whenever you get that desire. Everyone from Room Service, front desk, to food service understands and speaks English. Most Thais are bilingual. The cost per night is acceptable for this calibre of hotel. If you look at what's made available to the client in terms of comfort, service, beauty, it is in my eyes a place to add spark to a relationship. I would tell you that Paradise Zone is best suited for married couples and a better place for families would be KohTao Resort down the mountain is better suited for families. I have had the pleasure of experiencing all of Koh Tao Resorts best and have no problem recommending this double facility resort to anyone. I've traveled to KohTao 8times in 9 yrs for a total duration of stay of just under 2 yrs. I know this island as I do my own backyard. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: What can you say here, a jacuzzi room of course if you can get them. But all rooms are great at this hotel for that romantic escape.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Norman D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights in the Honeymoon suit (it was the only room available as we booked only a couple of weeks in advance of our trip) It was fabulous! I really couldn't fault our accommodation - we had two balconies and one had a jacuzzi bath, the views were amazing and I'm so pleased we stayed up in the Paradise Zone as opposed to at the bottom in the Koh Tao Resort itself simply for the views. There were regular free taxis (some drivers were maniacs!) up and down the hill we just asked at reception and we only had to wait more than 10 mins on a couple of occasions, usually they were ready and waiting to go, even if some drivers were reluctant to do any work! The staff were so laid back they were virtually horizontal and weren't the politest, but we mainly ate out and only went back up in the last taxi at 10pm. One night, however, we went up and there were no staff about whatsoever and the bars lights were out when it was supposed to be open till 1am! That's not good when you're on holiday but hey ho, we just had an early night. The food was more expensive here too, but for me personally I didn't care as the place was so beautiful and lovely and clean. We had the use of two infinite pools, one in the paradise Zone with amazing views and one near the beach in the resort, plus there was a small one at the resorts bar (I didn't like it in there, it reminded me of Butlins!) Koh Tao is an amazing, beautiful laid back island and i can't recommend it enough! The Paradise Zone in the Koh Tao Resort is a great place to stay - if you don't mind poor staff.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was fab for the small amount of extra cost above the other rooms - well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple